A league transfer rumours and discussion, NON AU

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Re: A league transfer rumours and discussion, NON AU

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:56 pm

City looking to sign Nicolas Colazo.
26 yo winger from Boca Juniors.
Now we're talking!
Im interested to see how City/JVS will completely screw their title push this season like they always do.
I think it will be interesting to see how Cahill goes. I wouldn't be surprised if his selection wouldn't be form based.
I'm still yet to be fully impressed with JVS. I find him very unwilling to alter tactics when things aren't working.
Tim Cahills' signing is not about the performance on the field, it is a way of getting young kids choosing city over victory and it will work. if mcfc don't win something this year then they never will. the epl is a race between the Manchester clubs, the a league is a race between the Melbourne clubs.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:32 pm

City looking to sign Nicolas Colazo.
26 yo winger from Boca Juniors.
Now we're talking!
Im interested to see how City/JVS will completely screw their title push this season like they always do.
I think it will be interesting to see how Cahill goes. I wouldn't be surprised if his selection wouldn't be form based.
I'm still yet to be fully impressed with JVS. I find him very unwilling to alter tactics when things aren't working.
Tim Cahills' signing is not about the performance on the field, it is a way of getting young kids choosing city over victory and it will work. if mcfc don't win something this year then they never will. the epl is a race between the Manchester clubs, the a league is a race between the Melbourne clubs.
True. I can see IF Cahill starts to perform poorly JVS being forced to stay with him and that hurting City.
Much like a few seasons ago when Chelsea signed Torres and they played him over Drogba. That cost Chelsea loads of points!
Time to Djbate!
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 pm

JVS is a rubbish coach.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:04 pm

Twenty-year-old midfielder Nathan Konstandopoulos has been signed to a Brisbane Roar Hyundai A-League Scholarship for the upcoming 2016/17 season.
- See more at: http://www.a-league.com.au/article/roar ... V90DY.dpuf
Great news for him. No doubt he'll be back at AU in a few seasons like all the other lads to leave and come back! :lol:
Time to Djbate!
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:05 pm

Michael Essien is going to Melbourne Victory.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:07 pm

So city now have 2 international marquees and a guest marquee, this salary cap with its exemptions seems to be more about putting the big clubs ahead than keeping competition equal.

Either way this new guy looks interesting, at 26 and been at La Bombonera since he was 9.

somehow i feel he will be underwhelmed with cities matchday atmosphere. He certainly will not be hearing anything like "river decime que se siente" caliber chants at city lol.

If van schip cant win something this year then there is no other explanation apart from he is trying to lose lol
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:39 am

Brisbane sign a spanish winger with la liga experience.

I trust amor and our staff, we have done very well out of Spain but it does burn a little knowing we have opened the door for players from spain to play in the aleague but we get second and third division spaniards while other clubs are signings guys like castro.

I guess our marquee spaniard is amor though, lets just hooe guardiola is the real deal.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:47 am

Brisbane sign a spanish winger with la liga experience.

I trust amor and our staff, we have done very well out of Spain but it does burn a little knowing we have opened the door for players from spain to play in the aleague but we get second and third division spaniards while other clubs are signings guys like castro.

I guess our marquee spaniard is amor though, lets just hooe guardiola is the real deal.
Ah he's one of the many players I thought AU were a chance of signing.
I guess if AU hadn't lost Bruce they would have signed someone like this guy. AU needed a CF.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:09 pm

If you believe the rumours, we were chasing Ruben Castro who is a regular in La Liga until Bruce left and we needed to shift focus.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:43 pm

In other news......Melbourne city, tim cahil, city, fornarolli , tim cahil and tim cahil
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:40 am

Another point on Spanish players joining Brisbane. JA was a player in Spain for 7 seasons. 6 of those at La Liga level. I would expect him to have a pretty decent network of mates over there still.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:57 am

Another point on Spanish players joining Brisbane. JA was a player in Spain for 7 seasons. 6 of those at La Liga level. I would expect him to have a pretty decent network of mates over there still.
Regardless of who they bring in, JA is a well average coach.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:49 pm

Regardless of who they bring in, JA is a well average coach.
I feel he's been pretty hard done by in his HAL coaching career. I felt he made a few silly calls with his time at Heart but his results weren't a fair representation of how that club was playing. Brisbane last season was impressive at times but I'm not surprised they ended up being inconsistent with their players not being paid consistently. I think this season will be a good example of whether he's the real thing or not, as long as the Bakries don't bugger things up for him.
Time to Djbate!
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Perth have recruited really well. The media have completely ignored them. Really hope they have a big year
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:10 pm

Perth have recruited really well. The media have completely ignored them. Really hope they have a big year
Perth recruit well every season though and find a way to screw it up.

They do look a little scary though when you look at the players who will be behind castro , keogh and taggart.

Kenny lowe seems underated as a manager also, perhaps if he had a different accent he may be regarded higher ? Lol

Return to “A-Leagues”