Brisbane Roar

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Brisbane Roar

Postby Stuckey Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:51 pm

Football Queensland today announced that Brisbane Roar Youth will forfeit two upcoming PlayStation® 4 NPL Queensland 2015 matches.

Young Roar’s scheduled away fixtures against Northern Fury and FNQ Heat will now no longer proceed after the Roar cited heavy commitments across their football operations.
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... D=35114035

How to cheapen you club being part of the local league 101.

If AU did this I would be furious.
Time to Djbate!
Futbol_Crazy21
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Re: Brisbane Roar

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:00 pm

How to cheapen you club being part of the local league 101.

If AU did this I would be furious.
Was looking to create an "A-League clubs endangered species list" thread, but this will do :lol:

Seriously though, when it rains it pours aye?

Although the article didn't mention it, I'm guessing its more so their financial situation rather then the Liverpool friendly. I mean, one day its reported they haven't paid the player's monthly wages, the next they pull out of two NPL matches up in North Queensland (which they would have had to pay flights and accommodation for) because they want to keep the whole youth team in Brisbane for the slightest chance they get selected for the friendly? Come on! They picked that excuse because it sounds way better than to say "we're so broke we can't afford to make the trip". The FFA and more annoyingly for them, the PFA are on their back, so they're just trying to minimise the heat that they cop.

Or it could be exactly how the article described it, in which its pretty pathetic. If I read the article correctly, they want to also do an in house practice match with the seniors vs the juniors. The Roar still have most of the squad filled, they could've kept a few back, trialled a couple of potentials, and let the rest fly out. They've known about the friendly for how long? 6+ months? They didn't plan ahead? What a circus.

So this situation is either the result of shitty management or no money, or possibly both. Its quite known that both are true in other situations.

This club needs help, call Vincent Tan, he likes to buy random clubs ahahah
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:24 pm

Yeah I'd put it down to both lousy management and no money. The thing I don't get is how are the players not getting paid when that money should be coming from the TV deal.
Time to Djbate!
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:40 pm

Yeah I'd put it down to both lousy management and no money. The thing I don't get is how are the players not getting paid when that money should be coming from the TV deal.
Assuming that Brisbane is larger money pit than most A-League clubs, if they had other debts, a debtor doesn't care what the money is for, they will ask for it and the club pays.

But from what I've read, Seas Dobson, their previous managing director? did a hit job on their financials, took on a lot of liabilities and might have even pocketed some money for himself before he bailed. The board and owners have only just found out about this.
Dear BRFC staff

As you are aware commitments were made by Mr Bakrie to make payments last week, which to-date haven't arrived. I am chasing and expect I will have clarity on this within 24 hours.

To be completely transparent, since the sudden departure of the Managing Director last month we have uncovered very serious financial liabilities. David Pourre and myself have been working tirelessly over the past 5-6 weeks uncovering more damage and we have a worked on a re-structure plan that will return the club to a healthy position.

The owner is aware and has instructed our lawyers to prepare legal action.
He has also last week provided written commitment that AU$3,500,000 will be injected into Brisbane as part of the recapitalisation of the club. This is not an easy situation as he has already injected AU$3,000,000 into Brisbane this financial year. I know he is committed to do this but I believe timing is the issue.

I have spoken to the FFA to keep them update but at this time there is no other information I can provide which hasn't already been communicated but I do hope to have a response very soon.

I do apologise for the situation, David and myself are doing the best possible under these circumstances which are very difficult.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:32 am

One thing I don't get about football in Queensland is why is the NPL spread over the entire state. The fact clubs from Brisbane must play games in Townsville and Cairns seems ridiculous to me. Surely they could have a North and South conference like NSW does.
Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:29 am

One thing I don't get about football in Queensland is why is the NPL spread over the entire state. The fact clubs from Brisbane must play games in Townsville and Cairns seems ridiculous to me. Surely they could have a North and South conference like NSW does.
I don't believe there is a sufficient number of strong clubs for a conference to be viable.

Still, it's a horrid look.
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:48 am

Brisbane Roar owner The Bakrie Group has announced that its four-season tenure of the three-time A-League champion is over and that a new buyer will take control later this month.
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/ ... firms-sale
Finally some good news for Brisbane.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:03 am

Brisbane Roar has become the latest club to set up it's own facilities with a plan to set up a world-class base out of the City of Logan.
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/bris ... IjbrDBA.99

Looks excellent. Hopefully we'll see all clubs with permanent training bases soon making the HAL an attractive option for more professionals to join. Especially the Aussies abroad in limbo.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:52 am

The Bakrie Group's tumultuous reign over Brisbane Roar is almost over with the A-League club poised to be sold to a consortium led by Melbourne businessman Daniel Cobb.
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/ ... sbane-roar

Very interesting. Nice to see someone come in an move things along, the last thing I'd want to see is the FFA have to take on another licence.
Although this organisation's track record isn't great either if he couldn't deliver on just a sponsorship deal with AU.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:35 am

According to reports, Brisbane Roar are set to form a partnership with Portuguese powerhouse Sporting Lisbon which could see the clubs develop a player exchange program.
- See more at: http://www.a-league.com.au/article/repo ... I30Jq.dpuf

When has any of these "relationships" ever amounted to anything more than a tour of the club's facilities?
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:41 pm

According to reports, Brisbane Roar are set to form a partnership with Portuguese powerhouse Sporting Lisbon which could see the clubs develop a player exchange program.
- See more at: http://www.a-league.com.au/article/repo ... I30Jq.dpuf

When has any of these "relationships" ever amounted to anything more than a tour of the club's facilities?
In other news..... big kid lets little kid sit at his table during lunch and goes back to ignoring him immediately after.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:57 pm

Quite often! ..................and when I find and example I'll get right back to you.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:58 pm

Brissy not paying their players again!
I kinda feel like all this garbage the club has gone thru in the last few seasons is justice for the Berisha "penalty" in the Grand Final v Perth.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:03 pm

Geez Meredith is going right off!
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:20 pm

Brisbane Roar’s players are still waiting to be paid for this month as the troubled club slips back in to crisis mode yet again.
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/ ... s-not-paid

This bloke Cobb seems to be making things worse than better. Sounds like AU dodged a bullet him bailing on the club like he did.
It's pretty crazy the FFA has gone from 3 clubs in Queensland to 1 dysfunctional one.
Although the club is foreign owned. Maybe Queensland need to take some responsibility for their club.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “A-Leagues”