Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Capac
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Capac Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:10 pm

I reckon Kamau will stay IMO, we wouldn't be playing him this regularly if he was leaving at the end of the season as we have seen with other players. Will get a 2 year contract and they will try and get a transfer fee for him.
I'd love to see AU throw a decent contract at him. Awer got a 3 year deal which I expect had a healthy buy out clause as part. I think the same should be offered to Kamau. I personally see it as a win-win contract. If he gets picked up. Great for him and the club earns a little coin. If he doesn't we get to watch him develop into hopefully one of the league's most dangerous winger.

You would think the club will have some money to play with. Surely with Goodwin going kamau is basically guaranteed a starting spot.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Zach Clough

McGowan rejects new contract

Postby sub007 Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:10 pm

McGowan has reportedly rejected a new contract two weeks ago according to this link.

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/470078 ... nd/slide/3
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Re: McGowan rejects new contract

Postby salmonfc Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:15 pm

Fucking hell, didn't realise this was actually happening.

Should definitely bring Rhys Williams in next season. I mean, who else can replace him?
we da best
salmonfc

Postby salmonfc Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:17 pm

Sounds like McGowan's gone.

If the club doesn't do whatever it takes to get Kamau's signature, they're fucked in the head.
we da best
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: McGowan rejects new contract

Postby bpowell454 Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Really hate losing good players to other HAL clubs for free. We seem to lose HAL players when they are up and sign the HAL players that are down.

No problem with him going overseas at all though, disappointed to lose a good player but understand good aussie players have overseas ambitions.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:57 pm

Sorry sub007, I've merged your thread in with the rest of the signing discussions as there's nothing concrete in that article.
salmonfc

Postby salmonfc Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:33 pm

I trust that Amor will find a quality replacement for McGowan.

inb4 Griffin's frivolous ways mean we end up with Jacob Poscoliero.
we da best
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:48 pm

Really hate losing good players to other HAL clubs for free. We seem to lose HAL players when they are up and sign the HAL players that are down.

No problem with him going overseas at all though, disappointed to lose a good player but understand good aussie players have overseas ambitions.
IMO there's no excuse for AU to lose McGowan to another HAL club for financial reasons. IMO he's a good chance to be part of the team of the season so there's no reason why his contract shouldn't reflect that. IMO this article is little more than an attempt to drive his price up considering the only person quoted is his agent.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:38 pm

Anyone thought mcgowan just wants to get out of adelaide? If so good luck to him. Not the end of the world.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
gooner fc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: malik

Postby gooner fc Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:30 am

im pretty sure Goody is a free agent as well
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:18 am

Anyone thought mcgowan just wants to get out of adelaide? If so good luck to him. Not the end of the world.
But why? Can't be for footballing reasons, he's got his position nailed down in a team playing great football. Is it just that he wants to get out of his comfort zone a bit?

Hope that there's no issue with personality clashes or anything like that.

Him angling for a pay rise is probably the most likely, and (without knowing what he's currently on) it'd certainly be deserved after the season he's had.

McGowan strikes me as a future leader of the club (after Eugene & Bruce, of course!) so it would be a massive shame if he wanted out.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
EdDog

Who's signed for next season

Postby EdDog Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:23 am

Think we've seen that defenders develop really well in this system and whilst it wouldn't be ideal to lose him (particularly to a HAL team), the youth boys will step up and develop just as well.

First season we lost McKain, then Boogs, then Malik and now possibly McGowan but it hasn't slowed us down much tbh. All were quality at the time but more quality stepped up.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:16 am

But why? Can't be for footballing reasons, he's got his position nailed down in a team playing great football. Is it just that he wants to get out of his comfort zone a bit?

Hope that there's no issue with personality clashes or anything like that.

Him angling for a pay rise is probably the most likely, and (without knowing what he's currently on) it'd certainly be deserved after the season he's had.

McGowan strikes me as a future leader of the club (after Eugene & Bruce, of course!) so it would be a massive shame if he wanted out.
If you do a little digging in the news you could probably find a reason that adelaide may not be a happy place for him to live ( it could have absolutely nothing to do with it also )

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/s ... -1-4057096
Though this article is a few weeks old mcgowan talks about his contract and hasnt ruled anything out. Sounds like he wants to get back to scotland.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
flavze

Postby flavze Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:01 am

a front 3 of Troisi, Burns and Kamau next season would go alright i reckon.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:35 pm

a front 3 of Troisi, Burns and Kamau next season would go alright i reckon.
Troisi and Burns, that is ambition and optimism. I can not see it myself but I would LOVE, and be DELIGHTED to be wrong. Even one of them would be EXCITING. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D B) B) B)
I am Scott

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”