Preview: Hindmarsh Semi-Final Versus City

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

milan_7
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Re: Preview: Hindmarsh Semi-Final Versus TBA

Postby milan_7 Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:03 pm

I don't have money to get a ticket

:cry:
Seriously mate, do a fuckload of chores and suck up to your mum and convince her to give you the money. If you can't use this foolproof line which helped me convince my mother to let me go to the 2006/07 GF in Melbourne (Doesn't matter if what you are saying is true). I was like ten at the time so I have developed it a bit further :lol:

'Look I am not passionate about many things, I go through life not happy a lot of the time. Football is the thing that drives me forward, football is the thing that gets me through the week. For the 90 minutes I am able to forget about the game and just support my team. It is my one passion and thing that I feel most confident with. I can understand if you don't want to but are you really going to take my one passion away from me?'

Done.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:05 pm

I dont think it's open to the public until tomorrow. Its currently open for football family members.

All GA is sold and only single seats in western stand. Although they may not have released all the seats yet.

Salmon if you want a football family passcode PM me.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:08 pm

I don't have money to get a ticket

:cry:
Seriously mate, do a fuckload of chores and suck up to your mum and convince her to give you the money. If you can't use this foolproof line which helped me convince my mother to let me go to the 2006/07 GF in Melbourne (Doesn't matter if what you are saying is true). I was like ten at the time so I have developed it a bit further :lol:

'Look I am not passionate about many things, I go through life not happy a lot of the time. Football is the thing that drives me forward, football is the thing that gets me through the week. For the 90 minutes I am able to forget about the game and just support my team. It is my one passion and thing that I feel most confident with. I can understand if you don't want to but are you really going to take my one passion away from me?'

Done.
She's still pissed off at me because I blew more than I should've on food and drink at the Brisbane Roar, Mariners and Socceroos games (why is stadium food so expensive).

Plus it's already sold out. A family friend of ours is a photographer who works at Adelaide United games and usually gets a bunch of tickets to every game. Might beg him for one :lol:
we da best
gooner fc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: malik

Postby gooner fc Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:05 pm

do they hold tickets over for general public or is this a good ploy to sell more season tickets
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:03 pm

do they hold tickets over for general public or is this a good ploy to sell more season tickets
I have no doubt they will release extra tickets a few days out as standing room only

Also the away bay may be reduced if they do not sell many seats, vicotry will travel well. City and glory may not fill 2 bays.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:38 pm

It isn't sold out, just the member allocation is exhausted.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:28 pm

I just hope a quick sell out doesn't tempt the FFA to try and move the game to Adelaide Oval to meet the demand for tickets.
I am Scott
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:32 pm

I just hope a quick sell out doesn't tempt the FFA to try and move the game to Adelaide Oval to meet the demand for tickets.
I worried the same thing but if the Wanderers get to play at Pirtek then it would be extremely inequitable to move our game to AO. I would assume tickets would be selling just as fast for their semi.
Gianaqua
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carrusca

Postby Gianaqua Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:54 pm

If we do get Victory, do you think the powers that be should consider filling in the corners with temporary seating? If ever there was demand for it, it would be for that game. If we win, they could stay up another week for when we host the grand final. If it's 3,000 extra seats, it equates to 6,000 extra ticket sales over the two weeks. Can we start a petition?
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:58 pm

By the way,

WE ARE GOING TO WIN THIS SEMI FINAL.
I am Scott
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:02 pm

If we do get Victory, do you think the powers that be should consider filling in the corners with temporary seating? If ever there was demand for it, it would be for that game. If we win, they could stay up another week for when we host the grand final. If it's 3,000 extra seats, it equates to 6,000 extra ticket sales over the two weeks. Can we start a petition?
Filling in any more then the lower bays would take substantial planning and i would imagine there would be insurance issues as it would need to be audited for evacuations among other things.

I did wonder the same thing though, it would have been nice for sure
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:35 am

The semi will not be moved, regardless of demand.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:12 am

Theres a slight over-estimation of the magical powers of temporary seating here.
gooner fc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: malik

Postby gooner fc Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:43 am

val said there is 6500 tickets for sale today
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:49 am

val said there is 6500 tickets for sale today
Echoed by Grant Mayer (CEO) - 10k sold during members and football family pre-sale.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”