Reflections on tonight's game and our fans

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

bensy
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Reflections on tonight's game and our fans

Postby bensy Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:11 pm

typical flare rippers are those fully sik types. Usually conceal the flares in their rectum and drop them in the middle of large groups, suffocating anyone nearby. Gutless flogs - hold it up so no one else has to suffer.
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:16 pm

Stop being soft. I don't see the problem with flares, as long they are not being thrown, they look great.
Fantastic night good work to all that made crowd!
You don't let serial killers near knives and believe that they want stab someone just because they said they wouldn't. No, you take away the element and the opportunity completely and in the end no one will get stabbed or in this case a flare thrown to the head.

NO flares -> NO temptation = zero flares being thrown

Sure sometimes flares look great but on occasions like this a few idiots will make it to the game just to look for trouble.
Nuske
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: FLORES

Postby Nuske Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:36 pm

Nice analogy futbol_crazy lol.
But the fact is that you can't stop flares at games like these.
redhorse
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: DARIO

Postby redhorse Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:03 pm

They were a bunch of kids, saw 3 of them tucking flares into their pants on the way to the game to get past security and before I could point them out to anyone they were into the crowd. They did get picked up by the cops at one point though.
I came from work so I had my work clothes with me in a backpack. I was expecting to have to take every item out when having my bag searched which I would be happy to do as I had nothing to hide.

The security who checked my bag did not even ask me to open the zip! Just patted my bag down - I could have had anything in there. Seems like they almost wanted flares to get in.
I was the same, no bag check at all. As i waled passed them, i said "lucky im the one with all the flares hey". He just laughed and moved me on. i mean i had nothing, but thats not the point.

Postby spaceCowboy Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:27 pm

Ive heard from about 3 or 4 people who made last night ther first a-league game and all said they loved it and are coming back, yes 1 was a girl. Flares themselves are not the problem its wen ppl start throwing them when it becomes an issue.

Flares add colour and something no other sport has

and yes the fans need to be separated, this is football where the amount of passion for ones team is important.

All i can say is that the atmosphere was great last night, and needs to be replicated at hindmarsh...i AM proud to be an Adelaide United supporter today!!
We are UNITED, after all....
RedsGirl74
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergio Van Dijk
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Reds Go Marching In

Postby RedsGirl74 Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Nice analogy futbol_crazy lol.
But the fact is that you can't stop flares at games like these.
Yeah, because unfortunately, you can't legislate against stupidity. :x
Go the Reds!
David Votoupal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcos Flores

Postby David Votoupal Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:59 pm

Melbourne and Adelaide have the most passionate football fans, in what are two Aussie Rules strongholds, yet also have the biggest number of nutters following the game. Anything explains this phenomenon?
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Melbourne and Adelaide have the most passionate football fans, in what are two Aussie Rules strongholds, yet also have the biggest number of nutters following the game. Anything explains this phenomenon?
I second that DV.

I invite any doom sayer to youtube "adelaide united melbourne victory"

search only videos from the past week, and watch the march in (with police back up by invitation i may add!! ticking all the right boxes) and then watch the hi lights of the game.

All this on the same night the crows and power played at AAMI.

Now try sincerely tell me this club/league/sport does not have a future .

There was passion that you just wont see anywhere else in australia tbh
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:27 pm

A strong, deep, rich football culture/history that pre-dates the A-league.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:38 pm

A strong, deep, rich football culture/history that pre-dates the A-league.
B)
and a tradition of following different sports/codes simultaneously. I'm happy to support the Crows, Thunderbirds, Redbacks, Adelaide United etc ...... though starting as a Glenelg supporter means I have to draw the line at Port :)

The fact is that the whole "code wars" rhetoric has very little resonance in Adelaide. It's something that makes me proud to be South Australian.
philthy

Postby philthy Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:57 am

interesting reading,is Assange a tard http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cross_Border_Rivalry
Seanason_AU

Postby Seanason_AU Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:12 am

I was standing it didn't look like anyone was making any effort to put a stop to their behaviour. if you're not doing anything to stop the idiots in your midst you're complicit in their behaviour.
The flares in the bay were a huge problem. Unfortunately, the bay that is roped off for active support was changed to a GA bay after the Red Army banner was put up on the fence.

The bay was ridiculously overcrowded, the stairs pakced wall to wall with people. Unfortunately, 2 of the flare slit came from right behind me. I nudged the flare against the cement so it wont get kcked around or thrown and then one of the flogs picks it up - so i yell at him. He drops it, only for his mate to kick it into the back of my mothers leg.

Security presence in behind the bay was non-existent and inside the bay was just laughable. Even if security wanted to get into the bay they couldn't. A disgraceful display of organisation from Adelaide Oval and Weslo Staff.

Furthermore, as people have said in regards to walking in. Flares on the march, which SAPOL saw. the group walks in the gate, and i did not see one person receive a pat down. How stupid.
Last edited by Seanason_AU on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:42 am

interesting reading,is Assange a tard http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cross_Border_Rivalry
One of those paragraphs is very funny. Willing to make changes to winge about fan arrests on Friday, but not so much when it comes to the result.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:07 am

If someone rips a flare and its at our feet what to we do, do we pick it up and give it to security ? Then we are liekly to be kicked out for starting it.

Maybe the north end should start a bit if a dob in policy where someone rips a flare and everyone just points to the kid until security can take him away

Also article in the paper was reasonably positive today abwout the crowds behaviour
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Seanason_AU

Postby Seanason_AU Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:05 pm

If someone rips a flare and its at our feet what to we do, do we pick it up and give it to security ? Then we are liekly to be kicked out for starting it.

Maybe the north end should start a bit if a dob in policy where someone rips a flare and everyone just points to the kid until security can take him away

Also article in the paper was reasonably positive today abwout the crowds behaviour
Its been policy for a long time to turn over flare rippers. Problem was last week that there was too many people in the bays, security couldnt see properly or do anything about it.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”