Are melbourne victory the best equipped team to stop bris?

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

AUFC_Leeds
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: we need a decent song!

Are melbourne victory the best equipped team to stop bris?

Postby AUFC_Leeds Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:02 pm

This was a ques asked on fox fc just then. once again ppl are writting us off, its good in a way being the underdog, melb are 6th, i cant see them comming from there now to win the comp. thoughts??
surely adelaide with leckie and flores and dodd on the same park can beat bris and take it up to them?
I WANT A GRAND FINAL WIN GOD DAMMIT!!! NO SECOND PRIZE!!
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Are melbourne victory the best equipped team to stop bri

Postby shinAUFC Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:40 pm

Melbourne and sydney have and always will be the clubs the media talk about regardless of their form.

Melbourne are a touch old and slow, and lack a quality coach imo, they need a shake up for ACL or they will be humbled.

There are 4 standout teams this year, its completely possible brisbane could drop to 4th come the end of the season with a mini form slump.

I think the real point that fox sports has demonstrated is how thing the A-league based media really is that they are so sydney/melbourne centric.

I think brisbane will crash back to earth soon, and its how they react after that will decide if they are premiers or not. I mean we set an A-league record for games unbeated (now broken by brisbane) had a mini slump and lost 3 games and suffered some injuries but now have played our selfs back in form, to be completely discredited as a threat is laughable, but hey Goldy, CC are under the radar, we may aswell be

MV are purely making up the numbers
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
David Votoupal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:54 pm

It sounds cliched, but the league has passed Victory and Merrick by. To be fair, they did come closer than anybody to defending their title which is hard to do in the A-League, they did lose the GF only on penalties.

Muscat should have retired this year, and too many components are wearing out or malfunctioning, and Merrick has always been pretty daft as a coach. Yes they've still beaten the top sides and still have the wood on Adelaide United, but the league is stronger now so they're finding it harder.

Hernandez has struggled because without Thompson to feed for much of this season, so I guess he's been more closely marked as a result.

They're in need of a major rebuild. Add to that, the Heart factor has taken some of their crowd away.
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:56 am

I wouldn't be so quick to write off Victory...

They've dropped a lot of points at home so far, but once they settle into their new stadium they'll be up there again. And if you consider how low their striker stocks have been this season, they've done pretty well.

And now that Archie is back I fully expect them to be a threat come the end of the season.
#WeAreUnited
sall123

Postby sall123 Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:35 pm

murdocca is out wooo
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:28 pm

No.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:59 am

More than happy to be written off by the 'experts'. Especially when we are second on the ladder 1 game in hand and 3 points behind.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.

Return to “A-Leagues”