RIP Newcastle Jets.

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: RIP Newcastle Jets.

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:47 pm

@FOXSportsNews: BREAKING: @NewcastleJetsFC to unveil former Fulham assistant Scott Miller as the club's new head coach #ALeague http://t.co/y1CYn17Arf
Confirmed by FFT.
I think this off season has highlighted how little that means these days! :lol:
lol yeah, big difference between confirming a story compared to having uttery no clue and just running with what everyone else is saying haha.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Futbol_Crazy21
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:57 pm

I saw on the twitter sidebar yesterday that Ray Gatt mentioned this. Confirmed by the club now.

Interesting appointment considering he has been a fitness coach for ten years.

One step forward I guess. Now for the FFA and the chairman from Dundee to agree on terms and we should be ok for a little while ahah.
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Newcastle fans forum was tonight. Sounded very promising. It sounds like good times ahead.

Plenty of community engagement to be planned.

6 potential owners/ownership groups currently have indicated their interest. Both international and local, most of whom have said they will be willing to look in part community ownership model if the want and means are there from the supporters.

Supporters very open to the community ownership/trust idea. Some supporters have already talked in the past with UK based Supporters Direct in the feasibility of this happening.

Talks with the Squadron to get them back in numbers will take place.

Jets brand to be gradually distanced from the Knight rugby league one. First step of that will be next season. Kit won't be blue and red stripes.

Kit to be eventually change to the colours that the Jets fans decide upon; emerald, cinnamon and gold seem to be popular, the colours of the city and past kits. 2016/17 will see most of this change.

De Bohun confirmed that the Jets will face MV in round 2 and Brisbane in round 8.

Overall, the fans want this team to be their team, and not not Con's or Tinkler's team, and the FFA and Jets management want to make that happen.

Time to change the thread title. The Newcastle Jets will live on!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:34 am

Im hearing a lot of Newcastle fans saying they want to drop the Jets name and become Newcastle United. The quicker the league can get away from some of the shitter team names, the better.

Roar
Glory
Victory

Take note.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:17 am

They're called the Jets because of a big RAAF base that is near Newcastle, the base serves home to the air combat wing of the air force, home to most of the F/A-18 (Jets). From the forum that was on last night, I don't remember anyone suggesting a name change, if anything, the club said its wanting to strengthen the relationship between the club and the base.

But not every Newcastle fan was there last night, so indeed, some may want a change.

Victory fans don't mind their clubs name, either do Perth fans. Not sure about Brisbane but you'd hope they would want a change.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:53 am

Im hearing a lot of Newcastle fans saying they want to drop the Jets name and become Newcastle United. The quicker the league can get away from some of the shitter team names, the better.

Roar
Glory
Victory

Take note.

I disagree with the victory name being bad. I actually think that is a stroke of marketing genius.
I think Glory fans are used to that. Roar is pathetic.
I didn't realise their was a link with the Jets. Clearly that needs to be better promoted as I think it was just another 21st Century franchise name like Roar.
I understand there is a link with Roar as well. But even something like the Lionesses would have been better.
Time to Djbate!
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:44 pm

Roar
Glory
Victory

Take note.

I disagree with the victory name being bad. I actually think that is a stroke of marketing genius.
I think Glory fans are used to that. Roar is pathetic.
I didn't realise their was a link with the Jets. Clearly that needs to be better promoted as I think it was just another 21st Century franchise name like Roar.
I understand there is a link with Roar as well. But even something like the Lionesses would have been better.
Either did I until I watched the fans forum. To be fair, they were probably looking for any type of link in Newcastle to make "another 21st century franchise name". And I guess the Newcastle United Coal Miners, didn't have as much as nice ring to it as the Jets did, not to mention it sounds like a trade union rather than a club name ahahah.

If they wanted to, they could just drop the "Jets" name officially from the club name and just keep it on as the club nickname, keep it on the badge, on the kits (as they plan to do) and do the F/A-18 flyover. I think most fans, both in Newcastle and abroad, refer to them as the Jets anyway.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:46 pm

Jets logo is three fa18s, thought the link to these raaf was well known. The roar name is because of hollandia being involved the creation of the Queensland roar.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.

Return to “A-Leagues”