HAL Expansion

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Re: HAL Expansion

Postby mcjules Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:52 pm

I think we're doing the right thing in supporting NZ football by giving them a spot in the A-League. However, that NZ team has to be financially supported by NZ, not by us. We should be giving them support, not charity.
We make extra money on the TV rights in Australia due to the extra content that is provided by having a viable NZ side in the competition. It is not charity, we need them.
Absolutely, I wasn't suggesting they didn't deserve a portion of the revenue generated in Australia through TV rights and sponsorship but if they fell into a "Newcastle Jets situation", the FFA can't come in and run the club with general funds like they have with us and others.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:30 am

This is something I've wanted to see for some time.
I don't understand why councils, governments, associations and/or organisations don't get involved with sporting clubs like this.
It advertises their area/business and councils/associations can put things in place to make the club focus on developing the area they come from.
If the council owns the stadia then surely they'd want it used as often as possible to creating clubs to play at their facilities would surely be good.

Its like the AEC I've always wondered why they don't try and purchase a seat on the AU board in an effort to swing control of where games are held thru the club. Either that or a sponsorship deal. The latter is probably more likely.
Time to Djbate!
View From The Top
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:25 am

Because governments at all levels really shouldn't be getting too closely involved with what are in effect private business ventures. Conflict of interest etc etc.

Maybe you could make a case for assisting community owned clubs though.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:19 am

Because governments at all levels really shouldn't be getting too closely involved with what are in effect private business ventures. Conflict of interest etc etc.

Maybe you could make a case for assisting community owned clubs though.
Yeah that's true. Laying the foundation for a community owned club would be great though.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:14 am

Sutherland Shire Football Association bosses are convinced about the potential for the group to join forces with two other major associations and form a massive A-League club that could be ready in time to play in next season's competition, if required.
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/ ... super-club

Sounds very manufactured by the FFA but I like the idea of football associations being involved. Hopefully this will mean there will be a real push for locals to be played.

Remondis Stadium looks like a perfect ground for HAL football as well. IMO a decent stadium makes all the difference to a new franchise.
Time to Djbate!
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:15 am

Im not that familiar with Sydney but I still imagine Wollongong/South Coast can make their own viable team.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:07 pm

Id like to see an ex nsl club promoted.

I know it will not happen but it would add some extra spice to things, plus you know they already have the rusted on diehards who will turn up
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:19 pm

Im not that familiar with Sydney but I still imagine Wollongong/South Coast can make their own viable team.
My gut feel is that this is the preferred option for the FFA, especially given that the Gold Coast remains a touchy subject despite the on-field success of the Palm Beach Sharks.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:58 pm

I know it will not happen but it would add some extra spice to things, plus you know they already have the rusted on diehards who will turn up
Peeth glory and us. Theres a reason we are the only clubs to move from nsl to a league
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:03 pm

Peeth glory and us. Theres a reason we are the only clubs to move from nsl to a league
Perf and AU were how it was proven the HAL could exist.
Time to Djbate!
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:03 am

Except for Newcastle and Northern Spirit (Mariners - sought of), oh, and the Kingz 8)
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:24 am

Theres also reasons these clubs have survived while having the rug pulled from underneath them.

Some are more viable then current aleague clubs and have rusted on support in their community
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:24 pm

The nsl was dead in the water. Going nowhere and attracting no new fans, corporate sponsorship etc. Thos clubs refused to change for the good of the sport and they are where they now belong. Would they be viable at national level? Would those rusted on supporters be enough? Because i doubt they would have anyone new join them
Geogeo
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carussca
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: We hate you because your victorian.

Postby Geogeo Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:00 am

The nsl was dead in the water. Going nowhere and attracting no new fans, corporate sponsorship etc. Thos clubs refused to change for the good of the sport and they are where they now belong. Would they be viable at national level? Would those rusted on supporters be enough? Because i doubt they would have anyone new join them
The rust will only last until the end of their generation... once those "rusted supporters" who would most likely sit in the 40-65 yo bracket cant attend games anymore. There is no future for them.

Look at the amount of kids at the AU games... thats where its at. I started supporting united at 17, I've got 2 kids now, and in 4 years time they'll be coming to games too.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:10 pm

Queensland state league outfit Palm Beach Sharks is set to change its name to Gold Coast City in an attempt to join an expanded National Youth League and, perhaps one day, the A-League.
Read more at http://www.ninemsn.com.au/article/90501 ... To5yBuC.99

Sounds like a great idea.
I wonder if other NPL clubs are looking at a NYL side?
Considering the reduction in the size of the comp I think it could be a much more attractive option for clubs.
I see this being especially attractive for the NSW clubs considering if they joined the NYL it's current state wouldn't have to leave NSW at all.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “A-Leagues”