Thursday fc on sbs

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Thursday fc on sbs

Postby shinAUFC Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:18 pm

Who watched it? Thoughts?

Imo great first episode, light hearted funny and fun!

First live aussie sports show to actually represent modern australia and not bogan australia. Many different accents, and cultural references made , if the next few seasons are a success i think new comers to the game will have their minds opened to a more modern australia.

Absolutely loving the media coverage and it all seems to be refreshingly modern and not bogan cringeworthy .

If channel 7 had the aleague right this show would suck because it would be hosted by sandy roberts and warrick cappa lol
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Thursday fc on sbs

Postby sevengoals Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:16 pm

I'm afraid I'm "geo-blocked" but I like the impression of "modern Australia" being represented.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:16 pm

Modern Australia?
The 'multiculturalism' was mostly just Giannopoulos & Colosimo rehashing old monobrow jokes...
That said it wasn't as cringeworthy as I was expecting. A bit too disjointed, trying to cram too much in (and not much actual football talk) and I don't think Zdrilic and Okine are that personable as hosts. Lucy Zelic good though. Should improve as they settle into it.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Modern Australia?
The 'multiculturalism' was mostly just Giannopoulos & Colosimo rehashing old monobrow jokes...
That said it wasn't as cringeworthy as I was expecting. A bit too disjointed, trying to cram too much in (and not much actual football talk) and I don't think Zdrilic and Okine are that personable as hosts. Lucy Zelic good though. Should improve as they settle into it.
I meant more so every guest/ panel member had a different ethnic background and slightly different accent, the main host is not your typical blokey anchor man who gives a bunch of aussie sporting cliches.

To me it just had a very different feel to other codes variety thursday night football shows which reflected more then just meat pies and meatheads.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:51 pm

Lucy Zelic good though.
Good to hear. I always found her a bit irritating on Eamon Flannegan's old podcast. Generally knew her stuff but used to get so many details wrong it was annoying.

And she used to rag all over Adelaide, but she lived in Canberra FFS!
#WeAreUnited
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:38 pm

Thought it was good value tonight. House band was sh*thouse though lol.

Everyone seemed to rate Adelaide.

"Gombau wow"

Haha.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:16 pm

I have to remember to record Santo Sam and Ed of foxtel this week.

I loved them for the WC i hope they have plenty more jokes left for the rest of the season
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:52 pm

thought it was great, obviously room for improvement but to have an A-League show on FTA is fantastic and just shows how far the league has come from season one.
Once they have a few more episodes under their belts they will work better together and figure out what parts work.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:24 am

finally caught santo sam and ed

best show ever!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:26 pm

^ yeah quality. Love the football shows on these days.

It's so easy as there's so much to talk about each week: A-League, EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Champions League. The list goes on.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:43 pm

ok so who saw zullo and ferriera on Thursday FC.....Ferriera had me laughing with his model pose. Great to see the personalities in the team.

Return to “A-Leagues”