Adelaide Oval Ticketing Update

Moderator: Moderators Group

admin
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Adelaide Oval Ticketing Update

Postby admin Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:34 am

With the recent completion of the extensive re-development of the Western Grandstand at the Adelaide Oval, Ticketek and SACA are putting the finishing touches on the ticket build for Adelaide United’s two blockbuster matches – Midweek Fixture vs. Sydney FC on Wednesday 29 December 2010 and Week 27 vs. Melbourne Victory on Friday 11 February 2011.

Adelaide United FC expects the ticket build to be complete within the next few weeks. Once the ticket build is complete, members’ seats will be allocated for these two matches and seating details will be sent to all club members via post.

The general public will be able to purchase tickets once all members’ tickets have been allocated. All pricing and ticketing details will be made available shortly through the Adelaide United website www.adelaideunited.com.au.

In the meantime, for any questions or enquiries regarding the Reds’ two matches at the Adelaide Oval, please call the Adelaide United Football Club on 8340 3000 or email info@adelaideunited.com.au.

Both of Adelaide United’s previous two games at the Adelaide Oval have attracted great crowds, which included a Hyundai A-League record for a match played in South Australia, and these two blockbusters against rivals Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory will be games not to be missed, particularly with the new Adelaide Oval redevelopment.
TOPGUN-JIMMY-AUFC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide Oval Ticketing Update

Postby TOPGUN-JIMMY-AUFC Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:22 am

2 games yah wouldnt want to miss........i'll be there even if im dead! :angel:
Brawn69

Postby Brawn69 Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:49 am

I suppose a home support area will be allocated?
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:38 pm

am i to assume correctly that GA members for Hindmarsh would just be in the GA area at AO also?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:18 pm

Im torn where to sit,

I would love to sit in the new stand, but i like to get rowdy at time, and i dont think this will go down well wit hthe rest of our gold members and more so the Adelaide oval members with their cucumber sandwiches
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Mr. Happy
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Paul Reid.
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: We're not full of convicts...

Postby Mr. Happy Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:31 am

I hope that if there is we avoid it, the Home Support Area at Hindmarsh has died on it's arse since Welso got serious about it. I purchase "Supporter Area" tickers whenever I can but the problem is that you can only purchase them at the ground (or that's what various staff have told me) so when I can't get them at the ground or someone else gets me one prior to the game it's GA. I don't understand why Weslo or their superiors are so precious about the area, it's empty or near empty most matches now so what's the harm in people coming in if they want to?

The HSA shouldn't be a special ticket in my opinion, it should be an area for people to come into if they want to sing and have a bit of fun without the constant fear of an interview from Weslo about your intentions at a football match.
Cats, Sex and Nazis that's why they call me Mr. Happy!
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:22 pm

Welso
Say no more
#WeAreUnited
Mr. Happy

Postby Mr. Happy Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:00 pm

Well.. so...
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:06 pm

Having it set up like The Shed for PG you mean? Where it doesn't need a certain ticket but there is a limited number of seats available?
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
Mr. Happy

Postby Mr. Happy Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:46 pm

That might be an option, or just remove it all together, everyone knows the North End is where the Red Army are so if you want to carry on, it's the place to be, if you want to sit and watch the game in silence then chose another area. Basically just stop treating us like kids.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:30 pm

That might be an option, or just remove it all together, everyone knows the North End is where the Red Army are so if you want to carry on, it's the place to be, if you want to sit and watch the game in silence then chose another area. Basically just stop treating us like kids.
I wish everyone who sat up the north end understood this,

I dont sit with the RA, but i do like to tell the officials/opponents what i think of them, i do occasionally use profanity, i do stand up with excitment when a corner is about to be taken, i do stand up in anticipation for a goal when someone dribbles into the box......... as do most up the north end.

Since the casuals have come back this season, im noticing alot of people who i havnt seen sit in the area before telling people to shut up or sit down, which i think is poor form.

The north end is where you go to have a good shout and release the stress from your working week, buy your shrimp cocktails everywhere else:P
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:38 pm

The north end is where you go to have a good shout and release the stress from your working week, buy your shrimp cocktails everywhere else:P
QFT
bensy

Postby bensy Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:53 pm

I hope that if there is we avoid it, the Home Support Area at Hindmarsh has died on it's arse since Welso got serious about it. I purchase "Supporter Area" tickers whenever I can but the problem is that you can only purchase them at the ground (or that's what various staff have told me) so when I can't get them at the ground or someone else gets me one prior to the game it's GA. I don't understand why Weslo or their superiors are so precious about the area, it's empty or near empty most matches now so what's the harm in people coming in if they want to?

The HSA shouldn't be a special ticket in my opinion, it should be an area for people to come into if they want to sing and have a bit of fun without the constant fear of an interview from Weslo about your intentions at a football match.
You certainly can pre purchase tickets for the home support area. I mostly get my tix online now. No lining up or having to seek out a ticketek outlet.

What I have found though is that the Home support tickets are actually usually sold out if I go to buy them on the day.

This would suggest it certainly hasn't died in the arse but people have worked out that if you want to be there then buy the right ticket or else stand as close as you can get.

fwiw, I have no issues with the Home Support area concept (or even Weslo this season).
Mr. Happy

Postby Mr. Happy Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:37 am

But the area is always half-empty which doesn't make sense if they're often sold old, I too have been told on occasion that they are sold out.

Return to “News & Announcements”