Melbourne City

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Melbourne City

Postby Stuckey Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:37 pm

I think the less we all dwell on this the better!
FFA did everything they could to get him here.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby EdDog Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:47 pm

If City had signed someone good then I'd be concerned but I think the HAL will be a rude awakening for Cahill.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:01 pm

If City had signed someone good then I'd be concerned but I think the HAL will be a rude awakening for Cahill.
It will be interesting to see how he goes. When was the last time a player known for the heading was a success in the HAL?
The quality of crossing just isn't there.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:22 pm

It will be interesting to see how he goes. When was the last time a player known for the heading was a success in the HAL?
I cant remember anytime cahill has done anything for the socceroos with his feet since 2006.

I know he scored that goal at the wc, but that was a one touch wonder. Im talking about showing skill on the and setting up team mates or sending a defender the wrong way.

I like cahill but he is no football marquee. Sure he is marketable ..for now but that wont last if he doesnt perform.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:24 pm

I cant remember anytime cahill has done anything for the socceroos with his feet since 2006.

I know he scored that goal at the wc, but that was a one touch wonder. Im talking about showing skill on the and setting up team mates or sending a defender the wrong way.

I like cahill but he is no football marquee. Sure he is marketable ..for now but that wont last if he doesnt perform.
I agree with you but I had to post this!

Youtube link option doesn't appear to be working?
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:47 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpYw7BWSozo

Ah i forgot about that goal lol. But the point still stands that cahill apart from 1 touch wonders has Little value.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpYw7BWSozo

Ah i forgot about that goal lol. But the point still stands that cahill apart from 1 touch wonders has Little value.
True.

Don't think the media circus will benefit them at all.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:12 pm

Cahill has a freakish ability to score goals with great skills or a huge leap to head the ball but he is pretty ordinary at absolutely everything else except self promotion. City are going to have to carry him in a lot of ways and supply him. The trouble is they have to also supply Fornaroli who probably will score more goals for them unless they try to play him on the wing or as an attacking midfielder which would be stupid.
I am Scott
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:48 am

You would expect them to have to play a 4-4-2 and they've played a 4-3-3 under Van't Schip for ages.

Not sure where Kamau will play.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:15 pm

What a touching photo! :D
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:27 pm

What a circus!

"Van schip confirms cahill could make ffa cup debut"

I feel like calling my boss and confirm to him i might come in today. Anything for a headline right
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:16 am

I would love to know what people think of the Tim Cahill signing. has it been worth while, successful or a failure?
9 league goals and a FFA Cup final winning goal. record membership, surely a success but for the reported amount he is being paid?
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:52 am

I would love to know what people think of the Tim Cahill signing. has it been worth while, successful or a failure?
9 league goals and a FFA Cup final winning goal. record membership, surely a success but for the reported amount he is being paid?
I think in general he's been a success for the game. I think generally he's offered the HAL an extra dimension of promotion that they probably didn't have before. Although I think him being on the FFA payroll has left a sour taste in the mouths of other HAL fans.
So I think Timmy has probably brought the game 5 steps forward, while it took 3.5 steps backwards to achieve that. Which does make me question the value of the venture.
Time to Djbate!
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:23 pm

Jeez I hate Melbourne $hitty. Even when back in the Heart days they were whining, diving poseurs. Now they are mega rich whining, diving poseurs buying success and pinching everybody elses players.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Melbourne City

Postby bpowell454 Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:17 pm

Jeez I hate Melbourne $hitty. Even when back in the Heart days they were whining, diving poseurs. Now they are mega rich whining, diving poseurs buying success and pinching everybody elses players.
Exactly this.

In fact, they are my most hated team now, then WSW (Because of the RBB and their grub players) and then Melbourne victory.

2 or 3 years ago it was victory by a mile, but city's whinging and diving, fornarolli swearing after the ffa cup final, the cahill rule, the marketing campaign that ultimately led to city and cahill, more and more of our staff and players heading there, the way the commentators jizz every time they go near the ball and the way their fans have turned into pretentious twats even though with all the money and concessions they have had, they have one trophy (MV robbed by ref in the semi final).

In my opinion Cahill has been a success off the pitch, but at the expense of the integrity of the league.

Return to “A-Leagues”