#valsaid

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Re: Val-Ko

Postby mcjules Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:33 pm

Wrote this on 442 but it's relevant here:
After the pro-Val article this is the second strike against Simon Hill in my book.

By his own admission, Mariner's possession wasn't particularly more effective, the had less chances than Adelaide did. They did manage to take a half chance though.

Do it like they did against Brisbane = OK Do it like the did against Adelaide = not good enough. So why should they deserve praise for it.

One team on Saturday played a completely different way last season but were able to change. Why are the Mariners exempt from this? Playing this way is an admission that your tactics you had worked on all season are not up to scratch.

Finally, like Victory with Muscat I'll be keenly interested to see if Moss can really keep things rolling along and bringing more young players in and actually playing somewhat pro-actively like Arnie did last season.
Anyway I firmly believe they won this battle but they won't win the war :)
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby EdDog Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:17 pm

If you defend all game and concede, then you have to attack which is difficult because your default is to defend.

If you are always positive/looking to attack and you concede, then it would be easier to get an equaliser because attacking is in your nature.

Imagine if we'd scored against CCM. Would have been well and truly over.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:06 pm

Is he saying between the lines that "foreign style" is scheisse and "aussie style" is great?
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
mcjules

Postby mcjules Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:50 pm

Is he saying between the lines that "foreign style" is scheisse and "aussie style" is great?
I think it's more "english style" in Simon Hill's case.

I personally don't have a big problem with teams playing different styles but this sort of stuff is just bollocks.
If the Mariners still had the likes of Rogic, McGlinchey and Sainsbury, then maybe he could have tried to “out-football” the Reds - but they don’t.
That team has plenty of talent in it and any failure to play football by them is a reflection on their coach not the players.
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:01 am

Simon Hill has definitely gone down a few levels for me. His protection of Val the 'giornalista' was embarrassing for both parties.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:19 pm

I think it's more "english style" in Simon Hill's case.

I personally don't have a big problem with teams playing different styles but this sort of stuff is just bollocks.
If the Mariners still had the likes of Rogic, McGlinchey and Sainsbury, then maybe he could have tried to “out-football” the Reds - but they don’t.
That team has plenty of talent in it and any failure to play football by them is a reflection on their coach not the players.
Adelaide United is the smallest club in the league, bar none (so I'm told). Just because CCM are from a working class fishing town doesn't mean shit (and there's precious little bling about Munno Para or Hackham West, either...) As if they are more authentic than any other club in the league.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Someone on fourfortwo made an interesting point about can you recall a single moment foxsports have ever had a negative thing to say about the mariners?

Even matt simon gets put in a positive light...
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
mcjules

Postby mcjules Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:12 pm

Someone on fourfortwo made an interesting point about can you recall a single moment foxsports have ever had a negative thing to say about the mariners?

Even matt simon gets put in a positive light...
I've heard Bozza use "we" when talking about CCM so no chance there.

Robbie Slater with his friendship with Arnie and now his son's playing there ditto.

For the rest the narrative of "the little club that could" is too attractive to ignore I think.

Anyway I've talked enough about CCM, I don't think they'll be contenders next season :wink:
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:33 pm

with their fan base stagnant even though they are killing it I almost want them to start failing! let the bandwagon attach to a team that can make something of it
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Nah CCM are the first club to recognise that they aren't MV or SFC so will never be able to attract the high calibre players or sponsors the big boys can. So they smartly invested in youth development and club facilities. I'm more then happy to see them being successful. It gives me hope that AU will do the same soon.
Time to Djbate!
mcjules

Postby mcjules Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:11 pm

Nah CCM are the first club to recognise that they aren't MV or SFC so will never be able to attract the high calibre players or sponsors the big boys can. So they smartly invested in youth development and club facilities. I'm more then happy to see them being successful. It gives me hope that AU will do the same soon.
I'll wait until their producing outfield players that virtually walk into decent European leagues like the Netherlands before I sing their praises. This is what the Japanese clubs do. My suspicion is that it will be no quicker than any other HAL club.

Hopefully whatever AU choose to do over the next few seasons infrastructure wise produces far better results on the field than abandoning tactics because our coach deems our young players aren't up to scratch and parking the bus!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:02 am

I'll wait until their producing outfield players that virtually walk into decent European leagues like the Netherlands before I sing their praises. This is what the Japanese clubs do. My suspicion is that it will be no quicker than any other HAL club.

Hopefully whatever AU choose to do over the next few seasons infrastructure wise produces far better results on the field than abandoning tactics because our coach deems our young players aren't up to scratch and parking the bus!
That's true. But I do feel the sprouts of those seeds are showing. But this is a long term project so I would expect that to still be a few seasons away before they are truly developing talent that good.

BTW Jarrad gave Val such a serve last night! :lol:
He was basically the butt of every joke of the night! It was great!
Time to Djbate!
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:28 am

Please tell me Val was there.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:32 pm

Please tell me Val was there.
I think his invite must have got lost in the mail!
Time to Djbate!
mcjules

Postby mcjules Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:07 am

Thought I'd resurrect this thread :)

I've been noticing a theme with Val's articles recently.
ADELAIDE United's striker Bruce Djite claims the Reds have direct links with Bayern Munich's legendary boss Pep Guardiola after seeing off Brisbane Roar 2-1 at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... 7088571141
Adelaide showed off their new 3-4-3 formation with confidence in Brisbane.

The side adapted well to a plan which never saw the light of day last season, as Reds technical director Guillermo Amor seemingly continues to add wise input in tweaking the Gombau blueprint.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... 7089312106
Now he maybe trying to promote the links he has with some great football minds but to me it comes across like he's diminishing Josep's influence on what we are doing. The second one is outright false, we did try 3-4-3 a few times last season when we were chasing the game and Josep had mentioned it in an interview with Cussen at the end of the season (before Amor was around).

Bit of A-grade paranoia I know but you know who will get the blame if we start losing...

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”