Brisbane Roar

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: Brisbane Roar

Postby blahblah Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:22 pm

Groundhog Day
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Brisbane Roar

Postby EdDog Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:46 am

I'd be disappointed if I were a Roar fan.

Splashing cash for Cahill, helping out the richest club in the league by a country mile. All the while Roar can't pay their players.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:19 am

I'd be disappointed if I were a Roar fan.

Splashing cash for Cahill, helping out the richest club in the league by a country mile. All the while Roar can't pay their players.
I guess the question is CAN'T or WON'T?
FFA stepped in weeks ago and the club said they would pay everyone. Now its turned out they lied pretty much.
I just hope the FFA get sick of these sleazy owners taking the piss and look at member ownership models as a result.
If a decent percentage of the club is owned by a large majority that makes it far harder for these sort of owners to manipulate where the money is going. It also then means that if the FFA does need to step in they only have to gain control of half or less of the club.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:02 am

The things is roar should be one of those clubs that basically run themselves.

Regular crowds between 12-20k in a large city with plenty of rugby stadiums around if costs need to be lowered.

If ccm manage to survive there is no reason for roar to go under for any reason than poor management.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:37 am

Regular crowds between 12-20k in a large city with plenty of rugby stadiums around if costs need to be lowered.

If ccm manage to survive there is no reason for roar to go under for any reason than poor management.
I think it pretty clear Suncorp is killing the club. It's far too big a stadium for the majority of their games.
Apparently its also one of the worst stadium deals in the HAL.
The fact the club moved ACL games to Gold Coast highlights that.
I don't get why all parties (Brisbane, FFA, QLD Government, Ballymore management) don't come together and spend the money to get Ballymore up to scratch.
Surely some investment there would be a win for everyone....except Suncorp of course!
Time to Djbate!
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:01 pm

I think it pretty clear Suncorp is killing the club. It's far too big a stadium for the majority of their games.
I don't get why all parties (Brisbane, FFA, QLD Government, Ballymore management) don't come together and spend the money to get Ballymore up to scratch.
Surely some investment there would be a win for everyone....except Suncorp of course!
Exactly what i came in here to say. I don't have a particular source as it was ages since i last read about it, but Brisbane pay the highest rent. That im sure about.
What i think is right but not sure of, is they need to get like 16k, even possibly a bit higher than that, just to break even on matchday.

I think Ballymore is the right size, but iirc completely away ftom the city centre and public transport is minimal. I think its basically a surburban ground with no pubs and restaurants near by.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:04 pm

Exactly what i came in here to say. I don't have a particular source as it was ages since i last read about it, but Brisbane pay the highest rent. That im sure about.
What i think is right but not sure of, is they need to get like 16k, even possibly a bit higher than that, just to break even on matchday.

I think Ballymore is the right size, but iirc completely away ftom the city centre and public transport is minimal. I think its basically a surburban ground with no pubs and restaurants near by.
I'm no Brisbane expert but there is a train station near by and it's not very far out of town. There appears to be a lot of ovals around that could be used for parking as well.
Obviously it's not perfect, but neither is the situation now.
Time to Djbate!
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:07 pm

I'm no Brisbane expert but there is a train station near by and it's not very far out of town. There appears to be a lot of ovals around that could be used for parking as well.
Obviously it's not perfect, but neither is the situation now.
Yeah exactly, beggars can't be choosers.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:10 pm

I believe Ballymore isn't a lot cheaper than Suncorp, partly as the cost of policing, state levies etc remains the same and apparently is rather hefty. The stadium rental itself is a matter of negotiation which could well occur. Certainly the complaint from Roar supporters that it is difficult to reach is a bit rich.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:54 pm

I believe Ballymore isn't a lot cheaper than Suncorp, partly as the cost of policing, state levies etc remains the same and apparently is rather hefty. The stadium rental itself is a matter of negotiation which could well occur. Certainly the complaint from Roar supporters that it is difficult to reach is a bit rich.
I know little about brisbane, but are there any state rugby league stadiums centrally located that house around 15k people? Even if it were partially grassed surely that woukd be a good option.

I think it highlights how well aufc management has done in a much smaller market. We consistently break even or there abouts ( not including all our recent transfers) and have our own training facilities.
Last edited by shinAUFC on Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
blahblah

Postby blahblah Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:20 pm

I think it highlights how well aufc management has done in a much smaller market. We consistently break even or there abouts ( not including all our recent transfers) and have our own training facilities.
Indeed B)
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:36 am

Following a meeting of stakeholders of the Bakrie Group on the evening of Tuesday, 16 August, a decision was made to remove Daniel Cobb from the position of Managing Director of Brisbane Roar Football Club with immediate effect.
- See more at: http://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/article/ ... cGZH6.dpuf
.GYGcGZH6.dpuf
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:14 pm

Can FFA just take their licence back already!
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:38 am

JA stands down as coach. I think there is a lot to like about him as a coach. His connections in Spain appear very good based on the calibre of players he's brought over but he never seems to be able to get the best out of them.
Brisbane is such a strange club to me. I think they have a huge amount of areas that the club need to address.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:59 pm

Out of the blue to be honest despite the very poor form.
I wonder what happened?
Brisbane Roar are reeling after head coach John Aloisi resigned from the A-League club, effective immediately, just a day out from their next match against Sydney FC.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... roar-coach

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “A-Leagues”