A league transfer rumours and discussion, NON AU

Discuss Australia's top-flight football leagues.

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: A league transfer rumours and discussion, NON AU

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:01 pm

I dont want to be a wet blanket but i hate this new rule.

It does nothing to encourage clubs to develop their squad and promote youth.

We get 2 marquees plus a youth marquee and 200k player loyalty payments. There is already so much room for clubs to flex their muscle financially and bring in these big players.

No wonder why australia cannot produce a decent striker.

All this fuss to sign tim cahill for his retirement. Give it 10 games and the buzz is worn off and everyone realises he is just another player on the pitch.
No need to apologise. I agree. I'm just looking at this from AU's point of view. Hopefully it means a boost to their crowds with no effort of expense from themselves.
There is that and its a positive.

However i can imagine city with 3 world class players in the front third and remaining money spent on a strong spine. It starts to look alot like the circus of the csl.

I would prefer concessions for signing players under a certain age and possibly some kind of cap exemption for a player who has featured at youth level and senior level for one club to keep them in australia for a few extra years.

Imagine a league with mabil, rogic, amini, da sila, mauk etc all staying on a few extra years to truly dominate and entertain before they head to europe.

Thats just me though
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

A league transfer rumours and discussion, NON AU

Postby EdDog Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:09 pm

I'm just glad we won the double before Shin's prediction comes true.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:51 pm

I dont want to be a wet blanket but i hate this new rule.

It does nothing to encourage clubs to develop their squad and promote youth.

We get 2 marquees plus a youth marquee and 200k player loyalty payments. There is already so much room for clubs to flex their muscle financially and bring in these big players.

No wonder why australia cannot produce a decent striker.

All this fuss to sign tim cahill for his retirement. Give it 10 games and the buzz is worn off and everyone realises he is just another player on the pitch.
No need to apologise. I agree. I'm just looking at this from AU's point of view. Hopefully it means a boost to their crowds with no effort of expense from themselves.
There is that and its a positive.

However i can imagine city with 3 world class players in the front third and remaining money spent on a strong spine. It starts to look alot like the circus of the csl.

I would prefer concessions for signing players under a certain age and possibly some kind of cap exemption for a player who has featured at youth level and senior level for one club to keep them in australia for a few extra years.

Imagine a league with mabil, rogic, amini, da sila, mauk etc all staying on a few extra years to truly dominate and entertain before they head to europe.

Thats just me though
You're preaching to the choir. :)
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:31 pm

Deng loaned to psv for a year.

I wonder what was in it for psv? Obviously deng gets a taste of europe and a fantastic youth setup but why would psv bother with a youth on loan ?

Unless there is some kind of sell on clause added to his mv contract that gives psv exclusive rights.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:37 pm

Deng loaned to psv for a year.

I wonder what was in it for psv? Obviously deng gets a taste of europe and a fantastic youth setup but why would psv bother with a youth on loan ?

Unless there is some kind of sell on clause added to his mv contract that gives psv exclusive rights.
I was thinking it is a bit of security for psv, try before you buy possibly.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:05 am

The NRMA Insurance Western Sydney Wanderers have today announced the signing of South American midfielder Bruno Piñatares for the Hyundai A-League 2016/17 season.
Read more at http://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/article ... zI8OPCp.99

Comes from the Primera División Uruguaya which is pretty impressive and is a good age. Could be a good signing although like most Uruguayan defensive midfielders he'll probably spend a decent amount of time suspended.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:24 am

Melbourne City have announced the club has agreed to the transfer of Aaron Mooy to their Football Group sister club Manchester City FC, with the midfielder signing a three-year deal with the English Premier League powerhouse.
- See more at: http://www.a-league.com.au/article/aaro ... gFQRa.dpuf

Well this is pretty much the entire point of the City group. It will be interesting to see how he goes. IMO he's good enough to make it. Although I probably would have rather see him start out someone a little less cut throat.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:35 am

And as expected Brattan and Cacares come in on loan.
Brattan will be good. I'm yet to see why anyone rates Cacares. He spent most of his time on the bench last season for them.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:39 am

It all depends where mooy can get himself loaned out to.

I cant actually see him ever playing for city which means he is at their mercy for 3 years possibly bouncing around england. Not ideal imo
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:47 am

It all depends where mooy can get himself loaned out to.

I cant actually see him ever playing for city which means he is at their mercy for 3 years possibly bouncing around england. Not ideal imo
IMO he's definitely the best Australian player to come out of the HAL for some time. He's got the skill to be very good. I think its down to him taking the limited opportunities he'll get. He needs to have a very good pre-season then hope a few injuries boost his selection prospects. If that doesn't happen I can see him getting loaned out in January. But IMO he's good enough to go to another EPL side.
Time to Djbate!
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:49 pm

In time players will see that becoming the property of the City Group is not necessarily the best move career wise.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:03 pm

I find it interesting that only Melbourne City are loaning players to and from Manchester. None of the other arms of the City group are currently interacting that way.
Considering the facilities on offer IMO a player would be insane to knock back City over any other HAL club. But I do question this massive step up of moving HAL players to the EPL. I'd imagine there would be more benefit from moving players between HAL and the J-league with their club Yokohama. With the Brexit I wonder if the City group will look at acquiring a European club now? A club in Belgium or The Netherlands would be perfect.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:57 pm

I just cant see mooy displacing guys like toure and da silva. Sure he might get some minutes in a few cup games but that isnt what he should be aiming for.

Do we really believe pep guardiola wants Mooy in his midfield?

i agree mooy is good enough for the epl though, just never going to break into city. If he can get a loan to a mid/lower epl club then he has a fighting chance.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:51 am

Ex-Socceroo Brett Holman’s preference is to resume his playing career in Australia but it requires an A-League club to come up with a suitable offer, according to his agent.
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/holm ... RmpU87c.99

I'd love to see him at AU. IMO he'd bring more to a HAL club on the pitch than Cahill would. But sadly he wouldn't get the FFA funding or media hype like Cahill would.
Time to Djbate!
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:51 am

Kerem Bulut has apparently returned to WSW, signing a one year deal. I'd have snapped him up at AU.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.

Return to “A-Leagues”