Interview with Marcos Flores

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

double07
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Interview with Marcos Flores

Postby double07 Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:43 am

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/286910,m ... -best.aspx
"But when things in China didn't work out, the simple fact is that Adelaide United didn't offer me a contract to come back, even though I wanted to.

"That is a fact."
When Marcos and his Chinese club decided to mutually terminate his contract, he had no doubts as to where he wanted to return to - a place he considered like a second home, Adelaide.

"So I waited for Adelaide until they told me it wasn't going to happen, and then Melbourne Victory came up," says Marcos, "and it was a fantastic opportunity for me.

"I couldn't say no."
So who do we believe here? Club releases statement saying they offered Flores biggest ever contract, he says he never got anything from the club?
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Interview with Marcos Flores

Postby shinAUFC Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:14 am

Fairly sure he was not offered an official contract because he was asking more money then the club was willing, dont forget we had serg and dario .

I feel it is very likely he was pushed to leave though, the fact that we signed vidosic as marque 2 days later is a good indication.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
redmum
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Anything not involving pedophiles ;)

Postby redmum Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:39 pm

I hate getting involved in this Flores debate, as I usually end up being abused by the Judas crowd (am hoping it won't happen here!), which is why I won't post on THAT other forum on the matter...
His defection to MV was possibly more to try and diss those in the hierarchy of AU than the fans, if people bothered to ask him for the full story, they would get that...

I have spoken to many who were once players, who once worked behind the scenes at AU, and some who still work for AU in one way or another, and they all say the same.....Flores was offered a minimal amount to return to AU, something he was always going to refuse, because certain hierarchy did not want him there. There was one offer, and one offer only, and it certainly wasn't the hundreds of thousands AU claim to have offered.

I've even had this confirmed by someone at AU as recently as last week.

AU have done wrong by many 'employees' in the past couple of years, most have not told the whole story, a couple have but have been shut down and accused of dissing the club. I can only hope this doesn't happen to the next loyal 'employee' they do this to...
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:09 pm

Sounds like there are many lies from both sides. Flores swears there was no offer but redmum has just pointed out the club did make one.

Past is past, doesn't change anything. Would much rather Carrusca, Ferriera & Jeronimo who we were able to sign with the money Flores wanted.
Last edited by EdDog on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:14 pm

Apart from whining to Val after the preseason match about the treatment he gets here which showed that things get to him to easily, I have nothing against Marcos Flores the person and think he's generally likable.

I have no doubt there are 2 sides to the story on him coming back to Aus but choosing to go to MV (regardless of whether he really had a choice or not) means that he'll always be Judas to me. He needs to understand it's not personal to most fans, it's football and the team is more important than any one player :)
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:51 pm

He's a lovely person, but he is still Judas :)
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:35 pm

His defection to MV was possibly more to try and diss those in the hierarchy of AU than the fans
Getting back at the club is one thing, but there is no way on God's green that he wouldn't have realised that this would hurt the fans way more than anyone at the club.

Anybody but Victory would have been forgivable.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:12 pm

Going to MV to "get back at the club" is a d*ck move. Totally unprofessional if that was the case (or part of it).
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:09 pm

He's a lovely person, but he is still Judas :)
This!

I truly think some of our "wonderful" fan base can be considered damaged goods from Marcos breaking their heart. That is not a reflection on Marcos more so a reflection on these sad individuals who take football just a tad bit seriously.

IMO its become a bit embarrassing as a fan the way some are STILL butt hurt over the situation
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:15 pm

"Wurst" as they say here.
To be honest it hurt us more when Dodd was given the boot.

I reckon this thread belongs in the A-league section and not here in the Adelaide United section.

Any seconds?
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:22 pm

Redmum is correct. From what I remember AU made a verbal offer for Flores, likely around 320,000 a season, and the highest offer ever made by the club for a single player.

Flores expressed a concern about his manager in that great article. He goes on to claim that he was never offered anything. This is identical to what happened with Dodd: a greedy manager wanting his cut didn't pass the offer on.

He's definitely a top guy off the pitch, I have spent personal time with him on two occasions, but once he signed for MV, there was never any return. You can't unbetray someone.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:46 am

Don't care about that maggot anymore, please delete topic :D
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:15 pm

2nd move to A-League, he isn't AUFC.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Shane

Postby Shane Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:35 pm

2nd move to A-League, he isn't AUFC.
Topic Moved. :D
Shano. Red to the core.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:12 pm

I truly think some of our "wonderful" fan base can be considered damaged goods from Marcos breaking their heart. That is not a reflection on Marcos more so a reflection on these sad individuals who take football just a tad bit seriously.

IMO its become a bit embarrassing as a fan the way some are STILL butt hurt over the situation
The above attitude in a nutshell is why football will never be the No.1 sport in this country.

Return to “A-Leagues”