Perth Glory

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Re: Perth and the salary cap

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun May 03, 2015 1:31 pm

some bloke in china called chris Edwards claiming other clubs are making offshore bank payments to players? apparently if they can prove it only one or two teams would be left in the top 6?
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun May 03, 2015 1:49 pm

some bloke in china called chris Edwards claiming other clubs are making offshore bank payments to players? apparently if they can prove it only one or two teams would be left in the top 6?
Obviously AU wouldn't have too worry. Griff would never do something so underhanded, plus AU have no money! :P
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun May 03, 2015 2:21 pm

Obviously AU wouldn't have too worry. Griff would never do something so underhanded, plus AU have no money! :P
You have to wonder, when we announced Datong as a sponsor managment spoke about it helping us retain players and the potential for an Asian marquee next season.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if we have manipulated the system. However if we have then its almost a certainty that every club on the east coast are exploiting the system even more.

There are obviously much bigger fish running Aleague clubs with access to more backdoors
http://www.rumafia.com/person.php?id=1876
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sun May 03, 2015 7:41 pm

Yeah there are many things that point to a lot of this. Bruce's real estate company suddenly becoming a sleeve sponsor when he signed is one of them.
Time to Djbate!
red wombat
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby red wombat Sun May 03, 2015 7:53 pm

Yeah there are many things that point to a lot of this. Bruce's real estate company suddenly becoming a sleeve sponsor when he signed is one of them.
Oi, you're picking on AU. You've been spending to much time of FN and picking up bad habits :shock:

Sadly, cheating is the downside to the salary cap. I'm adamant that we need one to ensure that all club squads are reasonably funded but it has to be sensible and sustainable. You can not tell me that WSW have been legal this year with all the players they've gone through and where rich men/clubs find themselves restricted, they'll find an underhanded way to get around the restrictions. On the other hand, do we really want the A-league to become four Melbourne and Sydney teams with the rest of us just there to give them someone different to play against?
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sun May 03, 2015 8:05 pm

Oi, you're picking on AU. You've been spending to much time of FN and picking up bad habits :shock:

Sadly, cheating is the downside to the salary cap. I'm adamant that we need one to ensure that all club squads are reasonably funded but it has to be sensible and sustainable. You can not tell me that WSW have been legal this year with all the players they've gone through and where rich men/clubs find themselves restricted, they'll find an underhanded way to get around the restrictions. On the other hand, do we really want the A-league to become four Melbourne and Sydney teams with the rest of us just there to give them someone different to play against?
Haha sorry. Its just certainly something that raised my eyebrows when I noticed it.
I'm sure other clubs have similar things as well.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sun May 03, 2015 11:01 pm

I don't understand why all clubs don't get thoroughly audited every off season (as they've just done with Perth). The off season is long enough that's for sure. It's a good way for the FFA to find loopholes that are being exploited and change the rules to suit.

Which is great if you have an impartial governing body... doh
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon May 04, 2015 8:47 am

I don't understand why all clubs don't get thoroughly audited every off season (as they've just done with Perth). The off season is long enough that's for sure. It's a good way for the FFA to find loopholes that are being exploited and change the rules to suit.

I don't think the FFA want to audit SFC and Victory.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon May 04, 2015 1:17 pm

I don't think the FFA want to audit SFC and Victory.
Its probably a bit of a lance armstrong / floyd landis type thing.

Eliminate one guy, make it all seem legit....protect the money makers
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon May 04, 2015 2:45 pm

It really highlights the house of cards we're living in.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon May 04, 2015 7:38 pm

Is there a link to the article / claims from "chris Edwards".
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon May 04, 2015 9:10 pm

Sorry i don't have twitter which is where his claims were made. I read it on another football forum
Stuckey

Re: Perth Glory

Postby Stuckey Sun May 08, 2016 10:02 pm

So crazy signings coming in for Perth. Williams, Herd and Taggart. How are they going to fit them? I tip my cap to Perth bringing these lads in the HAL.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sun May 08, 2016 10:28 pm

So crazy signings coming in for Perth. Williams, Herd and Taggart. How are they going to fit them? I tip my cap to Perth bringing these lads in the HAL.
Thats not the only cap thats tipping ;)

Only kidding but I have also heard that Tony Sage visited Castro in Spain last week to discuss whether he'll be playing next season in the HAL, apparently his kids and wife only speak spanish and have struggled down under.

Kenny Lowe is apparently heading to the UK/Europe to scout 6-9 players, one of which he's rumored to be meeting with is socceroos GK Brad Jones whose Loan deal is almost up.

All according to SBS.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sun May 08, 2016 10:37 pm

Thats not the only cap thats tipping ;)

Only kidding but I have also heard that Tony Sage visited Castro in Spain last week to discuss whether he'll be playing next season in the HAL, apparently his kids and wife only speak spanish and have struggled down under.

Kenny Lowe is apparently heading to the UK/Europe to scout 6-9 players, one of which he's rumored to be meeting with is socceroos GK Brad Jones whose Loan deal is almost up.

All according to SBS.
Why can't City lure players of this quality to the HAL over nicking the young talent under their noses?
Time to Djbate!

Return to “A-Leagues”