A-league refs

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

A-league refs

Postby shinAUFC Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:42 am

Now i know this thread comes up fairly often on alot of forums,

Please dont read this as an "AU get treated poorly by the refs" thread because i dont believe any team gets favoured although we have had a ruff trot of late with decisions.

Now is it just me, or is more often then not a game is INFLUENCED by a poor decision, or even due to a ref not understanding the rules correctly?

I understand it happens in all leagues, and there will always be a little controversy of some calls.

However it seems nearly every game in the A-league there are some very questionable calls made by refs. Sometimes its not even a particular decision its more so the lack of consistancy.

We see the special ones of the league constantly marked which is fine, but when a blind eye is turned to blatant hacks or shirt pulls its becomes infuriating. Dont even get me started on the leckie incident, regardless if that hack that busted his leg was a red or yellow, the fact was melbourne targeted him and the ref offered no protection.

We see refs not call a thing in the first half then come out cards a blazing in the 2nd half. Confusing much?

I dont feel any club gets worse then others, but i dont think any AU fan will ever forget cristiano's red in the grand final, and we have all heard the story that before the game cristiano had been warned by breeze about his elbows, so it would seem breeze judged the player , not the event in question. I think this happens all the time in the A-league!

just to demonstrate how much a season can be effected by dodgy calls,
from an AU point of view the MV v BR game, the keeper clearly went out of the box to retrieve the ball, how is it everyone in the stadium saw this but the man who mattered? we all know what happened next and it game valuable points to the roar,

Then dodd is sent off against wellington for trying to avoid a player, to say AU would have won this had Dodd been on isn't justified, but to say the game was influenced by the ref is 100% correct.

Last night sterjovski should have been sent off, we should have been awarded a ball due to a back pass and in my oppinion cornthaite was very unlucky to concede that penalty, which suprise was sterjovski who should not have been on the field in the first place.

So thats potentially 7 points there influenced by refs from the AU point of view,

As i said this isnt a pro AU thread, im very sure every club has suffered inparticular NQF who have been very unlucky with calls this season.

My argument is everything in this league is improving, but not the standard of refs, its infuriating! These are professional clubs with professional players, and fans pay good money every week to go watch these bumblebee wannabe's try to be stars of the game, Are these really the best we have to offer in this country?

end of long winded rant/
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ThatDickw/theGlasses
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: A-league refs

Postby ThatDickw/theGlasses Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:35 pm

Swings and roundabouts - the referees leave a lot to be desired for every team.
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:52 pm

The refs do have an undue influence on A league, whether its just by pure incompetance or by FFA design. These are the only options
I have for years been an advocate that AU will get the poor end of decisions and that other (special) teams always seem to get a more favourable call.
Lets face AU is not a dirty or thug side but how come we get the cards, send offs and frees and other sides with noted "hard men" get away scot free.
It frustrates me to see this week in week out to the extent that my interest in the Ausssie game has waned, to the point where I don't know wether to renew my AU membership next year or use the money for a Setanta subscription and watch the Blue Square Premiership and see some real football.
davidbloop
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic

Postby davidbloop Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:52 pm

so you're going to abandon the club because we cop the refs?
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:17 pm

:roll:
#WeAreUnited
Seanason_AU

Postby Seanason_AU Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:44 pm

If the players are all professional and train 6 days a week i dont see why the referees cant be professional.
flavze

Postby flavze Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:26 am

If the players are all professional and train 6 days a week i dont see why the referees cant be professional.
costs, the more money spent on refs the less there is for clubs. I would love to have full time pro refs but i would think it's purely down to $$ atm.
Seanason_AU

Postby Seanason_AU Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:58 am

I'd pay a $10 p/season surcharge and im sure the players would donate 2% of their wages for a levy that would give us professional referees.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:44 am

yet another game influenced by the refs

http://www.youtube.com/user/nostroKeepe ... MPCz247p0A

Muscat cleary pushed back kwasnik who was on the verge of a break away, could have been deemed a yellow.

Instead no call, kwasnik shows his anger, the ref inturn shows him his second yellow, mariners down to 10 men, 1-0 up.

Also the victory's second goals, the mariners keeper had 2 hands holding the ball at the time of it being kicked, although its pretty subjective and to be fair you cant expect a ref to make that kind of a call
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Steelinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Yuujiin Garekkobicchi

Postby Steelinho Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Go watch a George Best video and stop complaining.
ADEL-GOONERS
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergi maybe Slory
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling along by a mile

Postby ADEL-GOONERS Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:28 pm

the thing that is hard to cop , we won 4-1 , and they still missed heaps including the assintants, at the end od the day it is pot luck ,which it should,nt be

Return to “A-Leagues”