Salary Cap

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

the 2nd james
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Salary Cap

Postby the 2nd james Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:01 pm

the ntc guys train really hard, but it's such a small amount of people and it's not possible to predict talent outcomes at that young age, so failure rate is high. Also a case of who you know rather than what you know, plus once you're in coaches are loathed to change it too much as it reflects on them. npl players don't put in enough hours. unless the player is near autistic and practising individually by themselves no one coming through the NPL is much good. npl also clubs not necessarily about player development understandably they have their own pride and want to win so there is a conflict of interest. hence my suggestion that we set up a league that can have a more development edge at least have somewhere juniors can go that has the correct structure to develop them with the right amount of hours if they want to, not leave it up to someone else to decide whether they are good enough at 12yrs of age.

FFA rips a registration fee off the juniors in all the federations and then keeps 40% of a-league revenue. the only extraordinary cost for a-league clubs is two clubs have predatory monopolistic stadium deals all the rest who have losses is optional spending. Even with the aus rep junior teams which should be scrapped no one can justify so much wastage it's just a bloated administration.
the 2nd james

Postby the 2nd james Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:08 pm

http://www.adelaideunited.com.au/articl ... e43gox8gxg

this sums it up, rather than having a competition with the players getting the right amount of training and are of the right age to have a-league potential, where we can sit back and monitor them for years, we have one off trials which have a huge hit and miss rate and the player hasn't had the structure to develop.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:46 am

the ntc guys train really hard, but it's such a small amount of people and it's not possible to predict talent outcomes at that young age, so failure rate is high. Also a case of who you know rather than what you know, plus once you're in coaches are loathed to change it too much as it reflects on them. npl players don't put in enough hours. unless the player is near autistic and practising individually by themselves no one coming through the NPL is much good. npl also clubs not necessarily about player development understandably they have their own pride and want to win so there is a conflict of interest. hence my suggestion that we set up a league that can have a more development edge at least have somewhere juniors can go that has the correct structure to develop them with the right amount of hours if they want to, not leave it up to someone else to decide whether they are good enough at 12yrs of age.

FFA rips a registration fee off the juniors in all the federations and then keeps 40% of a-league revenue. the only extraordinary cost for a-league clubs is two clubs have predatory monopolistic stadium deals all the rest who have losses is optional spending. Even with the aus rep junior teams which should be scrapped no one can justify so much wastage it's just a bloated administration.
Those rep sides will never be scrapped.
IMO the key is providing quality coaching for the kids coming thru. Making it more affordable to get accredited or more importantly trained effectively.
Time to Djbate!
the 2nd james

Postby the 2nd james Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:45 am

i know but they should be as they're a waste. you know from playing that coaches make such a big difference to the vibe of a team but structurally there is something wrong if no one is coming through because not all the coaches are bad. at a minimum as i already said i would have a system that allows talent to come through rather than trying to select it at a young age and give it preferential training as is now the case.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:04 am

i know but they should be as they're a waste. you know from playing that coaches make such a big difference to the vibe of a team but structurally there is something wrong if no one is coming through because not all the coaches are bad. at a minimum as i already said i would have a system that allows talent to come through rather than trying to select it at a young age and give it preferential training as is now the case.
True. Having football at the AIS doesn't make a great deal of sense to me. Unlike other sports its not the top level where the cream of the crop is allowed these fantastic facilities. Its 25 or so talented 16 year olds. I think pulling them away from their families and offering training which I doubt would be significantly better than what a well funding state facility can offer is wasteful.
It would be great IMO if states were allocated this funding along with state funding and clubs could bid for the funding. The best suited club wins the contract to field the state NTC sides. Every few years the contract is reviewed and if a more suitable club appears they win the contract.
Much like in England where test cricket grounds must prove they deserve a test cricket match every summer.

But as I said none of this is likely and FFA would never willingly scrap the youth NT squads.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “A-Leagues”