South Melbourne make $7 million offer for Melbourne Heart

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Re: South Melbourne make $7 million offer for Melbourne Hear

Postby ZANZIBAR Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:12 pm

SMFC are an Australian club based in Melbourne with Australians as members/supporters and it would be a shame if they were excluded from the A-League because of their cultural/ethnic background.
who has excluded them????? they have been given TWO A-League teams to choose from in their city
if they choose not to support them they have excluded themselves, and why? because it doesnt have a greek heritage? maybe maybe not, but it was their choice
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:47 am

who has excluded them????? they have been given TWO A-League teams to choose from in their city
if they choose not to support them they have excluded themselves, and why? because it doesnt have a greek heritage? maybe maybe not, but it was their choice
Sevengoals is talking about the club, not the supporters.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:13 pm

Its a real pity this stink that has been kicked up with the Victoria NPL is delaying their entry to it. Getting these clubs back on the national stage will be a great advert to everyone that football has IMO moved on and grown up. I see no reason why the likes of Marconi, South Melb and Adl City can't play HAL clubs going forward. IMO crowd trouble will be the only thing hurting it.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:22 pm

how many A-league clubs could put up 7million to expand on on the business they already have?

i would say none!

seems silly to me that some of the wealthiest clubs in the country who own their own stadiums and clubrooms cannot even get a look in to the Aussie top flight.

The more money invested in the league the better, just police the matches with zero tolerance to racial comments ( as always ) and market the old NSL clubs appropriately to a new audience.

No need to be scared of the effniks!! we are all only a few generations from coming here on a boat...... all of us!
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:07 pm

what would the takeover mean?
is it still melb heart or will the club change to south melbourne?
for me i would like to see these big non a league clubs play in the FFA cup. see how that goes for a few years.
i dont think anyone is scared of "effniks" as a lot of us may be considered anyway, just dont want the image of the league reverting to NSL style division of fans.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:13 am

what would the takeover mean?
is it still melb heart or will the club change to south melbourne?
for me i would like to see these big non a league clubs play in the FFA cup. see how that goes for a few years.
i dont think anyone is scared of "effniks" as a lot of us may be considered anyway, just dont want the image of the league reverting to NSL style division of fans.
I agree. Get the NPL right then hopefully the FFA cup can follow. Then look at whether a group of these old clubs can make up a small summer comp we can see group into a B-league.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “A-Leagues”