Adelaide United v Sydney FC Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Adelaide United v Sydney FC Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby sevengoals Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:17 pm

Adelaide United 0 v 4 Sydney FC

All over in more ways than one.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Adam
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:18 pm

What's the lowest point total for a defending champion in a season?
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:19 pm

Can't believe I predicted us to score and lose 4-1, stupid of me to think we would get a shot on target yet alone score.
Can't wait to hear Griffin moan about something in the media this week, I guess he's good at that unlike running a football club :box: :bang:

Today was predictable when we keep selecting the same garbage every week
Bruuuuuuuuce
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Bruuuuuuuuce Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:32 pm

The sad thing is losing this season has become natural, and I've cared less and less each loss. Not saying I don't care if we lose, just that I expect it so it's easier to take.

Time to play the kids and sign some players for the ACL. The team has just looks lost and so does Amor. Nothing will change playing the same team every week.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:39 pm

Heads have to roll.

But hopefully not amors! He is one of the best things to happen to this club but he needs something to work with.

A combination of being a poor club and being forced to allow our best players leave due to buy-out clauses and big euro/asian offers have killed us.

I think we will know very soon if the club has been able to get amor to accept a new deal because if he hasnt then there is no good reason to keep on as the rebuild needs to start from january.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ozisnowman

Postby ozisnowman Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:57 pm

Heads have to roll.

But hopefully not amors! He is one of the best things to happen to this club but he needs something to work with.

A combination of being a poor club and being forced to allow our best players leave due to buy-out clauses and big euro/asian offers have killed us.

I think we will know very soon if the club has been able to get amor to accept a new deal because if he hasnt then there is no good reason to keep on as the rebuild needs to start from january.
Here here shin, hopefully it's Griffen and Co first followed by the recruiting department. Also our experienced players need to be told sternly to pull up their bloody socks and give it 120 per cent if they want too stay. While I like Carrusca, Isais and Cirio all 3 have been under performing. And yes they were injured by dodgy tackles but since they have been back they have been struggling. Everyone needs to put in some effort and those not putting in need some time in the youth squad.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Mileusnic looks better each game. Despite joining esteemed company in the "can't score from 2m out" club
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:25 pm

It is time for changes to the team and some senior members of the squad to be dropped, Carrusca and Elrich head that list for me.

Carrusca has been very bad the last two weeks and was even worse tonight. He offered nothing and his giving the ball away cost us the 4th goal. He just cannot play that badly and stay in the side, he has been far worse than Holland the last three weeks.

Elrich is just not trying, he has given up. To see him tonight get the ball around half way, look up and see Guardiola free coming towards him demanding the ball and turn away and pass back to McGowan was a disgrace. He is a senior member of the squad and needed to show leadership. Should be dropped for Marrone even if Marrone is not match fit at least playing him will get him back to match fit and he probably will care.

La Rocca perhaps does not quite need to be dropped but did he pass to anyone other than McGowan or Galekovic tonight? Perhaps Isaias and Holland when the dropped in between La Rocca and McGowan. He needs to look forward and pass forward sometimes.

Onto more positive things
Isaias tried very hard tonight, he tried to lift the team after the first goal, he was good in lots of ways but his distribution is failing. Still our second best player tonight.
Guardiola has quite rightly copped a lot of criticism over the weeks but tonight he put in a big effort and played well. He demanded the ball, came to get the ball, passed the ball well and his flick on headers were very good. This is completely different to the first games he played when his trademark failed move was to try and beat multiple players and just give the ball away. That has gone from his game. He still needs to score and probably should have before half time tonight but there were some good signs tonight, he might have turned the corner.

I think Cirio and Henrique are two very similar players, too similar to play them on the wings together. I would choose Cirio but I can understand why Henrique might be the preference of others.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:51 pm

Heads have to roll.

Here here shin, hopefully it's Griffen and Co first followed by the recruiting department. Also our experienced players need to be told sternly to pull up their bloody socks and give it 120 per cent if they want too stay. While I like Carrusca, Isais and Cirio all 3 have been under performing. And yes they were injured by dodgy tackles but since they have been back they have been struggling. Everyone needs to put in some effort and those not putting in need some time in the youth squad.
Im certainly not advocating those who keep the lights on walk away from the club, otherwise we will not have a club to support.

I think a new first 11 winger and a true box to box mid would revitalise the squad. Our squad really is not so bad, there is alot of talent. However its currently a little disconnected and broken.

Unfortunetly we were beaten to the punch on every quality mid available and made a last ditch effort for holland who is a great player but not a box to box mid and frankly is a square peg being forced in a round hole.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:08 pm

This is not the boards fault. Griffin and Gerard keep the club alive. This is what happens when a 7mil line up plays a 2mil line up. Their bench is better than our starting 11. Unfortunately the ffa have allowed the rich to get richer and poor clubs to struggle. We have squaddies on our bench and some old has beens in the starting line up compared to the 9mil Melbourne fc 7mil Sydney and 5.5 mil victory.

Side note, poor from the red army with throwing bottles and cups at vukovic. Shameful.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:21 pm

This is what happens when you lose 5 first team player and replace them all with worse players, our squad is an unbalanced mess with no goal scoring threat, a shambolic midfield and a defense who just disappear a few times per match. "Most expensive squad ever" the CEO defensively stated, well clearly they got ripped off.
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:35 pm

We have no self belief anymore.
And we are too slow. Far too slow.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:39 pm

This is what happens when you lose 5 first team player and replace them all with worse players, our squad is an unbalanced mess with no goal scoring threat, a shambolic midfield and a defense who just disappear a few times per match. "Most expensive squad ever" the CEO defensively stated, well clearly they got ripped off.
Goodwin, Mauk, Djite and Kamau is four. Who was the fifth?
I am Scott
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:44 pm

The sad thing is losing this season has become natural, and I've cared less and less each loss. Not saying I don't care if we lose, just that I expect it so it's easier to take.

Time to play the kids and sign some players for the ACL. The team has just looks lost and so does Amor. Nothing will change playing the same team every week.
Last minute signings did not serve us well. The ACL campaign will be a joke at this rate. Unfortunately I don't know what we can do in January that will fix the situation.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:54 pm

Goodwin, Mauk, Djite and Kamau is four. Who was the fifth?
Pablo

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”