HAL season 2016/17 - Other matches

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: HAL season 2016/17 - Other matches

Postby Stuckey Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:57 am

Bes gets his 100th goal and the mariners go down 1-0.

A draw won't be enough to finish above CCM, we would have the same points and goal difference but they've scored way more goals than us.

Berisha currently sits on top of the golden boot tally with 19. Maclaren (18) and Fallnrolli (17) still to play this round.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
It would be nice to see Maclaren win the golden boot. Its crazy that goals is probably the Socceroos biggest issue and he hasn't been part of the last few squads.
Remember that 2 seasons ago he couldnt get a game at Perth. Maybe he's got an attitude problem?

That was due to Lowe seeing him as a super sub. He was scoring fairly often for Perth.
The curse of being a good young aussie stuck behind an expensive import in the same position I guess. Especially when you're paying Keogh over and under the table.

Perfect example of a visa player standing in the way of local youth development.
It really makes me wonder how many other Maclaren's has the HAL missed because the coach had/or choose to play their high paid visa striker instead.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: HAL season 2016/17 - Other matches

Postby bpowell454 Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:20 pm

A draw won't be enough to finish above CCM, we would have the same points and goal difference but they've scored way more goals than us.

Berisha currently sits on top of the golden boot tally with 19. Maclaren (18) and Fallnrolli (17) still to play this round.

It would be nice to see Maclaren win the golden boot. Its crazy that goals is probably the Socceroos biggest issue and he hasn't been part of the last few squads.
Remember that 2 seasons ago he couldnt get a game at Perth. Maybe he's got an attitude problem?

That was due to Lowe seeing him as a super sub. He was scoring fairly often for Perth.
The curse of being a good young aussie stuck behind an expensive import in the same position I guess. Especially when you're paying Keogh over and under the table.

Perfect example of a visa player standing in the way of local youth development.
It really makes me wonder how many other Maclaren's has the HAL missed because the coach had/or choose to play their high paid visa striker instead.
I guess we need to blame the squad limit and salary cap too though. Obviously developing a player and earning a transfer fee is appealing but you can still only spend as much as the other clubs.

Stuckey

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: HAL season 2016/17 - Other matches

Postby Stuckey Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:53 pm

I guess we need to blame the squad limit and salary cap too though. Obviously developing a player and earning a transfer fee is appealing but you can still only spend as much as the other clubs.

Yeah there are a large amount of rules that really stand in the way of player development.
The salary cap structure and squad size is certainly a key hindrance. The shortness of the season and lack of periods in the season where sides are considered busy at all play a huge role as well.
The amount of games provided to young fringe HAL players is worse now than is was during the NSL days. The FFA has to wake up and ensure all HAL sides are offering their youth 40+ games a season, at the moment a player like George Mells will be lucky to hit 20 appearances this season.
I feel the mentality towards Australian player compared to visa players plays a role as well. I find HAL fans are more than willing to bag out a young player still developing at HAL level for an ineffectual performance. So many fans expect 18-22 year old players to never make mistakes and be dominant in games yet these players are still learning so much at HAL level. While fans often hold a selective memory towards (many) visa players. Everyone froffs over Colazo's resume but I have seen little to say he's been any more value to City than Kamau has this season.
Similar when it comes to the analysis of games. Diawara (who has been very good) but I rarely hear what commentators think Diawara is actually doing well, they just say he's good, which is always followed by a quick run thru of his resume. What he's doing well is what Bruce did well for so long for AU. But early last season all the commentators could talk about with Bruce was his lack of goals.
We wonder why the game is going backwards when we're forever being offered the idiot's guide to football at times.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Re: HAL season 2016/17 - Other matches

Postby shinAUFC Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Liam reddy needs to stay in the league for the same reason Maldonado mAde f1 a spectacle
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:39 am

Liam reddy needs to stay in the league for the same reason Maldonado mAde f1 a spectacle
Haha good on him. The game wasn't in doubt and Perth weren't going to leap frog anyone. So why not?
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454

Re: RE: Re: HAL season 2016/17 - Other matches

Postby bpowell454 Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:18 pm

Haha good on him. The game wasn't in doubt and Perth weren't going to leap frog anyone. So why not?
You tell your friends that the quality of the league is getting better and then Liam Reddy does something like this lol

ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:32 am

Hopeful for a double derby next week. Would be huge crowds surely.
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Doesn't really fit here but how bad was that penalty call tonight in the Sydney FC vs Arsenal game. Add that to Shaun Evan's long list of bad decisions from the past season and you wonder how low the bar really is for referees in the HAL...

Return to “A-Leagues”