Points or Finals to Decide the Champions?

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

werner
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Re: Points or Finals to Decide the Champions?

Postby werner Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:52 pm

I would be happy if they changed it so the actual champions were the premiers at the end of the regular season, and if they renamed the Hyundai A-League Finals Series to something along the lines of, 'Hyundai A-League Cup.' Same rules for entry, short cup competition, but not associated as having actually won the whole season just because you won a few games at the end of the year in a knockout competition.

The two titles should be equally important, if anything.
I really like this. The point is, whoever finishes top in regulation time, don't get the accolades that they deserve.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:25 pm

So its decided,

Our recommendations to the FFA are..

Premiership is the best trophy to have
Rename and distance finals series but with same qualifying rules.
FFA cup at start of the season.

Premiership= auto qualification into ACL
winning a cup = Play off with the other cup winner sometime during the start of the following season for the final ACL birth

SIMPLE :D

If only the FFA could listen cos i really like this idea, and basically SFA has changed to the set up of the season
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ganas
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:12 am

To really add an emphasis to the premiership, I think the only real option is to keep the premiers out of the short cup at the end of the season.

And the finals you rename to Champions League Play-off.

Premiers automatically gain entry to ACL. And the winner of the Champions League Play-off will get entry.

Have only top 4 (from 2nd – 5th) play for the 2nd entry.

I don’t like the idea of a play-off between the FFA Cup and “Finals winner”. And this way it would also eliminate the chance of state teams making ACL.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:43 pm

tbh if a state team wins the FFA cup and then wins a play off later on against the other cup winner let them have an ACL birth they deserve it.

I mean what are we afraid of
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “A-Leagues”