GRELLA signs for Heart

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

GRELLA signs for Heart

Postby Old Gregg Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:23 pm

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/112 ... art-switch
Sure, his best days are probably behind him, and sure it's a worrying signing from the point of view of attacking players' shinbones throughout the league, but it's hard to argue that a guy with so much Serie A and Premier League experience won't strengthen the A-League... Any other year this would have been massive news.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: GRELLA signs for Heart

Postby Stuckey Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:08 pm

It will very interesting to see how he plays. He's good enough to tear the league a new A-hole but is he past that now? I hope we don't see him come here to play like he did V NZ before the WC. I think he wanted to break legs that day.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:04 pm

It will very interesting to see how he plays. He's good enough to tear the league a new A-hole but is he past that now? I hope we don't see him come here to play like he did V NZ before the WC. I think he wanted to break legs that day.
I think we are past the stage when we can expect returning socceroos to come back and destroy the league, if anything the league seems to humble them.

Hopefully he is successful though and will make the derbies a little interesting
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
lufcmike
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby lufcmike Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:55 pm

Good luck to him, despite him being a bit old and his best days are behind him and the League is'nt the lets ease into retirement rest home on a big pay packet that many thought it might be for long in tooth overseas returning socceroos. (See team Kewell).

As long as he does'nt just become another hack like Muscat, Moore or Tiato. Lets face Emerton has hardly set the League on fire.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:26 pm

Interesting.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “A-Leagues”