WATRs Player of 2016/17 Season - HAL R9

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Eugene Galekovic
29%
Iacopo La Rocca
2%
Dylan McGowan
6%
Henrique
33%
Isaías
2%
Sergi Guardiola
No votes
Marcelo Carrusca
10%
Ben Garuccio
2%
Tarek Elrich
13%
Ryan Kitto
5%
James Holland
No votes
Marc Marino
No votes
Jesse Makarounas
No votes
Nikola Mileusnic
No votes

Total votes: 63
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:25 pm

Crisis over... 8)
Time to Djbate!
ChillyPhilly
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: WATRs Player of 2016/17 Season - HAL R9

Postby ChillyPhilly Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:00 pm

Definite three in a strong, all-round team performance: Fish, Euge and Tarek.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:47 am

I'd add Carrusca to that. He had a wonderful game.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:57 pm

Can I give a dishonourable mention to Ryan Kitto? The kid has talent but is not showing it consistently enough, think it's time for a spell in the NYL to get his head back in the game.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:34 pm

Can I give a dishonourable mention to Ryan Kitto? The kid has talent but is not showing it consistently enough, think it's time for a spell in the NYL to get his head back in the game.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Come on general, us southies have to stick together !! Haha

Seriously though i do agree. He needs to either find an extra metre of pace or get some quality with the ball. He works damn hard just cant pull the trigger.

I wonder how he would go in the jeggo/mauk role though ?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:08 pm

Thought Kitto got a HEAP of the ball in this one but his final ball was utter trash.

Gets into so many good positions then just crosses it aimlessly to the penalty spot, regardless of whether a player of ours is there or not (and 9 times out of 10 they haven't been).
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:13 am

Kitto had a very good game.
I am Scott
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:05 am

Thought Kitto got a HEAP of the ball in this one but his final ball was utter trash.

Gets into so many good positions then just crosses it aimlessly to the penalty spot, regardless of whether a player of ours is there or not (and 9 times out of 10 they haven't been).
Ironically I thought it more a problem that our attacking players were not hitting the box the same time Kitto was nearing the line.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:12 am

I dont think he has ever gotten a cross past the first defender, unless it was to no one.

I think he does play better when he's on the left but I dont rate him at this stage.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:33 am

I felt he played fairly well. Got in good positions, but he holds on to the ball too long IMO. If he took on the shot or played the thru ball in earlier I think he'd be a more dangerous player.
He's very strong and capabile on the ball but I think he does lack that bit of pace to burn defenders. That's why I think he'd be of more use in the centre of the park.
I'd be interested in seeing him offered Isaias' spot in the middle although maybe that could wait till Cirio is back in. Otherwise is was very impressed with the spark Marino offered when he came on maybe he can come in on thw wing and rotate with Guardiola.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Re: WATRs Player of 2016/17 Season - HAL R9,

Postby shinAUFC Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:30 am

I felt he played fairly well. Got in good positions, but he holds on to the ball too long IMO. If he took on the shot or played the thru ball in earlier I think he'd be a more dangerous player.
He's very strong and capabile on the ball but I think he does lack that bit of pace to burn defenders. That's why I think he'd be of more use in the centre of the park.
I'd be interested in seeing him offered Isaias' spot in the middle although maybe that could wait till Cirio is back in. Otherwise is was very impressed with the spark Marino offered when he came on maybe he can come in on thw wing and rotate with Guardiola.
Yeah, this is the problem as he is generally consistent in doing positive things but it never amounts to anything. We would probably be better putting zadkovic out wide and let him bomb away because atleast he occasionaly scored.

We are being harsh on kitto no doubt as he never plays bad, its just his hard work never amounts to anything
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:43 am

Yeah, this is the problem as he is generally consistent in doing positive things but it never amounts to anything. We would probably be better putting zadkovic out wide and let him bomb away because atleast he occasionaly scored.

We are being harsh on kitto no doubt as he never plays bad, its just his hard work never amounts to anything
He is still only 22 as well and has basically only a season of HAL football under his belt.
If there is a better option to be played there if sure Amor will go with that. Considering Kitto gives 100% for 90 mins I'm sure Amor is pretty happy with him. He just needs to work on his decision making a little.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:21 pm

He is still only 22 as well and has basically only a season of HAL football under his belt.
If there is a better option to be played there if sure Amor will go with that. Considering Kitto gives 100% for 90 mins I'm sure Amor is pretty happy with him. He just needs to work on his decision making a little.
Yeah thats a good point.

As with many of our players in the first 9 rounds we very quickly forget how young they actually are.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:55 pm

Yeah thats a good point.

As with many of our players in the first 9 rounds we very quickly forget how young they actually are.
Exactly. Everyone who criticises Mells never seems to mention that he's a 19 year old kid playing in the top flight of Australian football.
I think the fact he and the other young players have shown even at times that they are capable at HAL level should offer fans a little insight into the fact that as they develop they may become far more consistent players.
If I think back to when I was 19-22 there were loads of things I took time to learn and develop and now I am far better at them now (except my athletic ability, that's been in steady decline since that age!)
But I do feel this season has shown that the players that have come thru the youth side have had an advantage over the other young players. I hope this trend continues and we start to see more and more young players coming thru from the youth side after learning the "AU way" with seasons of experience at NPL and NYL level.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:04 pm

I think O'Doherty and McGree are both better than Mells and they're younger or the same age.

Mells is average IMO even for his age.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”