Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United matchday jamboree©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

RedTide
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Re: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United matchday jamboree©

Postby RedTide Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:32 pm

Don't forget Goodwin's free kick RedTide - should have been 5-1!!! :D
Good point; that was daylight robbery. Goodwin must have been apoplectic after that one; I know I was.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
RedTide

Postby RedTide Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:35 pm

Btw, was I the only one who noticed that Millshambles was his usual slow, bumbling self? When he wasn't invisible, having been run past by Mabil or Cirio, he was missing pass targets and making poor decisions. How on earth does he keep landing Socceroos gigs? No wonder the national team can't win a pub chook raffle at the moment when there are players as inept as Millishambles picked in the first XI.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:05 pm

I personally don't rate him that much either. But I think it was him who hit a pretty killer pass to set up their third goal.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:04 am

I'm interested in seeing some of the analysis from one of the more indepth tactical sites like Leopold Method or Australia Scout.

There's no doubt we went to pieces in a couple of moments and we got punished but I'm not sure the gamble was an abject failure. I don't remember Milligan and Valeri having standout games on the ball due to the lack of defensive pressure for example.

Fozz on Extra Time made a good point regarding Gombau not feeling too concerned about the result considering all the things that went against us this time. I'll try and get a copy of the footage later.
http://www.australiascout.com/2014/matc ... de-united/
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:33 am

I'm interested in seeing some of the analysis from one of the more indepth tactical sites like Leopold Method or Australia Scout.

There's no doubt we went to pieces in a couple of moments and we got punished but I'm not sure the gamble was an abject failure. I don't remember Milligan and Valeri having standout games on the ball due to the lack of defensive pressure for example.

Fozz on Extra Time made a good point regarding Gombau not feeling too concerned about the result considering all the things that went against us this time. I'll try and get a copy of the footage later.
Thanks for that Shin and here's the Leopold Method article:
http://leopoldmethod.com.au/approaches- ... de-united/

It's great they approached the analysis of the game differently as well.
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Btw, was I the only one who noticed that Millshambles was his usual slow, bumbling self? When he wasn't invisible, having been run past by Mabil or Cirio, he was missing pass targets and making poor decisions. How on earth does he keep landing Socceroos gigs? No wonder the national team can't win a pub chook raffle at the moment when there are players as inept as Millishambles picked in the first XI.
Millshambles? Presumably you're talking about Milligan?

Don't really get the joke in the name tbh!

Aside from that, I strongly disagree. For me he's one of the best players in the league. Certainly one of the best Australian players (FWIW my top 5 Aussies in the A-League would be in no specific order Milligan, Brattan, Mooy, Burns and Malik).

Funny how opinions can differ so much in sport.
#WeAreUnited
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:33 pm

They are great resources for the average fan like us who want to learn more about the game then " blood grit and determination" that you hear about in mainstream media
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:52 pm

They are great resources for the average fan like us who want to learn more about the game then " blood grit and determination" that you hear about in mainstream media
I agree!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
RedTide

Postby RedTide Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:37 pm

Aside from that, I strongly disagree. For me he's one of the best players in the league. Certainly one of the best Australian players (FWIW my top 5 Aussies in the A-League would be in no specific order Milligan, Brattan, Mooy, Burns and Malik).

Millishambles gets run past by just about every forward in the competition and then tries to pull them down when they run past them; remember when Cirio simply ran round him to score at Adelaide Oval? He is slow, he can't read the play and he pulls forwards down; much Like MustKill was when he was playing.

Millishambles is the name given by the British press to Ed Milliband, the current leader of the Labor Party there, who is as hopeless for them as Krudd was here for us. Millishambles the player is as overrated as Millishambles the political leader.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:02 am

Although at times he is cynical. I do think Milligan is quality. Hence why he's been so sort after while at MV.
It was sad his Arsenal trial never went thru. I reckon he could have really gone to the next level in the EPL.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:28 am

When was the arsenal interest ? I never heard that one , only knew about QPR.

Imo one of the best players of this current generation.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:36 am

I may be wrong but I think he left Sydney to chase a EPL contract.
Time to Djbate!
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:52 am

I may be wrong but I think he left Sydney to chase a EPL contract.
He trialed there in 2008. He also had an offer from Crystal Palace before the start of last season but Ange made him stay. Then Ange left for his own interests, such a Victory thing to do...

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”