Rd 6: AUFC v BNE 11-11-16

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Re: Rd 6: AUFC v BNE 11-11-16

Postby mcjules Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:28 pm

I remember Jeggo still being criticised this far into his AU career, there's still time for him.

To me Maka is more of a Mauk type of midfielder rather than another Jeggo. He's playing in a team that's struggling where as the team was "flying" when Mauk came in.

Not saying he's going to make it but it's too early to make the call.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:30 pm

I remember Jeggo still being criticised this far into his AU career, there's still time for him.

To me Maka is more of a Mauk type of midfielder rather than another Jeggo. He's playing in a team that's struggling where as the team was "flying" when Mauk came in.

I remember isias being criticised in round 10 of his first season and has gone on to be one of the greatest midfielders the league has seen. Imo

I also recall kamau being expendable until around round 20 when he was able to string a few games together.

Its important to think big picture, which is why im so positive that we have a young talented squad who will be firing late in the season and in acl.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:48 am

I remember isias being criticised in round 10 of his first season and has gone on to be one of the greatest midfielders the league has seen. Imo

I also recall kamau being expendable until around round 20 when he was able to string a few games together.

Its important to think big picture, which is why im so positive that we have a young talented squad who will be firing late in the season and in acl.
Very good points.

And we are in a very different position to most teams that end up last on the table.
We know we have plenty of quality in the squad
We know we have a coach who can coach.
Usually a team is lacking at least one of these when they are bottom. We have just been ruined by injuries and when our best players are back lots of wins will come.

A lot of people seem to be raving about how Brisbane played against City but I think they did nothing special. Yes they put a lot of players behind the ball and broke quickly when they got the ball but City was terrible going forward. The missed pass after pass and also a lot of passes were behind running players. JVS's tactics left them wide open at the back and Brisbane wasted opportunity after opportunity to score. That kind of wastefulness will cost them a lot of points during the season.
If Brisbane play the same way against us then we will be better set up to deal with their counter attacks because we will have two true centre backs in position. Also we have the best DM in the competition which should make a difference.
If Carrusca and Holland come back in to the starting team then we have the quality in the midfield to do better than City did with the ball.
If not then we are again going to struggle to control the midfield and the defence will come under a lot of pressure again.
I am Scott
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Who is left

Postby The Claw Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:23 am

The difference between Makarounnas and Mauk is massive. Such as Maka has produced SFA at the Glory and Victory before AU, at AU he is pretty much doing what I have seen him do at bothclubs before, SFA.
He is a squad filler signing at best, like at least 2-3 others were.
I find it laughabe that Grant Mayer is banging on about how we are spending more than ever before, if that is the case the choices of Kovacivic and Mayer are clearly a massive worry.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:11 am

The difference between Makarounnas and Mauk is massive. Such as Maka has produced SFA at the Glory and Victory before AU, at AU he is pretty much doing what I have seen him do at bothclubs before, SFA.
I find it laughabe that Grant Mayer is banging on about how we are spending more than ever before, if that is the case the choices of Kovacivic and Mayer are clearly a massive worry.
I would very much doubt Grant would have any say in player signings.
I think it's pretty harsh to say Makarounas did SFA all Perth when he was signed as a 17 year old.
The signing of Mauk was an absolute jackpot. To expect every 22 year old the club signs to hit the ground running and make the Socceroos 5 months later is also laughable.
Time to Djbate!
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:47 am

Well said, I think you've hit it on the nose. I really do feel like we were in for another Jeggo, or at least I hoped so.

O'Doherty does seem like a new young winger who can really blossom under Amor, it feels pretty good too have these young players coming through who seem like they can really lift.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Lock him into a contract before Melbourne City start hitting him up
tinby
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Toure

Postby tinby Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:59 pm

Please tell me you're mistaken!
Kovacivic I trust as he has played football for AC & Perth and knows his onions.
Mayer on the other hand is a fat, white administrator who's history in football is one & a bit years at United, his knowledge of football is on a par with a 6 year old primary school player.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Who is left

Postby The Claw Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:46 pm

I meant the choices of Mayer as Ceo and kovacivic as football director, if we are spending more than ever on the current squad, then petrillo deserves a statue. Let's face it, only signings on decent wages would be Holland and Sergi and with the losses of Bruce, Goodwin etc. either Grant is telling fairy tales on Twitter or these two have been ripped off big time coxmz the squad last year was clearly better.
Stuckey, the only thing laughable is that AU were stupid enough to sign him when he barely played in a crap victory team. He still can't pass or shoot and has had 5 games of nothing since coming over. Our midfield is the major issue with Isaias and Holland and then not much. I'd have Cam Watson over maka and that I thought I'd never say!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:42 pm

I meant the choices of Mayer as Ceo and kovacivic as football director, if we are spending more than ever on the current squad, then petrillo deserves a statue. Let's face it, only signings on decent wages would be Holland and Sergi and with the losses of Bruce, Goodwin etc. either Grant is telling fairy tales on Twitter or these two have been ripped off big time coxmz the squad last year was clearly better.
Stuckey, the only thing laughable is that AU were stupid enough to sign him when he barely played in a crap victory team. He still can't pass or shoot and has had 5 games of nothing since coming over. Our midfield is the major issue with Isaias and Holland and then not much. I'd have Cam Watson over maka and that I thought I'd never say!
+1 for Cam Watson > Malakarounas

Didn't look good in midfield with holland and isiais around him and looked worse next to mells.

Hopefully we are getting our injuries out of the way early so our squaddies can get back to being squaddies. Although we have seen O'doherty get same decent game time and uncovered a bit of a gem by the looks of things, better than Mabil IMO and more versatile.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:51 pm

I missed the game against the Mariners because my plans to leave PAX early were foiled by being too good at Rocket League.

I'm assuming from the commentary here that Makarounas was completely absent again?
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:07 am

Would genuinely like to know how this is our most expensive squad ever.
we da best
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:30 am

Inflation adjusted?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:54 am

Please tell me you're mistaken!
Kovacivic I trust as he has played football for AC & Perth and knows his onions.
Mayer on the other hand is a fat, white administrator who's history in football is one & a bit years at United, his knowledge of football is on a par with a 6 year old primary school player.
There is no need for personal attacks on Grant. If you have a beef with him, be grown up enough to say that to him personally on twitter so he's able to respond.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:55 am

So what choices has Grant made in reference to the playing squad which is what we're talking about?
Time to Djbate!
tinby
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Toure

Postby tinby Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:58 am

There is no need for personal attacks on Grant. If you have a beef with him, be grown up enough to say that to him personally on twitter so he's able to respond.
Fair do's, I have anger within and experience working in the Public Service made me say things about Mayer that were uncalled for.
So, as I had a personal dig on this forum 'll also use it to apologize - sorry Grant

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”