WS Wanderers v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

red wombat
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Re: WS Wanderers v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby red wombat Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:02 pm

A bit hard on Boogaard. What was he supposed to do - let Bridge through on goal. The fault lies with the bad defending from midfield which created this situation. Boogaard has saved this team's ass time and again, to call him a liability is just a joke.
Can't agree. It was his defending error that put him in that position in the first place and Eugene was on the job anyway. By taking the player out, he put his team a man down and gave them a goal.
Bobbe164

Postby Bobbe164 Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:08 pm

In no way was it Boogaards defensive error. As I said he was put in a no win situation due to bad defending by the midfield
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:26 pm

so, the hard question..... jeggo and isais are now one yellow from a suspension. rest them or risk them?
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:30 pm

so, the hard question..... jeggo and isais are now one yellow from a suspension. rest them or risk them?
Rest anyone that's a risk of missing the finals. The game is completely meaningless.
Scott
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Osama Malik

Postby Scott Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:40 pm

Rest everyone, rest Galekovic, Elrich, Malik, Isaias, Jeggo, Pablo Sanchez, Djite, Cirio, Goodwin.
Play McGowan, Marrone, Watson, Kamau, Warland, Izzo, Kostandopoulos, Smith, Palanca etc.

Give Carrusca and Mabil some game time if they are fit to get them ready for finals.

Some of the youngsters are on senior contracts, they should be pushing for game time, lets give them a chance to shine.
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:42 pm

and to top it off, should we manage not to choke in the elimination final we will have to travel to Melbourne to play a team that we can not beat and always get reffed out the game in finals against.
GrandPappyOfFunk

Postby GrandPappyOfFunk Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:14 pm

Rest anyone that's a risk of missing the finals. The game is completely meaningless.
Personally I think that this game is far from meaningless. Table position aside, if we doing win this final match or at least improve markedly we will be entering the finals with approximately -38 momentum.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:27 pm

Personally I think that this game is far from meaningless. Table position aside, if we doing win this final match or at least improve markedly we will be entering the finals with approximately -38 momentum.
Fair point. Take the completely part out :) Still anyone who:
1. Is at risk of a yellow card extension
2. Injured and could benefit from a week off to rehabilitate

should be rested
red wombat

Postby red wombat Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:48 pm

Rest everyone, rest Galekovic, Elrich, Malik, Isaias, Jeggo, Pablo Sanchez, Djite, Cirio, Goodwin.
Play McGowan, Marrone, Watson, Kamau, Warland, Izzo, Kostandopoulos, Smith, Palanca etc.

Give Carrusca and Mabil some game time if they are fit to get them ready for finals.

Some of the youngsters are on senior contracts, they should be pushing for game time, lets give them a chance to shine.

Oooo, I like this man's thinking :) I'm mindful of GrandPappyOfFunk's reasoning too, but it would be nice to let the youngster's rip.

Cor, who'd be a coach. Maybe this is why they pay him so much.
Scott
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Osama Malik

Postby Scott Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:32 pm

Result aside, this match, was a huge improvement on the last three. Yes we did beat Newcastle and Sydney but that was 6 totally undeserved points. We came good to a certain extent at 3-0 against Brisbane and start off well. There was patience in the build up, slick passing at times, the long balls were well chosen and well placed to a wingers advantage. This is how we need to play come finals, not how we played the previous three games.
Yes it all fell apart in the second half when Boogaard was sent off but there was more good signs in this game than bad.
Lots of passing at the back and being patience in build up, waiting for the opening will be good in finals. There is no draw, other teams will have to beat us so we can take our time. If we keep our heads, keep the passing good, even if it is among the defenders and wait for the right time to push forward then we will do well. When we push forward slick passing and quick movement will be what gets goals, but there is no need to rush it if the opening is not there.
The openings will come and the goals will come and the wins will come.
The players are there, the skills are there, the style is there, all that is needed is a bit better execution and it can be done, it will be done, a grand final win is there for the taking. COME ON REDS, LETS DO THIS, WE WILL DO THIS.
red wombat

Postby red wombat Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:52 pm

Interesting take on it Scott. I'm not sure I completely agree with you but I do agree that we have the team, the coach and the skills to take the Premiership.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:03 am

After calming down from that, I think our first half was not bad at all. It was our 'usual' style, a reflection of our early season form.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:23 am

What is going on at the club?

Style has changed, players are losing their heads.

Is there something else going on behind closed doors?

What has happened to us?
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:32 pm

Random thoughts:

Lock Bruce in a room with a reel of Olivier Giroud's season on repeat. May be my Arsenal bias, but I reckon his development over the past 3 years is a great model to use.

Jeggo. Help me here. I don't wanna be a hater but I still don't see what he actually does. Buzzes around...and? Too Caravella-esque.

Can't help thinking Jon McKain's mentality would be handy in this squad right about now.
ZANZIBAR

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:32 pm

where is Jmac now? can we get him to replace boogs?

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”