FFA move to 4+1 rule

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

FFA move to 4+1 rule

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:11 am

“FFA has determined to move to a 4 plus 1 structure for the 2018/19 season but will prudently review the implementation to consider all relevant factors and impacts at the end of the 17/18 season,’’ said Gallop.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... 5c7b18d8c3

Wonderful news if it happens. I hope the FFA do make to decision by the end of the 17/18 season so clubs have a decent amount of time to prepare for the rule change.
I'm not sure if this will bring a huge amount of Asian players in but it will more likely mean more spots for locals.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Re: FFA move to 4+1 rule

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:44 am

This is interesting that it comes to light at the same time as china scraping the +1 rule in the csl.

There will be less asian players moving over to the csl as they are now directly cometing with europe and south america. So its likely they will not be recieving rediculous wages.

I also wonder if the ffa will loosen salary cap restrictions ?

Aleague club will still not be able to afford the best players in japan korea and the middle east but they can probably pick up some quality and build better ties in asia.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:43 pm

This is interesting that it comes to light at the same time as china scraping the +1 rule in the csl.

There will be less asian players moving over to the csl as they are now directly cometing with europe and south america. So its likely they will not be recieving rediculous wages.

I also wonder if the ffa will loosen salary cap restrictions ?

Aleague club will still not be able to afford the best players in japan korea and the middle east but they can probably pick up some quality and build better ties in asia.
I'm personally not sold on the line that the HAL can't afford Asian players (not that I'm saying you believe that Shin) I think HAL club's knowledge of Asian players is probably not as good as it could be which isn't a criticism as I don't expect scouts to have eyes everywhere.
As AU showed the HAL, recruit someone with an in depth knowledge of a country or region and they will open up a market of talent from there that as we've seen with Spanish players coming here more often than not works out well for the club that signs them. Kenny Lowe has done the same with his connections in Serbia.
I don't expect AU to recruit a Thai coach and there be the same level of players as Isaias or Corona joining the HAL but I do think if they make an effort to look into different markets HAL club could bring in Asian players cheaper than it currently appears. Maybe the club could source the input of Aurelio Vidmar when/if he returns from coaching Bangkok Glass in the future?
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:12 am

Interesting move.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:45 am

Adelaide United chairman Greg Griffin has slammed Football Federation Australia (FFA) over its intention to make Asian players a compulsory feature of the A-League's foreign contingent.
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/ ... port-quota

I'm not sure what Griff is really upset about? I doubt AU was going to sign an Asian player and it really means the club will sign another 19 year old on a one year minimum wage deal.
Time to Djbate!
View From The Top
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Griffin is an embarrassment. Whenever he makes a public comment he displays his ignorance.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:59 pm

Why does griffin always have to be the one to run to the media. Pignata just said more dialogue is needed and left it at that as the biggest club in the countries ceo.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:08 am

Why does griffin always have to be the one to run to the media. Pignata just said more dialogue is needed and left it at that as the biggest club in the countries ceo.
He's the head of the Professional Clubs Association so I guess if anyone is going to speak on issues facing all HAL clubs its going to be him.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:38 am

Yeah because every other ceo is smart enough not to do the job and cling to the spotlight

Return to “A-Leagues”