NQF to open CoE

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

NQF to open CoE

Postby Stuckey Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:35 am

Northern Fury Football Club and Kirwan State High School in Townsville have joined forces to establish the first Football Centre of Excellence in North Queensland.

The new Centre will deliver the national football curriculum developed by FFA and be open to all students at the school.
http://www.northernfury.com.au/News/foo ... ool-144624

Great news. This club is seemingly going about things perfectly. Instead of going out and blowing the bank like they did the first time they started out. They are engaging the community and developing players.

I really hope to see the NQF in the HAL sometime soon.

This is exactly what I'd love to see AU start doing.
Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: NQF to open CoE

Postby blahblah Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:36 am

We really, really need the Fury back in. Whilst Gold Coast's exit was desirable in many ways (90%of which led back to Clive), the same cannot be said for the Fury.

After the sale of Wanderers and the establishment of the FFA Cup the FFA should have time and resources to look towards expansion of the A-League. Fury should be in though after that it will come down to the quality of the bids (assuming 2 come in). One would suggest Canberra however there will be others that hopefully have compelling bids.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: NQF to open CoE

Postby Stuckey Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:16 pm

We really, really need the Fury back in. Whilst Gold Coast's exit was desirable in many ways (90%of which led back to Clive), the same cannot be said for the Fury.

After the sale of Wanderers and the establishment of the FFA Cup the FFA should have time and resources to look towards expansion of the A-League. Fury should be in though after that it will come down to the quality of the bids (assuming 2 come in). One would suggest Canberra however there will be others that hopefully have compelling bids.
IMO I would rather see the FFA focus more on the FFA Cup and NPL. If they can get those right there may be no need to expand the HAL. Allow clubs like NQF to grow more organically and build up the old established clubs like South Melb, Marconi, Syd Utd and the like in the hope that once they get used to interstate travel with the NPL and FFA Cup hopefully the NPL can be expanded from as it currently stands which to me resembles something like the Club World Cup to something closer to a Champions League that is played more regularly. Maybe playing it more as a half carnival half league that is played is each club's state.(I will expand on that point if people are interested) If that can get going then surely a 2nd Div of sorts could be looked at. Maybe with just promotion for the first few seasons to get the HAL finally expanded up to 14 or so clubs then relagation can be brought in. This process I am talking about here would be over a 10 year period so nothing too rushed.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “A-Leagues”