Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby shinAUFC Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:21 pm

You'll find that Euge is our highest paid player, easily. Then it'd be Chelo, Cirio, Isa, Bruce and Elrich, roughly in that order too.
I'm not saying they'd all be on an even amount.
I'll break it down.
Salary Cap = $2,600,000
#1 - Galekovic - Exempt
#2 - Marrone
#3 - La Rocca
#4 - McGowan
#5 - Malik
#7 - Pablo Sanchez
#8 - Isaias Sanchez
#9 - Sergio Cirio
#10 - Carrusca - Exempt
#11 - Djite
#12 - Ochieng - Exempt
#13 - Smith - Exempt
#14 - Mells - $60k max
#15 - Warland - Exempt
#16 - Goodwin
#17 - Dugandzic - $60k max
#18 - Jeggo - $60k max
#19 - Babalj
#20 - Hall - $60k max
#21 - Elrich
#23 - Elsey - $60k max
#24 - Kamau - $60k max

22 players, minus 2 marquees, 3 youth, minus 6 low wage players
6 low wage players salary combined = $360k
13 remain players = $2,240,000 or $172,000 each.
I'd estimate that Goodwin and McGowan wouldn't be on a huge wage either.
Obviously Isaias and Cirio would be earning a higher wage then that but I really can't see it being that high that this could be the average wage. I seriously doubt the club is using it's entire salary cap.
I've always speculated that even though Eugene and Carrusca are our "marquees", AU would still be counting their wage as part of the cap to make up the minimum spend.

So my theory is we have no marquees.

Compare this to the big clubs who would pay their marquees outside the cap AND use every inch of the cap on regular signings AND get involved in a few shady 3rd party "player sponsorships" and I think you will find we would have less than half the wage bill of the big clubs IMHO.
It would not really surprise me but it would disappoint me if the two marquees are not really marquees.
If we are paying 90%+ a tiny bit and it includes Galekovic and Carrusca and some wages that AZ are actually playing Babalj then it is a very, very small wage bill.
We also have that 100k exemption for long serving players so a portion of maliks wages would be excluded ( euge is already marquee )
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:12 pm

You'll find that Euge is our highest paid player, easily. Then it'd be Chelo, Cirio, Isa, Bruce and Elrich, roughly in that order too.
I'm not saying they'd all be on an even amount.
I'll break it down.
Salary Cap = $2,600,000
#1 - Galekovic - Exempt
#2 - Marrone
#3 - La Rocca
#4 - McGowan
#5 - Malik
#7 - Pablo Sanchez
#8 - Isaias Sanchez
#9 - Sergio Cirio
#10 - Carrusca - Exempt
#11 - Djite
#12 - Ochieng - Exempt
#13 - Smith - Exempt
#14 - Mells - $60k max
#15 - Warland - Exempt
#16 - Goodwin
#17 - Dugandzic - $60k max
#18 - Jeggo - $60k max
#19 - Babalj
#20 - Hall - $60k max
#21 - Elrich
#23 - Elsey - $60k max
#24 - Kamau - $60k max

22 players, minus 2 marquees, 3 youth, minus 6 low wage players
6 low wage players salary combined = $360k
13 remain players = $2,240,000 or $172,000 each.
I'd estimate that Goodwin and McGowan wouldn't be on a huge wage either.
Obviously Isaias and Cirio would be earning a higher wage then that but I really can't see it being that high that this could be the average wage. I seriously doubt the club is using it's entire salary cap.
I've always speculated that even though Eugene and Carrusca are our "marquees", AU would still be counting their wage as part of the cap to make up the minimum spend.

So my theory is we have no marquees.

Compare this to the big clubs who would pay their marquees outside the cap AND use every inch of the cap on regular signings AND get involved in a few shady 3rd party "player sponsorships" and I think you will find we would have less than half the wage bill of the big clubs IMHO.
It would not really surprise me but it would disappoint me if the two marquees are not really marquees.
If we are paying 90%+ a tiny bit and it includes Galekovic and Carrusca and some wages that AZ are actually playing Babalj then it is a very, very small wage bill.
We also have that 100k exemption for long serving players so a portion of maliks wages would be excluded ( euge is already marquee )
True so the potential earnings for the mid tier players is higher.
Time to Djbate!
Scott is back
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Osama Malik

Postby Scott is back Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:13 pm

I wonder if they are using that for Malik.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:28 pm

No I don't think they are using that clause.
A better use would be including Euge in the loyalty player clause then the club could look at another marquee player.
Although it's unlikely that will happen.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:38 pm

Also what is this I hear about Marti leaving at season's end?

