HAL youth marquee

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

HAL youth marquee

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:12 am

So was reading the A-league wiki page and I realised we apparently still have a youth marquee system in place. As far as I know Terry Antonis was the only play I think the league ever had as one. But now that he has left for Parma the league has none.

Surely this is an area of improvement for the league. Clubs have this perfect avenue to sign their youth talent for longer periods if the lure of overseas money becomes too strong.

Or is $150,000 an laughable amount compared to what Antonis or Rogic have been offered to leave. Anyone know what these guys were offered?

I really hope as it seems that the FFA are focusing on keeping youth in the country (15 players of the U20 WC squad were from the HAL) that many of the kids who have begun to look the goods in that squad are offered this option if they are being lured abroad.
Time to Djbate!
Interloper
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: HAL youth marquee

Postby Interloper Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:53 am

Sarkies was the Adelaide Youth marquee in his second year. Although, I believe Burns would have been according to the token contract he signed to avoid him leaving for another A-league club if he hadn't been sold.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: HAL youth marquee

Postby Stuckey Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:26 pm

Sarkies was the Adelaide Youth marquee in his second year. Although, I believe Burns would have been according to the token contract he signed to avoid him leaving for another A-league club if he hadn't been sold.
:o no wonder clubs are hesitant to do it!
Time to Djbate!

Return to “A-Leagues”