Hughes to Perth

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Hughes to Perth

Postby Stuckey Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:42 am

Just heard Adam Hughes is going to join Perth Glory. Perfect player for them IMO. I hear Pellegrino is going to Central Coast so he's replacing him no doubt.
Time to Djbate!
Steelinho
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Yuujiin Garekkobicchi

Re: Hughes to Perth

Postby Steelinho Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:45 am

Pellegrino plays in a different position to Hughes. Dodd is pretty much Adriano's replacement.

Great signing for them, they're making a pretty competitive squad for next season. Vukovic, Smeltz, Hughes... bloody Hell.

They'll be in serious trouble if they don't at least finish in the top half of the league next season.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:49 am

I can see injuries play a huge part in their season. If most of their talent stays fit they'll push for the finals if not they'll probably get relegated!
Time to Djbate!
Steelinho

Postby Steelinho Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:53 am

I can see injuries play a huge part in their season. If most of their talent stays fit they'll push for the finals if not they'll probably get relegated!
Bob Jane Championship?
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:00 am

Bob Jane Championship?
Over 35s league!
Time to Djbate!
Steelinho

Postby Steelinho Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:58 am

I would prefer the O-35 leagues to not be tainted, thank you very much.
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:50 pm

they wont do anythign with ferguson as coach
flavze

Postby flavze Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:33 pm

Pellegrino plays in a different position to Hughes. Dodd is pretty much Adriano's replacement.

Great signing for them, they're making a pretty competitive squad for next season. Vukovic, Smeltz, Hughes... bloody Hell.

They'll be in serious trouble if they don't at least finish in the top half of the league next season.
putting Hughes in the same bracket as Vukovic and Smeltz is a bit of a stretch.
Still gonna be an old and slow team, don't think they will be a huge threat for the title tbh.
Steelinho

Postby Steelinho Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:35 pm

putting Hughes in the same bracket as Vukovic and Smeltz is a bit of a stretch.
Still gonna be an old and slow team, don't think they will be a huge threat for the title tbh.
Who said I was saying each player I listed was in any bracket? I was listing the signings they've made that will change their team.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:23 am

In deconstructing the text it becomes readily apparent that Perth are pursuing a regressive, unsophisticated composition of a tactics whose limited palette revolves around the antiquated notion bolstered by the twin pillars (of cards?) of scoring goals and the brutish vulgarity of limiting the goals scored by opposition(!).

One must realise that this is incompatible with a modern nuanced consideration of the ball-to-feet domain and one must revolutionise a constant paradigm shift of cultural change within the collaborative squadron to truly innovate in the creative space.
bundibundi

Postby bundibundi Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:48 pm

In deconstructing the text it becomes readily apparent that Perth are pursuing a regressive, unsophisticated composition of a tactics whose limited palette revolves around the antiquated notion bolstered by the twin pillars (of cards?) of scoring goals and the brutish vulgarity of limiting the goals scored by opposition(!).

One must realise that this is incompatible with a modern nuanced consideration of the ball-to-feet domain and one must revolutionise a constant paradigm shift of cultural change within the collaborative squadron to truly innovate in the creative space.
Clearly kicking the ball around in neat little triangles and diamonds is more important than scoring goals and stopping the opposition from doing the same, especially if the dutch do it! And we all know how successful they are at winning trophies!!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:16 pm

perth seem to be really good at signing guys who have previously had great seasons but are now on the decline, or atleast wont get any better then they already have.

Even smeltz is getting to that stage where he has probably achieved his best now.

i cant think of anything worse then watching a team of guys you know have played quite well over their careers but ever game they get a touch slower and a touch more cranky.

jump the border at AU and i think there are very few that have reached their potential yet, even flores is quite young still
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:11 pm

perth seem to be really good at signing guys who have previously had great seasons but are now on the decline, or atleast wont get any better then they already have.

Even smeltz is getting to that stage where he has probably achieved his best now.

i cant think of anything worse then watching a team of guys you know have played quite well over their careers but ever game they get a touch slower and a touch more cranky.

jump the border at AU and i think there are very few that have reached their potential yet, even flores is quite young still
I know! It makes you all warm inside huh!
Time to Djbate!
upthebrum

Postby upthebrum Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:53 am

What you typed:

What I read:
Wank wankwankwankwank wankwankwank wankwank wank wankwank wankwankwank wankwank wankwankwank wankwank wankwankwankwank wankwank wankwankwankwank wank wankwankwank wankwankwankwankwank wankwank wankwankwank wank wankwankwank wankwank wankwankwank wank wank wank wank wank wankwank wank wank wank.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:59 pm

What you typed:

What I read:
Wank wankwankwankwank wankwankwank wankwank wank wankwank wankwankwank wankwank wankwankwank wankwank wankwankwankwank wankwank wankwankwankwank wank wankwankwank wankwankwankwankwank wankwank wankwankwank wank wankwankwank wankwank wankwankwank wank wank wank wank wank wankwank wank wank wank.
Small boys in the park. Jumpers for goalposts.
Isn't it? Wasn't it? Marvellous.

Return to “A-Leagues”