FFA

Discuss Australia's top-flight football league.

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: FFA

Postby sevengoals Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:54 pm

A new dawn in Australian football is beckoning after proposed governance reforms were rubber-stamped by Fifa, sounding the death knell for outgoing Football Federation Australia chairman Steven Lowy and his board.

And proponents for radical change are increasingly confident they will get their way at a special general meeting of FFA next month without the need for further intervention from the global body.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... wy-led-ffa

B)
" in football, everything is complicated by the presence of an opponent "
- Jean-Paul Charles Aymard Sartre

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:10 pm

Change is coming to Football Federation Australia, with pro-reform forces claiming victory at the end of a two-year struggle for power over the sport.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... r-struggle

B)
" in football, everything is complicated by the presence of an opponent "
- Jean-Paul Charles Aymard Sartre

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:27 pm

Let's see how quickly the A-league clubs boost their share of the pie (with the support of the PFA) at the expense of the national teams and grass roots.
The payoff to the states will be an underfunded second division, which will mean no expansion teams straight into the A-league.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:35 pm

Its going to be interesting if expansion will continue as planned for next season or will they steady the ship.

Hopefully an independent aleague beckons
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isa
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:59 am

Let's see how quickly the A-league clubs boost their share of the pie (with the support of the PFA) at the expense of the national teams and grass roots.
The payoff to the states will be an underfunded second division, which will mean no expansion teams straight into the A-league.
I haven't been following this super closely but it's interesting to hear the vast majority cheering the current management leaving. Personally I would be cautious about change. We want an alternative leadership, but the last alternative we had left the game in ruin. I'm not saying that's the only alternative to the outgoing power base or that change isn't needed. Just that different isn't always better.
Obviously the HAL clubs are going to come in a look after their own interests. Hopefully they can fill some voids the FFA aren't filling ATM. Our national youth sides have been in steady decline for some time. I'd hoped that the removal of the national CoE would allow a shift of funding to more local development (I'm not sure if that's occured) but allowing HAL clubs more power in this aspect seems to be a winner with WSW championing the way. I'd be very surprised if a HAL involved board would be MORE interested in expansion? Although maybe they understand how stale the HAL is and it's need to grow. Hopefully they do and are keen on some expansion and put pro/rel on the back burner. I'd love pro/rel but personally I don't think the game is in desperate need of it and the con's still out way the pro's on that. I can't see an existing HAL club surviving too long after being relegated which helps no one if that occurs and will probably drive a lot of fans away especially if that happens to be a club from Melb or Syd. Build the HAL up to 16-20 clubs then once that is sustainable look at pro/rel. I think the key to building the game is including the big clubs making most of the noise about change.
Josep: "It's Futbal!"
otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:54 pm

I hate being all doom and gloom, I'm usually super positive .... but I can't see any good coming from this.
If they manage to miraculously expand to 16 teams and introduce a second division, and increase the TV money and get crowds growing again ... I'll put up my hand and say how wrong I was.

Return to “Hyundai A-League”