Grand Final ticket prices

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Gianaqua
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carrusca

Re: Grand Final ticket prices

Postby Gianaqua Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:05 pm

People raise this issue everytime a grandfinal is due to be played yet all grandfinals are filled to capacity.

This would indicate the ticket pricing is on point and imo theres not much room left to argue.

Dont get me wrong, its unfortunate tickets are so pricey particularly for young families but if the game sells out then the market obviously agrees with the pricing and so far ffa have not yet got gf pricing wrong.
Shin, I absolutely agree if we get 50k, then they've got their pricing 'right' to maximise profit. It would be a shame for families, but I understand the business decision. I'd be surprised if we get 50k though (despite excellent early sales), but would be ecstatic to stand corrected. I really hope we do, any less than 45k and AO won't look the best and the FFA would have gotten it wrong IMO. Supply and demand - let's hope the demand is there, all the way to 50k+!
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:28 pm

People raise this issue everytime a grandfinal is due to be played yet all grandfinals are filled to capacity.

This would indicate the ticket pricing is on point and imo theres not much room left to argue.

Dont get me wrong, its unfortunate tickets are so pricey particularly for young families but if the game sells out then the market obviously agrees with the pricing and so far ffa have not yet got gf pricing wrong.
Shin, I absolutely agree if we get 50k, then they've got their pricing 'right' to maximise profit. It would be a shame for families, but I understand the business decision. I'd be surprised if we get 50k though (despite excellent early sales), but would be ecstatic to stand corrected. I really hope we do, any less than 45k and AO won't look the best and the FFA would have gotten it wrong IMO. Supply and demand - let's hope the demand is there, all the way to 50k+!
Yeah if we dont sell the game out then thats on the ffa. They got it wrong.

I remember people were sceptical suncorp would not sell due to prices and by Wednesday it was completely sold out.

liverpool was a sellout, over 30k to see the roos play tajikawhooos, a sell out here will show the ffa we want big football fixtures involving the socceroos imo.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Geogeo
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carussca
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: We hate you because your victorian.

Postby Geogeo Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:11 am

I'm sick of hearing the bitching to be honest.

-The last time a south australian team hosted the grandfinal was 1994/95 - Adelaide City.

-The last time AUFC made the final was 2009. (A long F'ing 7 years)

-The last time a south australian team won the NSL was Adelaide city in 1993/94.

-This is the first Grandfinal of any code since 1995.

-Ticket prices were reduced by 40% from last years grandfinal.

- Real Madrid Vs Man City, Category A tickets were $220.

- I saw a guy on facebook complaining about the ticket prices compared to Champions league tickets, where he paid $116 dollars for the equivalent of Cat C. Category C at AO is $60.

-Grandfinals for AFL & NRL, tickets start from $180 up to $400.

This is the biggest game of the A-league, i think the FFA is justified in having a premium price for it.

If you chose to not buy a ticket, be prepared to wait another 20 years before we host another one.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:56 am

I'm sick of hearing the bitching to be honest.

-The last time a south australian team hosted the grandfinal was 1994/95 - Adelaide City.

-The last time AUFC made the final was 2009. (A long F'ing 7 years)

-The last time a south australian team won the NSL was Adelaide city in 1993/94.

-This is the first Grandfinal of any code since 1995.

-Ticket prices were reduced by 40% from last years grandfinal.

- Real Madrid Vs Man City, Category A tickets were $220.

- I saw a guy on facebook complaining about the ticket prices compared to Champions league tickets, where he paid $116 dollars for the equivalent of Cat C. Category C at AO is $60.

-Grandfinals for AFL & NRL, tickets start from $180 up to $400.

This is the biggest game of the A-league, i think the FFA is justified in having a premium price for it.

If you chose to not buy a ticket, be prepared to wait another 20 years before we host another one.
Hear hear.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:05 am

Im not sure anyone on here is really complaining about ticket prices
Last edited by shinAUFC on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Geogeo
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carussca
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: We hate you because your victorian.

Postby Geogeo Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:59 am

Pretty sure that's why the thread was started wasn't it.

Heaps of people complaining on FB
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:07 am

Im not sure anyone on hear is really complaining about ticket prices
I think the prices are reasonable but I would really need to buy a reserved seat as I would be arriving quite close to time due to other commitments. I just cannot justify the cost given my current financial situation.
I am Scott
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:51 am

Don't think anyone's really complaining here its more a discussion on whether tickets are too expensive or not based on the amount of people complaining on facebook etc.

I like to think our discussions are a little bit more elevated than people on social media :D
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:52 am

Inb4 someone replies to my last post with the word "salty"
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:55 am

Grabbed 4 in general admission so I can stand and be with mates.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:41 pm

Incorrect.

It was started purely to get everyone's opinion on the pricing structure and the effect it will have on the crowd figure.

As Gianaqua said in response to Shin if the game sells out then it's all good and they got it right, but as we all know the place feels like a morgue atmosphere wise when it's only half full. That was my main concern, but early signs are good - time will tell.
Gianaqua
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carrusca

Postby Gianaqua Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:47 pm

Incorrect.

It was started purely to get everyone's opinion on the pricing structure and the effect it will have on the crowd figure.

As Gianaqua said in response to Shin if the game sells out then it's all good and they got it right, but as we all know the place feels like a morgue atmosphere wise when it's only half full. That was my main concern, but early signs are good - time will tell.
Spot on MartinAUFC. As I said, I will be there (regardless of price). It's whether or not it will sell out that I am concerned with. Anything less is a failure for the biggest game of the A League season. Hope to stand corrected, if it's a full house, the FFA have got it right.
tinby
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Toure

Postby tinby Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:44 pm

I think by making the cheapest adult ticked $59, they have brought a potential 50k crowd down to 30k. It's a bit greedy of the FFA I think. As the Fox sports crew said on their A-league podcast, if the FFA is serious about getting a major TV deal, they need to get more people engaged. By pricing so many people out, they are actually cheapening their overall product. It's short sighted thinking from the FFA.

I know 4 people who said to me they were super keen for the GF, but when I told them the price, they said no, they'll have a BBQ and watch at home instead. Sure, is die hards will go regardless, but that's not what this opportunity is about. It's about increasing the supporter base for seasons to come. Opportunity missed in my opinion. Rant over...

What a win last night, we will beat anyone next week!
For what it's worth I agree entirely.
A bit pissed off with the FFA's handling of this - keep the ticket prices low>fill the stadium>look good on TV for advertisers = better chance of +$$ TV deal
EdDog

Grand Final ticket prices

Postby EdDog Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:55 pm

But it's pretty much the same prices they've had for the last few GFs (excluding last year where they doubled prices due to the smaller stadium).

If it's sold out in those year's, why not this year?

Unless it's the people of Adelaide that's the problem?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:24 pm

But it's pretty much the same prices they've had for the last few GFs (excluding last year where they doubled prices due to the smaller stadium).

If it's sold out in those year's, why not this year?

Unless it's the people of Adelaide that's the problem?
Yeah if we cant sell this out then a marquee socceroos game is not something we deserve.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”