State move is the right one

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

State move is the right one

Postby Stuckey Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:33 am

The soon to be confirmed decision by Football Federation Australia to expand the National Youth League into state league competitions has the potential to unite the country's football identity whilst having a dramatic impact on the development pathway.
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/blogs.aspx?CIaBID=159

Interesting read he makes some good points. But I feel in this push for development the local clubs are getting forgotten. These people are the life blood of the A-league as the fans, and if we start pinning HAL clubs against them I can definately see a tall poppy syndrome start to form. Also the clubs themselves can't be too happy to have their best and brightest young stars taken away and then played against them.

I really think the FFA has to be very very careful how this is implimented. Something they don't have a great track record on.

Hopefully it does work i found this point interesting
Northern NSW Football plan to allow the Newcastle Jets youth team full access to their premier competition.
The Jets will be eligible for points and the championship; however they will not be permitted to play A-league contracted players, trialists or play any home games.
So hopefully we see the NYL side supported by the diehard HAL club fans and the local clubs see a increase in revenue so there are some clear benefits and maybe local players signed can include their local club in the transfer fee if they move on overseas.
Does anyone know how this works for Barcelona and Real is Spain? From a fans point of view, obviously development wise its working for Barca!
Time to Djbate!

Return to “A-Leagues”