Any truth to it? Perhaps MV will be promoted to outright assistant?
Bumping - anyone have any deets on this?
Scott is back

Postby Scott is back Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:26 pm

A better use would be including Euge in the loyalty player clause then the club could look at another marquee player.
Very unlikely, BUT
Troisi would be a great marquee. He was the best Aussie in the A-league when he was at Victory and I think he would be again if he came to us. He could play on the right of a very fluid front three with Cirio and Pablo, or swap sides with Cirio if Djite or Babalj is the striker. Also mean we could rotate Elrich, Marrone and Goodwin in the full back positions as needed with the ACL commitments.
Kamau could play on the right if Troisi needed to be rested from A-league games, or Troisi could be swapped to the left if Cirio needed to be rested.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:59 am

Very unlikely, BUT
Troisi would be a great marquee. He was the best Aussie in the A-league when he was at Victory and I think he would be again if he came to us. He could play on the right of a very fluid front three with Cirio and Pablo, or swap sides with Cirio if Djite or Babalj is the striker. Also mean we could rotate Elrich, Marrone and Goodwin in the full back positions as needed with the ACL commitments.
Kamau could play on the right if Troisi needed to be rested from A-league games, or Troisi could be swapped to the left if Cirio needed to be rested.
My big hope is that someone like Troisi is what the club is seemingly saving it's pennys for. I honestly can't imagine the club signing a better player realistically.
Time to Djbate!
offshorejack
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby offshorejack Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:06 am

don't know if this has already been posted elsewhere...

but, this will come as a surprise to a few on here I think

ps... Image
Scott is back

Postby Scott is back Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:04 am

don't know if this has already been posted elsewhere...

but, this will come as a surprise to a few on here I think

[/url]

I cannot read the article. Did they say that Galekovic and Carrusca's wages were included or excluded?

If excluded we must be giving away money for nothing.
offshorejack
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby offshorejack Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:48 am

I cannot read the article. Did they say that Galekovic and Carrusca's wages were included or excluded?

If excluded we must be giving away money for nothing.
nah, they didn't mention it... here is more of the article:

A-League wage gap shows shocking difference between football’s rich and poor
SO the A-League has a salary cap? Well kind of.

Today, Confidential can reveal the gulf between the A-League haves and have-nots — or rather the spend and spend-nots — since new rules were introduced giving more flexibility around the cap.

It means that even before marquee wages, Melbourne City are predicting a spend on players of $3.1m this season, compared with the Mariners figure of $2.3m — more than a third less, which goes a long way to explaining why Central Coast are bottom of the ladder.

The figures that Confidential has obtained, compiled by each club and submitted centrally to FFA, contain some extraordinary results.

Adelaide are the second-highest spending club on player payments excluding marquees, at a fraction under $3m, followed by Melbourne Victory and the Wanderers.

The huge differentials come from the extra allowances brought in for this season, which include an extra $200,000 on long-term players, $200,000 on homegrown players, and the ability to carry over up to five per cent of any unspent cap from the previous two years.

Unlimited relocation expenses are also allowed, for instance up to $30,000 for a family of four coming from overseas, and a handful of contracted youth league players.

It means that City were allowed to spend some $475,000 on top of the $2.6m cap — which might shut up those demanding that the City Group spend more on players given the wealth behind them.

The clubs are less willing to share their marquee costs with each other, but we have it on good authority that between them Aaron Mooy and Robert Koren earn some $2.2m at City, which keeps them top of the tree overall — and simply magnifies still further the gap with the marquee-less Mariners.

Of the other teams, we understand Sydney’s $2.85m of player payments around the cap is topped up by marquee wages of $1.45m to Filip Holosko and Alex Brosque, while the Wanderers’ $2.9m of cap-related payments comes before just over $1m on marquees Frederico Piovaccari and Dario Vidosic.

There’s devil in the detail too — the Mariners are currently at 89.1 per cent of the cap, below the 90 per cent floor, so somebody might be getting a bonus before the final figures at the end of the season. The hard part will be trying to find a reason
[/url]

sorry I didn't realise this was "premium" content (as I'm always logged in). for those with foxtel/fox sports, you can sign up for free. doesn't take long & is worth doing.

the article also mentions that Vitor Saba is keen on a return to the a-league. if (hypothetically) Carrusca goes in january, this is one "a-league reject" I'd be happy the club look at. still only 25, he'd be a step up from Chelo if he can improve his fitness & work rate IMO.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:45 am

Well if those figures are true, we should expect more from our players
EdDog

Who's signed for next season

Postby EdDog Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:48 am

Cannot believe we have a bigger wage bill than WSW and Brisbane.

I reckon if our marquees aren't included then our marquees would be on a fraction of what the other marquees are on.

Edit: ...and less than Victory? What a laugh. MV would trump ours but they have ways of getting around it.

I reckon the old adage of players wanting to play for the East Coast clubs also has an impact. We probably have to pay more to get the same quality players to Adelaide.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:02 am

ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:05 am

Looking at it they added our marquee wages to take us to 3.5 mill but didnt add mvfc marquees to take them to 4.2 mill.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:10 am

The salary cap is too complicated to get clear figures on this but as is pointed out, we're not the second spenders in the league.

We're not the huge tight arses that people make us out to be either.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”