MV selling shares to fans

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

MV selling shares to fans

Postby Stuckey Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:29 pm

A slice of Melbourne Victory is for sale with doors open to everyday fans to buy a stake in the club, for as little as $500.

The 35 per cent share-offering has been valued at just over $10m, which would price the A-League’s biggest club at $30m.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/fa ... 36dc42a7a6

Great news! I hope more HAL clubs look to do this as well. As we've seen from the Bundesliga fan ownership models are IMO a great ingredient for long term success.
I hope AUFC can take a leaf out of MV's books and look at this. We hear so often that the owners aren't happy to keep shovelling money into the club, I'm sure there are many members willing to throw some cash into the club to help it, I know I would be!

Also WOW! MVFC valued at $30m that's amazing! I'm sure I read somewhere that MV are in the top 20 richest sporting clubs in Australia. As much as I dislike them, they are doing great things.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Re: MV selling shares to fans

Postby shinAUFC Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Im assuming it will be something similar to what what the club have tried to achieve with AUMC (apart from AUMC technically being a different entity )

I very much doubt they will go down the route of becoming a listed company and offer shareholders fully franked dividends.

To me this just says " no one wants to invest in us since city came to town "
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:02 pm

Im assuming it will be something similar to what what the club have tried to achieve with AUMC (apart from AUMC technically being a different entity )

I very much doubt they will go down the route of becoming a listed company and offer shareholders fully franked dividends.

To me this just says " no one wants to invest in us since city came to town "
Yeah I'm not sure but I think it would be better to offer ownership-memberships. In AUFC's case I would far rather fans purchase the shares and not just people hoping to make some money out of the shares.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:34 pm

Time to Djbate!

Return to “A-Leagues”