WS Wanderers v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Shane
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: WS Wanderers v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Shane Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:27 pm

Game over. So we lost.

At least we are heading into the finals and we are not in the position of Perth Glory.

Keep your heads up and support a team that has played relatively well this season.

We still have a chance to win some silverware.

Support the lads. They need you. :)
Shano. Red to the core.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:29 pm

Well. That sucked. Cirio at least on fire but can we please leave Bruce on the bench next week. Try palanca (that's how bad Bruce is) as striker before the finals.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:30 pm

Game over. So we lost.

At least we are heading into the finals and we are not in the position of Perth Glory.

Keep your heads up and support a team that has played relatively well this season.

We still have a chance to win some silverware.

Support the lads. They need you. :)
They need a kick up the arse
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:32 pm

I think players poor mentality this season has been a huge dis service to gombau.

Anytime we gain momentum and hit top gear we find new ways to lose, new ways to not put the ball in the net.

I think Gombau has done his job, we have the talent and the style to conquer this league. However the players performance when its really needed has been woeful.

This club really knows how to break hearts lol. But hey its not like we support perth
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:27 pm

I think players poor mentality this season has been a huge dis service to gombau.
It's either mentality or a lot of players are playing with knocks and other minor injuries that we don't know about.

Isaias in my opinion has been poor since his suspension. Boogard hasn't done much since announcing he's leaving. Bruce has been off his best. Chelo has been on the treatment table too much.

That's basically our all our key players down the spine.
red wombat
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby red wombat Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:36 pm

My first post here and it has to be a negative one dammit (and yes, I am the red wombat from 442 - got sick of the children on that forum).

I'm afraid I blame Gombau for this result, and many of the other poor efforts this season. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Gombau fan and love what he's done with AU. However, every time we score, we go defensive. We back right off and just defend a one goal lead. Time and again, this has let the opposition back into the game and it happened tonight and once you hand the initiative to the opposition, it's darned hard to get it back. This has happened so often and is so different to our play up to that time, it has to be an instruction from the coach ... or at least he should be doing something about it. We gave them this game.

Similarly, the lousy discipline in this team. There is no way we are a dirty team yet we lead just about every yellow and red card competition you can name (probably I exaggerate but...). That too is a coaching issue.

Flippin' heck Josep, you are such a good coach, fix the problems or sink.

And why did we go out so slowly tonight (and other nights)? We can outplay MV at their best yet choose not to. Pardon me screaming at my tele.

Boogard. The man was a liability pre-Josep. Josep saw something in him and turned him into a useful defender. Then Boogard decides to jump ship ... and we see stupidity like we did tonight. He was famous for his brain farts. We thought they'd disappeared. Now they're back. I'd rather we played McGowan in the finals, despite him not being as good (yet) and no, I don't currently feel inclined to give Boogard a nice send off (I might feel differently later, I am a tad peeved at the moment).

Palanca or, as he's known in this household, Plonker, is a disaster in a match. Apparently he does well in training and he's certainly shown us he has good vision, a good brain and marvelous skills (look at the scissor kick tonight), but in a game, he's **insert favourite word denoting bloody useless**.

At least Eugene recovered from last weeks disaster - I'd still support a statue of him outside Hindmarsh.

We have such a good team. We have such a good coach. Yet, like shinAUFC said above, we keep breaking hearts. I'd get drunk but I don't have enough plonk or enough money, I'll have to eat too many choc chip biscuits instead.
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:45 pm

Haha great post
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:47 pm

Our slow start is mostly due to wsw being happy to sit back stay tight and compact, this will always happen until the team on the pitch and the manager can move the defenders out of position enough to make a meaningful attack on goal

Remember wsw have beaten far stronger asian clubs who play good football in the same manner. They won Acl last year by making the most of their very limited chances, where as unless we are walking the ball in we tend to find a way to screw it up.

It looks like we will have 2 visa positions available next year, we need to choose wisely and hopefully find some 3rd party investment to help us find an absolute animal in front of goals.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:49 pm

The selection in the last couple of months has reminded me of playing Football Manager and shuffling around players into bizarre positions and shapes just so that everybody is coloured green on the tactics editor
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:50 pm

Welcome to the forum red wombat!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
red wombat
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby red wombat Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:52 pm

Welcome to the forum red wombat!

B)
Ta mate. Should have done it a long time ago. Be nice to talk about the team without idiots whiteanting everything you say.
Bobbe164

Postby Bobbe164 Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:53 pm

A bit hard on Boogaard. What was he supposed to do - let Bridge through on goal. The fault lies with the bad defending from midfield which created this situation. Boogaard has saved this team's ass time and again, to call him a liability is just a joke.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:00 pm

A bit hard on Boogaard. What was he supposed to do - let Bridge through on goal. The fault lies with the bad defending from midfield which created this situation. Boogaard has saved this team's ass time and again, to call him a liability is just a joke.
:bow: :bow: :bow: great call
Bruuuuuuuuce
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Bruuuuuuuuce Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:01 pm

My first post here and it has to be a negative one dammit (and yes, I am the red wombat from 442 - got sick of the children on that forum).

I'm afraid I blame Gombau for this result, and many of the other poor efforts this season. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Gombau fan and love what he's done with AU. However, every time we score, we go defensive. We back right off and just defend a one goal lead. Time and again, this has let the opposition back into the game and it happened tonight and once you hand the initiative to the opposition, it's darned hard to get it back. This has happened so often and is so different to our play up to that time, it has to be an instruction from the coach ... or at least he should be doing something about it. We gave them this game.

Similarly, the lousy discipline in this team. There is no way we are a dirty team yet we lead just about every yellow and red card competition you can name (probably I exaggerate but...). That too is a coaching issue.

Flippin' heck Josep, you are such a good coach, fix the problems or sink.

And why did we go out so slowly tonight (and other nights)? We can outplay MV at their best yet choose not to. Pardon me screaming at my tele.

Boogard. The man was a liability pre-Josep. Josep saw something in him and turned him into a useful defender. Then Boogard decides to jump ship ... and we see stupidity like we did tonight. He was famous for his brain farts. We thought they'd disappeared. Now they're back. I'd rather we played McGowan in the finals, despite him not being as good (yet) and no, I don't currently feel inclined to give Boogard a nice send off (I might feel differently later, I am a tad peeved at the moment).

Palanca or, as he's known in this household, Plonker, is a disaster in a match. Apparently he does well in training and he's certainly shown us he has good vision, a good brain and marvelous skills (look at the scissor kick tonight), but in a game, he's **insert favourite word denoting bloody useless**.

At least Eugene recovered from last weeks disaster - I'd still support a statue of him outside Hindmarsh.

We have such a good team. We have such a good coach. Yet, like shinAUFC said above, we keep breaking hearts. I'd get drunk but I don't have enough plonk or enough money, I'll have to eat too many choc chip biscuits instead.
Been saying this for a long time. Such a shame, because we're capable of big things but will we ever achieve them? Who knows.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:02 pm

A bit hard on Boogaard. What was he supposed to do - let Bridge through on goal.
I would say yes. At least we'd still have 11 on the park.

The real problem is where we turned it over but he didn't have to lunge in.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”