Bruce's dry spell

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Bruce's dry spell

Postby shinAUFC Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:26 pm

It is absolutely Bruce's job to make runs into the box to be on the end of our winger's good work.
Absolutely

But the point being for the wingers to get that ball usually involves bruce dropping deep and holding up the ball so carussca or jeggo can be fed in a promising area as our wide players make runs.

Bruces job is not to run past the defenders imo. Although a target man who could actually do this would be preffered
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:18 pm

So I counted Bruce receiving the ball in the area 3 times on open play. One he got his header away the other two he was closed down early. Considering AU made 25 crosses Bruce is receiving the ball just over 10% of the time highlights the scraps he's living off.
Or highlights his poor positioning and runs?
That too possibly.
Time to Djbate!
ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:39 pm

Considering he never changes his run and defenders have an easy day cutting out the wingers hard work i woukd say bruce needs to make a change or dont bother using our wings.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:48 pm

It is absolutely Bruce's job to make runs into the box to be on the end of our winger's good work.
Absolutely

But the point being for the wingers to get that ball usually involves bruce dropping deep and holding up the ball so carussca or jeggo can be fed in a promising area as our wide players make runs.

Bruces job is not to run past the defenders imo. Although a target man who could actually do this would be preffered

Point being that Bruce hardly ever feeds the ball off to Jeggo or Carusca when deep.
Our best attacking movements come when Bruce has nothing to do with it and Carusca cirio create and link up along with elrich and Goodwin. Bruce is really pretty useless. Holds ball up but is one of the most dispossessed players in the league.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:45 pm

Dear Mr.Gombau,

as you can see we are debating the merits of Mr.Djite, his 8 game goal drought and his role in your system.
Would you mind spending a couple of minutes to give us your opinion?

Thank you in advance.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:04 pm

Predicted reply-

This is futbol, we are working working working, I am so happy.

:) gotta love the way he talks
gooner fc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: malik

Postby gooner fc Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:06 am

Dear Mr.Gombau,

as you can see we are debating the merits of Mr.Djite, his 8 game goal drought and his role in your system.
Would you mind spending a couple of minutes to give us your opinion?

Thank you in advance.

i have heard gombou speak on this and brucey is playing the way that gombou wants him to play and he is more than happy with bruce , hence a two year contract , just saying
B)
EdDog

Bruce's dry spell

Postby EdDog Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:58 am

Yeah. I think we would all like Bruce to score more goals but it is clear Gomby is happy with him.

When Gomby came here, He basically told Bruce that "strikers in my system don't score a lot of goals".

I can't remember the direct comment but I think it was an article or interview with Bruce relaying what Gomby had told him.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am

Predicted reply-

This is futbol, we are working working working, I am so happy.

:) gotta love the way he talks
I am satisfied with Bruce. He work very hard and is good person. He is a very important player.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:11 am

And finally Leopold Method have weighed in :)
http://leopoldmethod.com.au/the-spruce-bruce/
The point that was made by both the panel and the player on Shoot Out was an important one. Djite’s contribution, and that of any striker, cannot just be quantified by goals. That he is a centre forward does not automatically mean that his only role is to put the ball past the keeper. There is no doubt Adelaide share the goals around more than any other side – they are the only club with five players to have scored at least five goals this season – and Djite is one member of a well-drilled team.

While Djite’s role is certainly about more than finishing, there is still room for improvement output in that area. He may be scoring at the same rate per minute as last season, but this season he has taken one more shot per game and converted only 11% of his shots into goals (as opposed to 18% last season).
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:26 pm

^^^
Well there you go...

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:50 pm

still missing the point people! his role may not be to score like janko, but he has chances to score and misses very gettable goals! and when in attack he fails to make the necessary run to get on the end of a cross. he is way too one dimensional.... get ball.....turn onto left foot.....smash hard and hope.....watch ball hit second tier of stand.
if anyone would like to tell me I'm wrong then go for it but I know what I see and I hear the growing frustration from fans at every game.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:58 pm

still missing the point people! his role may not be to score like janko, but he has chances to score and misses very gettable goals! and when in attack he fails to make the necessary run to get on the end of a cross. he is way too one dimensional.... get ball.....turn onto left foot.....smash hard and hope.....watch ball hit second tier of stand.
if anyone would like to tell me I'm wrong then go for it but I know what I see and I hear the growing frustration from fans at every game.
I dont think anyone will disgree that he needs to Be a better finisher. Although that gies for every player in our attacking third
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
red wombat
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby red wombat Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:35 pm

There's no doubt that Bruce has a role outside of scoring goals and he does it very well. However, scoring is also part of his role and he's dried up there. He used to score regularly but for whatever reason, he isn't at the moment. Frankly, Bruce needs to improve his scoring or he's letting us down (and he ain't on his lonesome there).

We've all seen players play on for too long. I don't think that's the case here, and I think he can regain his scoring mojo. I think his problems are mental and those can be turned around by a good coach. Sadly, it's not a matter of flipping a switch so it may no happen immediately (though it'd be nice if it did).

I want Bruce to finish his career with us and to retire well loved and still effective. I think he can do it and maybe he'll start this week.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:30 am

If Bruce had Jeggo's speed he'd have scored 15.
If Jeggo had Bruce's shot he'd have scored 10.
Bruce is slow and does his job.
Jeggo is quick and does his. Both have one large weakness in their arsenal.
But can you think of players we could afford who'd do a better job? Obviously the recruiting team at AU can't.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”