Adelaide United v WSW Match Day Jamboree!!!©GRAND FINAL-2016

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v WSW Match Day Jamboree!!!©GRAND FINAL-

Postby shinAUFC Sun May 01, 2016 9:03 pm

I think there would have been atleast 20k fans who attend afl games at this match who just witnessed an atmoshere never felt at adelaide oval ever.

What a day
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun May 01, 2016 9:17 pm

I think there would have been atleast 20k fans who attend afl games at this match who just witnessed an atmoshere never felt at adelaide oval ever.

What a day
I have FB friends posting that exact thing.
Time to Djbate!
Futbol_Crazy21
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sun May 01, 2016 9:53 pm

What a day
I haven't been to an Aussie Rules game since 2008, so I've not experienced Aussie Rules at the oval, but for me, todays atmosphere would be hard for AFL to beat. Whether it was a "sha la la la AUFC" that built up and echoed around the stadium or wonderwall. It would be something memorable for the casual fan that might get them to stick around next season.
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Sun May 01, 2016 10:23 pm

Just a sensational day all round! All the goals today were absolute class :bow:

Feels sooo good to have finally won a GF :boogie:
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Sun May 01, 2016 10:42 pm

What a day
I haven't been to an Aussie Rules game since 2008, so I've not experienced Aussie Rules at the oval, but for me, todays atmosphere would be hard for AFL to beat. Whether it was a "sha la la la AUFC" that built up and echoed around the stadium or wonderwall. It would be something memorable for the casual fan that might get them to stick around next season.
Had a friend with us who is now going to get a membership for next year as "this atmosphere is so much better than the AFL"
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Sun May 01, 2016 11:39 pm

Cheers to the RBB for lighting a dozen flares, covering the road signs in stickers and then chucking flares at them, destroying all the fucking chairs in their section, trying to run onto the pitch and picking fights outside AO.

Have fun starting off 2016/17 on -3 points.
we da best
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon May 02, 2016 12:21 am

Turning their backs on the trophy presentation too, very disrespectful.

Ah well, it's not gonna spoil my night
B) B)
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Mon May 02, 2016 8:25 am

Having attended quite a few big games in Europe, yesterday was up there with them. Great atmosphere nd colour and a good game to boot.
Still can't get the smile off my face. I was critical of Bruce and Amor and was wrong, happy to admit it.

COYR!!! Champions and Premiers in one season, the pain of the last 13 years finally erased!!
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Mon May 02, 2016 9:30 am

To be fair I met a lot of Wanderers pre and post game, actually had a chat with a few of them, they were reasonable football people. Shame the dickhead element is there for them.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon May 02, 2016 9:45 am

To be fair I met a lot of Wanderers pre and post game, actually had a chat with a few of them, they were reasonable football people. Shame the dickhead element is there for them.
Felt the same. All the ones I saw after the game were fine. People just like us: Couples, parents with their kids, a group of mates.

It really is just the minority that give them a bad name.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon May 02, 2016 11:32 am

Well. It happened. A great day is ruined and stained by the idiocy of wsw fans. The south aussie sports fans now hate our code even more.
The ffa must take points away from them and next step is to play behind closed doors. Sick of the wsw flogs. Their small minority is out of control.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Mon May 02, 2016 11:42 am

I thought the WSW fans were great. My family walked from our car near the Cathedral Hotel surrounded by WSW fans and there wasn't a hint of aggression of rudeness. I thought they (apart from the flares - but who was surprised and our fans have done similar)behaved well enough. A lot of them paid huge amounts to be there, had had the day to drink and still they seemed pretty normal. As EdDog says, lots of families and kids all just enjoying a great day. It serves us well to remember how painful losing a final away from home is. Poor buggers.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon May 02, 2016 12:26 pm

Agreed most were good, but yet again their small bunch of morons have tarnished the game by trashing seats and lighting flares, burning south australian signs.
What do you think the media are focusing on.....those families or the constant display of stupidity from the small amount of morons? News sites are full of angry people slamming the fans instead of celebrating a great event. We should not tolerate it.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon May 02, 2016 12:32 pm

Agreed most were good, but yet again their small bunch of morons have tarnished the game by trashing seats and lighting flares, burning south australian signs.
What do you think the media are focusing on.....those families or the constant display of stupidity from the small amount of morons? News sites are full of angry people slamming the fans instead of celebrating a great event. We should not tolerate it.
This is true however those people slamming fans are never going to follow football anyway, the media are preaching to the converted.

Meanwhile probably 30k just experienced a football atmosphere for the first time and are raving to their friends about it and felt totally safe the whole time.

Imo football wins this round
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Slingy

Postby Slingy Mon May 02, 2016 1:29 pm

Went to the Crows game on Saturday arvo. It was just incredible the difference between that event and the Grand Final.
There was an excellent pre-game build up, but as soon as the game started it went quiet apart from cheering goals and the odd shout of "ball" or booing of the umpire.

AFL definitely beats the A-League for entertainment factor outside of the active playing time, and the A-League has a lot to learn about putting on an event.

But in terms of the actual match experience, the football was far superior in terms of noise and inclusiveness.

The difference is that you go to AFL to watch the game, but when you go to the football you feel like you're actually taking part.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”