Harry to Perth?

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Harry to Perth?

Postby Stuckey Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:07 pm

A chance meeting inside a Melbourne Cup marquee has opened the possibility of Harry Kewell joining Perth on a short-term deal.

Glory owner Tony Sage bumped into the club-less Kewell at Flemington on Tuesday and floated the idea of a guest stint in the A-League.

Kewell has been without a club since parting company with Melbourne Victory last season, a move back to the UK failing to land him a new contract.

The 34-year-old wants to play again but, with Glory's books full, Sage said his club would need financial assistant from FFA if a deal was to be struck
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/new ... turn/52241

Would be great to see him back in the HAL. Although his form was a little inconsistant last year his quality shone thru still.
Time to Djbate!
lufcmike
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Harry to Perth?

Postby lufcmike Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Looks like they found the miracle cure for the mother in law. So being in the most remote capital city in the world is now not a problem for Team Kewell.
I liked the line in the story in the Age "that he's not in it for the money" :D
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:48 pm

if he does sign, i do think it'll be for the joy of playing and not for money with this one. surely he'll be on a low(ish) wage.

i still think of Harry as a positive servant to Australian football and i'd love to see him at Perth. i think he could find some good form playing with their squad too.

now that he's left MV, i no longer look at him thru a negative light all of a sudden :p
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:49 pm

So Glory get him for a guest stint and FFA bend the rules and pay his wages?

Why bother even having rules anymore? It's crazy how easy the FFA allow "exceptions"
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:07 am

So Glory get him for a guest stint and FFA bend the rules and pay his wages?

Why bother even having rules anymore? It's crazy how easy the FFA allow "exceptions"
They were already talking about this sort of stuff before Harry came along.
if he does sign, i do think it'll be for the joy of playing and not for money with this one. surely he'll be on a low(ish) wage.

i still think of Harry as a positive servant to Australian football and i'd love to see him at Perth. i think he could find some good form playing with their squad too.

now that he's left MV, i no longer look at him thru a negative light all of a sudden :p
Agree as a footballer I'm still a massive fan. IMO the socceroos aren't even close to making up for him. A fully fit Harry would still stroll into my Socceroos start 11.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:36 pm

Harry Kewell is "not interested" in an A-League contract at the moment and will not be meeting with Perth Glory during his visit to the west, he said on Thursday.

Kewell was stopped by reporters on his arrival to Perth airport, amid rumours that he was there to discuss a move, either permanent or for a guest stint, to the Glory.

But the Socceroos great poured cold water on the speculation, saying he was simply in Perth "for a golf tournament".

"I don't know why everyone's speculating (about a meeting with Perth Glory), I'm here to play a golf tournament," Kewell said.

A-League Preview

Mel's Tips

Fox Sports' Mel McLaughlin previews the coming round of the Hyundai A-League.

Mel's Preview

"The reason why I've left Australia is for family reasons. If my family reasons were all sorted I'd be still playing for (Melbourne) Victory.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a- ... z2BcWRedGy
Time to Djbate!

Return to “A-Leagues”