Central Coast Mariners

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Central Coast Mariners

Postby Stuckey Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:36 am

The chances of Central Coast Mariners unveiling another playing strip as awful as this season's won't likely happen again. But if they do, fans will only have themselves to blame. The Gosford-based club is taking the first steps towards having the first membership base with direct influence in Australian football after initiating a plan to introduce some voting rights for season-ticket holders.
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/c ... z3nMsnca00
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Sounds great. Once again CCM are leading the way. Its really sad that this club can't get it's head enough above water to make the most of being the innovator that they are in the HAL. Hopefully this can lead to a member ownership model and they can highlight to the rest of the HAL that this is the way forward.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Re: Central Coast Mariners

Postby Stuckey Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:03 pm

On behalf of our Members, players and staff the Central Coast Mariners have today issued a formal complaint to Fox Sports Australia and Football Federation Australia in regards to inappropriate comments against our Club and players following our most recent match against Western Sydney Wanderers.
Read more at http://www.ccmariners.com.au/article/ne ... ZvLApJU.99

What was said?
Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:04 pm

No idea
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Central Coast Mariners

Postby EdDog Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:31 pm

SBS claim it was in relation to Mark Rudan's comments about Montgomery's red card tackle on Mehbratu.

Said something along the lines of "shocking tackle on someone who's come back after 12mo on sidelines injured". And that "of course he knows [the player has just come back from injury]".

Seems like pretty standard sh*t commentary from Fox but nothing spectacular.

Edit: http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/ ... ts-and-ffa
blahblah

Postby blahblah Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:47 pm

A pro- Sydney bias has been pretty much the standard operating procedure from the get-go. Even in our match last week they waxed lyrical about Sydney FC even though there wasn't even a team from NSW on the field.

Where are Dom and Alby when you need them? At least then it was an SA bias :) I love the delicious irony on forums when people from NSW complain about the pro-Wellington commentary in the 'Nix home games :D
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:49 pm

A pro- Sydney bias has been pretty much the standard operating procedure from the get-go. Even in our match last week they waxed lyrical about Sydney FC even though there wasn't even a team from NSW on the field.

Where are Dom and Alby when you need them? At least then it was an SA bias :) I love the delicious irony on forums when people from NSW complain about the pro-Wellington commentary in the 'Nix home games :D
Still waiting for the inquest into enriques dive after the way they go on about our spaniards and jeronimo
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:19 pm

THE Central Coast Mariners have launched a bold bid to become the only club in the A-League to own their own stadium.

Three years after taking control of the club, owner Mike Charlesworth has approached the newly formed Central Coast Council about buying the Mariners’ home ground, Central Coast Stadium in Gosford, or at the very least taking control of its management on a long-term deal.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... f36606dd4a

Now that would be wonderful to see.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:06 pm

The Central Coast Mariners have today unveiled their bold vision for Central Coast Stadium that has been formally presented to the Stadium’s current owners and operators, Central Coast Council in a bid to transform the venue into a world class entertainment hub
. - See more at: http://www.ccmariners.com.au/article/ma ... YbWQF.dpuf

Wonderful to see. I can see the AU hierarchy looking at something similar (at least making a play for management rights).
Time to Djbate!
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:06 pm

can see the AU hierarchy looking at something similar (at least making a play for management rights).
I can't.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
Stuckey

Re: RE: Re: Central Coast Mariners

Postby Stuckey Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:25 pm

can see the AU hierarchy looking at something similar (at least making a play for management rights).
I can't.
I get the feeling a lot of their talk about a new stadium is part of a push to take control of Hindmarsh. I wonder if the public sourness to the club and fans from Coopers is part of those background talks boiling over a tad.
Time to Djbate!
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:28 pm

It would be great if it happened, but I just can't see it happening. The Govt wont just hand it over (we are not the AFL or SACA after all) and there is no way the club could ever afford to buy it outright.

No doubt clubs owning their own grounds would secure their futures, but there is just not the capital available to AUFC to do it, unless a Russian or Chinese billionaire takes over the club, which is very unlikely and not something I would be too comfortable with.
Last edited by View From The Top on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
blahblah

Postby blahblah Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:07 pm

I believe we made a play for Coopers before but were unsuccessful. I don't doubt that we will try again however as View mentioned the stumbling block is political as opposed to economic even though we are only discussing the management rights as opposed to stadium ownership.

The Mariners have a much heavier weighting in Gosford that we can ever manage in Adelaide. Bluetongue in gosford is more akin to Adelaide Oval in Adelaide as opposed to Coopers. Hence the ability to use it as an event centre.

Power to them and I wish them the best of luck.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:08 am

It would be great if it happened, but I just can't see it happening. The Govt wont just hand it over (we are not the AFL or SACA after all) and there is no way the club could ever afford to buy it outright.

No doubt clubs owning their own grounds would secure their futures, but there is just not the capital available to AUFC to do it, unless a Russian or Chinese billionaire takes over the club, which is very unlikely and not something I would be too comfortable with.
As BlahBlah mentioned we're talking about management of the stadium here not ownership. Obviously in this current climate AU would never be able to purchase Hindmarsh.
It would take a serious change in politics or the Government to seriously need some cash. Hopefully if the opportunity ever doe arise the club's venue hire fees could count towards payment.

I expect Griff knows that quite often the squeaky wheel gets the grease and if he and the club make enough noise about it and the board are able to use their government contacts effectively then maybe securing management rights is a possibility. Their friend (and former board member) Francis Wong who is now on the board of the FFSA may be able to come together to work towards something and hopefully enable AU and the FFSA to strike a deal together.
I know that's a very unlikely thing to happen but that would be wonderful to see.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:41 am

Brilliant. I love that the club has ran with it :D
Time to Djbate!

Return to “A-Leagues”