Rudan to SFC?

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Rudan to SFC?

Postby Agostinho Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:21 am

Mark Rudan puts his hand up for Sydney FC coaching job

One of Sydney FC's biggest names, Mark Rudan, wants to become the club's next coach if Frank Farina is sacked.

Farina's position appears almost untenable after a fan revolt, player discontent and a string of unflattering performances, all despite having the most expensive squad ever assembled in Australian football.

The only question seems whether chairman Scott Barlow will pull the trigger this week or at season's end. The board are eager to promote stability and may not wish to prematurely terminate Farina's contract, especially this close to the finals.

It seems highly unlikely Sydney will make the top four, which would trigger a clause in Farina's contract for a new deal. While Farina's backers have been pleading for patience on social media, his exit seems inevitable.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/mark ... 32fon.html

I must admit this caught me by surprise! I hadn't even considered him as a possible manager.

I couldn't give a fuck about Sydney FC, but I really like Rudan - he's a class act. He obviously loves that club and I'd like to see him have a go at coaching.
#WeAreUnited
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Rudan to SFC?

Postby Stuckey Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:08 am

He has runs on the board winning the NPL last season also. They could do worse. He is a SFC man also.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:58 pm

Id rather Rudan go to a smaller club so expectations are not high.

SFC has a very long history of ruining reputations be it players or managers. Just imagine Emerton, ADP, Lavicka etc performing for Aleague clubs with a functioning properly top to bottom not looking for the next quick fix or the next reason to implode.

I really hope ADP takes over as manager and retires as a player. Not for SFC's sake but for the added interest it will bring to the Aleague.

It really is sad when you look at the ins and out the club has had since ADP joined... what a wasted opportunity! ADP should be scoring the winning goal in finals games not dragging a sorry club out of the mud
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:57 pm

SFC has a very long history of ruining reputations be it players or managers.
Agreed. Newcastle would be a better fit.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:27 pm

SFC has a very long history of ruining reputations be it players or managers. Just imagine Emerton, ADP, Lavicka etc performing for Aleague clubs with a functioning properly top to bottom not looking for the next quick fix or the next reason to implode.

I really hope ADP takes over as manager and retires as a player. Not for SFC's sake but for the added interest it will bring to the Aleague.

It really is sad when you look at the ins and out the club has had since ADP joined... what a wasted opportunity! ADP should be scoring the winning goal in finals games not dragging a sorry club out of the mud
I agree. Maybe ADP would be the best person for the job? I doubt many would be allowed time to rebuild the club I imagine ADP probably would.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “A-Leagues”