Joint A-League Strategic Committee

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Joint A-League Strategic Committee

Postby Stuckey Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Football Federation Australia (FFA) and the Hyundai A-League clubs, meeting in Sydney today, have agreed to a new governance structure for policy and strategic matters affecting the national competition.

The Joint A-League Strategic Committee (JALSC) will be chaired by the FFA Deputy Chairman Brian Schwartz.
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/new ... lubs/46589

I will be quite surprised if much comes from this at all. I really hope its a step forward for clubs and real issues are tackled but sadly I have little faith in the FFA and I see this as little more then a token gesture and a waste of time.
Time to Djbate!
terry tibbs
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Joint A-League Strategic Committee

Postby terry tibbs Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:25 am

Great. More beaurocratic acronyms. Hooray, football is saved.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:31 am

Great. More beaurocratic acronyms. Hooray, football is saved.
Yeah everytime Bucks says things like Strategic and Framework models I feel like banging my head on the wall!
If I ever have trouble sleeping I get a tape recording of Bucks talking! I'm out like a light!
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:54 am

AS the FFA closes in on securing a TV deal, CEO Ben Buckley proclaimed a united A-League front.

But Professional Footballers Australia chief executive Brendan Schwab used Twitter to post that the players' union wasn't invited to the peace-making table.

"@thepfa leads Aust football business debate for a decade but still not invited to the strategic table. @FFA departs from FIFA & UEFA model," tweeted Schwab.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/soc ... 6313916966

So once again it appears the FFA are backing themselves on the back before they get around to actually doing anything.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:11 am

Buckley out!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Football Federation Australia (FFA) and the A-League clubs have appointed the six members of the Joint A-League Strategic Committee (JALSC).

The JALSC will be chaired by the FFA Deputy Chairman Brian Schwartz, with fellow FFA directors Joseph Healy and Phill Wolanksi also appointed.

The A-League clubs have appointed Adelaide United chairman Greg Griffin, Perth Glory chairman Tony Sage and Melbourne Heart chairman Peter Sidwell.
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/110 ... bers-named

You'd think there would be someone from Sydney involved. Oh wait I'm sure the FFA guys are there for West Syd
The scope of matters to be considered by the JALSC will include:

:: Competition structure and policy including match schedule, season window and number of rounds
::Revenue growth maximisation strategies and policies and strengthening the capital base of the game
:: Benchmarking analysis and financial regulation policy
:: Player contract regulations
:: Collective Bargaining Agreement framework
:: Disciplinary regulations & Grievance procedures
:: Community engagement strategies
This is all great but the league is 7 years old. You'd think they would have considered all this stuff ages ago. Oh well better late then never!
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:53 am

Ok so the next meeting of these is on Tuesday. I hope we hear some good news!
Time to Djbate!
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:38 am

This committee could kill the HAL because the people the FFA need to keep onside the most are involved and if this proves to be nothing more than a sop then they will spit chips.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:03 pm

This committee could kill the HAL because the people the FFA need to keep onside the most are involved and if this proves to be nothing more than a sop then they will spit chips.
Thats what I'm worried about too! I can see 12 months from now after achieving nothing someone like Sage getting the shits and leaving. Followed by the standard cover our own arse line from the FFA.
Time to Djbate!
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:22 pm

I've got absolutely no confidence in any sub-committee set up by FFA to achieve anything constructive at all.

But hypothetically, were Sage and Tinkler to put their weight behind Clive's FA, how much would it take for FIFA to de-sanction FFA as it is and allow FA to join and administer a domestic league?

FIFA seem happy to flip and flop when it suits. Is this in the realms of possibility?
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:44 pm

I've got absolutely no confidence in any sub-committee set up by FFA to achieve anything constructive at all.

But hypothetically, were Sage and Tinkler to put their weight behind Clive's FA, how much would it take for FIFA to de-sanction FFA as it is and allow FA to join and administer a domestic league?

FIFA seem happy to flip and flop when it suits. Is this in the realms of possibility?
I agree when I comes to a small country like us I don't think they would care as long as they tow the FIFA line and aren't completely ignoring human rights! Although maybe FIFA might not like the way Clive goes about things. If he is like this with the FFA whats to say he won't do the exact same thing to FIFA if this don't go his way there as well?
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue May 01, 2012 9:15 pm

A man who had threatened to sue Football Federation Australia (FFA) for $20 million has been credited with helping save the A-League on a dramatic day in which the Newcastle Jets' future was assured.

Clive Palmer was among those thanked by another FFA critic - Perth Glory owner Tony Sage - on Tuesday after emerging from the first Joint A-League Strategic Committee (JALSC) meeting convinced of a bright future for the league.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a- ... 6344056416

So everyone has been laying the boot into Clive but the guy has indirectly saved every HAL club $3m per season with hopefully more to come. Congrats Clive on rocking the boat and finally getting the FFA to pull their head out of their own ass!
Now I feel this committee is worthwhile. I was satisfied till I heard from a club owner.
Time to Djbate!
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue May 01, 2012 10:25 pm

This committee is definitely a step in the right direction. I don't buy the line that we can thank Palmer for saving football though, if he was the right man to be involved with the game he wouldn't have destroyed his own club (and tried to destroy the governing body) and would still be around as one of the owners working towards the future.

Greater club input into running the league is something everyone's wanted for a long time.. now just need greater supporter input into running their clubs...

But Buckley needs to be replaced ASAP, his public image is sitting somewhere in the spectrum between Julia Gillard and Adolf Hitler. Football can't rely on Uncle Frank's business & political acumen forever..
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed May 02, 2012 12:57 am

This committee is definitely a step in the right direction. I don't buy the line that we can thank Palmer for saving football though, if he was the right man to be involved with the game he wouldn't have destroyed his own club (and tried to destroy the governing body) and would still be around as one of the owners working towards the future.

Greater club input into running the league is something everyone's wanted for a long time.. now just need greater supporter input into running their clubs...

But Buckley needs to be replaced ASAP, his public image is sitting somewhere in the spectrum between Julia Gillard and Adolf Hitler. Football can't rely on Uncle Frank's business & political acumen forever..
Thats the thing. I think Clive needed to be almost a sacraficial lamb to wake the FFA up to the fact that the owners are stick to death of their ignorance. In fact it almost took two (three if you count NQF) clubs to die before the FFA started listening.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “A-Leagues”