Kevin Sheedy, the AFL old VS Craig Foster &immigrants

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Interloper
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Kevin Sheedy, the AFL old VS Craig Foster &immigrants

Postby Interloper Thu May 30, 2013 2:32 am

At least Sheedy's comments made sense in the context of the rest of his press conference. McGuire's were just stupid. Stupid enough to make Luke Darcy look like the smart one, shameful.

With the incident on Friday, thankfully Adam Goodes was able to defuse the media frenzy without backing down.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu May 30, 2013 8:07 am

Thing is though - if someone gets offended by it (Goodes in this instance) then it's not right. He shouldn't just have to accept it if he is honestly hurt by it.

Then you have the overly sensitive media/public sensationalising it.

But I think Eddie is worthy of the greif he's copping in this instance because Goodes made it known that he was upset by it.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri May 31, 2013 2:30 am

Sometimes i feel due to political correctness it is impossible to treat everyone the same. Which is almost rascism in itself
Totally agree.
Time to Djbate!
Interloper

Postby Interloper Fri May 31, 2013 7:37 pm

Thing is though - if someone gets offended by it (Goodes in this instance) then it's not right. He shouldn't just have to accept it if he is honestly hurt by it.

Then you have the overly sensitive media/public sensationalising it.

But I think Eddie is worthy of the greif he's copping in this instance because Goodes made it known that he was upset by it.
Goodes did the right thing (or at least not the wrong thing on game day). My only point is that it was only him that stopped the media pile-up on the young girl getting way out of hand.

Obviously racism and other bigotry should be dealt with harshly in sport. Even if only to stop potential dangerous situations before they start.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Fri May 31, 2013 8:29 pm

Can a young boy or girl really be rascist ?

In the same way that Richard Dawkins denies a young boy or girl christian/jew/muslim can ever be considered anything but a mirror of their parental units.

I havnt really followed the story but have her parents been interviewed? Apparently parents dont parent these days
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:57 pm

Sure they can, at least at 13 the can. Doesn't seem to be the case this time though.

There was an article quoting her mother decrying the media circus on the Monday after. After that point Eddie became the story again.

Return to “A-Leagues”