Active supporter measures taken by FFA

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Active supporter measures taken by FFA

Postby sevengoals Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:44 pm

its ironic in europe they pack people in like sardines behind the goals to the point that you have to push to get a half decent view.

Standing on icy steps just waiting for the domino's to fall. but authorities are less militant in that regard over there.
Sorry Shin, where in Europe is this?
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:47 pm

And the "trouble makers" are not a product of football, they're a product of the society.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:32 am

its ironic in europe they pack people in like sardines behind the goals to the point that you have to push to get a half decent view.

Standing on icy steps just waiting for the domino's to fall. but authorities are less militant in that regard over there.
Problem is crowd trouble isn't singled out and blown way out of proportion like it is here.

I'm certain after attending all three major sporting codes in SA (Cricket, AFL & HAL) that crowd trouble is no different accross them all. In fact, I am more fearful standing on the hill during the 4th quarter when the Crows are getting pumped than walking home after a Victory game.

The difference is that the Australian media only write about the A-League crowd trouble. So even though it is not a huge issue, the perceived issue is much greater, hence the FFA taking measures to correct this.
Absolutely but rightly or wrongly our sport cops it if the is a hint of crowd trouble. Everyone who attends match regularly must be aware of this. So I think all fans need to take responsibility for what goes on in the crowd. If you see someone doing the wrong thing then the authorities need to be made aware of it. I'm talking about flares or violence not someone having one beer two many.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:09 pm

The newly implemented A-League active support policies have caused a stir amongst fans. But, as Stephen Ganavas explains, it could help in ensuring football’s growing popularity in Australia.
http://www.fromthestandsal.com/2014/10/ ... -football/

Not sure if this article covers how all MV fans feel, but it appears to be a great step in the right direction. Involving all stakeholders and it seems ground has been conceded by all to reach an 'agreement'.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:44 pm

Sorry Shin, where in Europe is this?
Italy
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ChillyPhilly
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:40 pm

The newly implemented A-League active support policies have caused a stir amongst fans. But, as Stephen Ganavas explains, it could help in ensuring football’s growing popularity in Australia.
http://www.fromthestandsal.com/2014/10/ ... -football/

Not sure if this article covers how all MV fans feel, but it appears to be a great step in the right direction. Involving all stakeholders and it seems ground has been conceded by all to reach an 'agreement'.
In a few weeks I will have finished my uni thesis, which is about public participation. I'll be able to put it to use right away with AFSA too.

In MV's case it was definitely a multi-stakeholder exercise (all participatory processes should involve every stakeholder or affected person). The stakeholders were the fans, the club, the league, the stadium, sponsors and I would argue the playing group. You could even factor away fans and visiting clubs into this. I dare say that in this case only a few of those would have been involved. Nonetheless they would have deliberated over an outcome, and the club should be applauded NOT for 'caving in', but recognising that the fans' knowledge of support and related issues was and is far greater than theirs.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.

Return to “A-Leagues”