#valsaid

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Val-Ko

Postby shinAUFC Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:40 am

I had to laugh at the first article as all the quotes were taken directly off foxsports post game interview that aired live, hardly cutting edge news lol
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:02 am

Hehe yeah, it's fair enough to report on as not everyone has Fox, he didn't claim it was an exclusive and it's his own media organisation's interview.

When I was watching that interview I think Bruce was trying hard to emphasise it's Josep's team but you wouldn't necessarily get that from the quotes :)
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:32 am

Thought I'd resurrect this thread :)

I've been noticing a theme with Val's articles recently.
ADELAIDE United's striker Bruce Djite claims the Reds have direct links with Bayern Munich's legendary boss Pep Guardiola after seeing off Brisbane Roar 2-1 at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... 7088571141
Adelaide showed off their new 3-4-3 formation with confidence in Brisbane.

The side adapted well to a plan which never saw the light of day last season, as Reds technical director Guillermo Amor seemingly continues to add wise input in tweaking the Gombau blueprint.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... 7089312106
Now he maybe trying to promote the links he has with some great football minds but to me it comes across like he's diminishing Josep's influence on what we are doing. The second one is outright false, we did try 3-4-3 a few times last season when we were chasing the game and Josep had mentioned it in an interview with Cussen at the end of the season (before Amor was around).

Bit of A-grade paranoia I know but you know who will get the blame if we start losing...
I forget which player mentioned it but they said that Amor had little to no influence around the first team and he's here basically just for the youth set up.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:28 pm

ADELAIDE United’s Bruce Djite could find himself on the Socceroos’ Asian Cup radar if his sparkling A-League form continues, according to John Kosmina.

The striker got his 2014-2015 campaign off to a perfect start with a 25-metre, left-foot scorcher, to help United to a 2-1 upset of reigning champions Brisbane Roar.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... 7089236342

Miles too early to make that call but I agree if Bruce can continue this early form he should be in consideration.
I'd probably still play him behind Juric. I was quite impressed with Juric so far for the Socceroos I feel he like Bruce offer much more hold up play then Cahill does which looks to be the way Ange is heading.
Cahill's inclusion generally changes the Socceroos to more of a counter attacking side which seems to be less in Ange's philosophy.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:00 pm

ADELAIDE United’s Bruce Djite could find himself on the Socceroos’ Asian Cup radar if his sparkling A-League form continues, according to John Kosmina.

The striker got his 2014-2015 campaign off to a perfect start with a 25-metre, left-foot scorcher, to help United to a 2-1 upset of reigning champions Brisbane Roar.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... 7089236342

Miles too early to make that call but I agree if Bruce can continue this early form he should be in consideration.
I'd probably still play him behind Juric. I was quite impressed with Juric so far for the Socceroos I feel he like Bruce offer much more hold up play then Cahill does which looks to be the way Ange is heading.
Cahill's inclusion generally changes the Socceroos to more of a counter attacking side which seems to be less in Ange's philosophy.
I called it when he scored against brisbane.

He may be just what ange needs to bring leckie and kruse into the game , get them receiving the ball in decent areas where they can actually do something .

It may be a tough january for aufc because i feel goodwin could be a chance also
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
spaceCowboy
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby spaceCowboy Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:05 am

It may be a tough january for aufc because i feel goodwin could be a chance also
Doesn't the A-League break for the tournament?
We are UNITED, after all....
EdDog

Val-Ko

Postby EdDog Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:04 pm

I think for the group stages only.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:17 pm

AU have games scheduled right through the tournament -
Jan 11 v Roar
Jan 19 v WSW
Jan 25 v Melb City
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:51 pm

AU have games scheduled right through the tournament -
Jan 11 v Roar
Jan 19 v WSW
Jan 25 v Melb City
My fixture tells me we have an away game against Perth on Jan 5 and then we don't play again until Jan 24 against Newcastle.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:24 pm

Whoops, I was looking at last season's fixtures.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:03 am

Just shit stirring but..

josep could have thumped that journalista once provoked instead of privately having a verbal and not have copped much heat at all.

Atleast this is what i learned from AFL
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:09 am

Just shit stirring but..

josep could have thumped that journalista once provoked instead of privately having a verbal and not have copped much heat at all.

He could have thrown in a bit of a racist rant as well for good measure. Just as long as he didn't slag off the Anzacs he would have been fine we've learnt this week!
:box:
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:14 am

Just shit stirring but..

He could have thrown in a bit of a racist rant as well for good measure. Just as long as he didn't slag off the Anzacs he would have been fine we've learnt this week!
Yes nothing causes a bigger shit storm then reciting basic facts swept under the rug in order to maintain national rhetoric :box:
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:25 am

While on topic. Its nice to finally see Val show up to an AU training and actually give us all some updates on what's going on.
Surely he could be doing this all the time?
Time to Djbate!
bundibundi

Postby bundibundi Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:25 pm

Just shit stirring but..

Yes nothing causes a bigger shit storm then reciting basic facts swept under the rug in order to maintain national rhetoric :box:
What McIntyre wrote is a load of crap. ANZACs weren't saints, gods or whatever, but to blame all for the actions of a few, how is it different to blaming muslims for 9/11?

A United supporter tried to start a fight with me a few years ago because I tripped and rolled my ankle while walking down the stairs and some of my drink got on him. I don't go on sensationalist rants every time Adelaide United plays calling United fans a bunch of douchebags because of one guy's actions.

Next Anzac day, go up to the child of someone who lost their father in war and say those things to their face Scott McIntyre.

Anzac day is a day to remember those who fought and
those died. Fathers, sons and brothers to someone. This year got more attention than years because has been 100 years. Go ahead and point out the bad shit that some people did, just use your brain and have some tact.

I too get annoyed by over the top, blind national pride, but to nitpick facts while ignoring others is Val level.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”