Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Bruuuuuuuuce
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Bruuuuuuuuce Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:49 pm

Val's article claims Choi most likely won't be an Aussie till the end of the year. But Carrusca is likely to be out of action of at least 2 months so that could coincide fairly well.
Really? With a foot injury? He's already been injured for a while already, how bad can a foot injury be?
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:44 pm

Val's article claims Choi most likely won't be an Aussie till the end of the year. But Carrusca is likely to be out of action of at least 2 months so that could coincide fairly well.
Really? With a foot injury? He's already been injured for a while already, how bad can a foot injury be?
I think we are using this as a means of signing Choi.

Don't be surprised if the injury is not actually that serious.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:18 pm

Saw him at Hindmarsh when I went pick up my membership packs yesterday. He was just leaving the offices and he wasn't limping - in fact I had completely forgotten he was injured and there was no obvious sign. Mind you, walking around the club offices and playing a game are very different things.
Bruuuuuuuuce
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Bruuuuuuuuce Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:52 pm

But we can't sign Choi until he is officially an Aussie, or he has to replace Chelo as an injury replacement, right? So if Chelo isn't really that badly injured why would we be signing Choi to replace him?
EdDog

Who's signed for next season

Postby EdDog Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:56 pm

But we can't sign Choi until he is officially an Aussie, or he has to replace Chelo as an injury replacement, right? So if Chelo isn't really that badly injured why would we be signing Choi to replace him?
As soon as he is an Aussie, his price will jump and there will be a whole host of teams after him.

If we can sign him early as an injury replacement, we can secure his services before he actually becomes and Aussie - and probably at a discount.

Of course, we need an "injured" Visa player for that to happen.

At this stage it looks like it will be Carrusca but that may change.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:11 pm

Also depending on when la rocca or chelo become aussie we could slip choi temorarily into the visa spot
As soon as he is an Aussie, his price will jump and there will be a whole host of teams after him.

If we can sign him early as an injury replacement, we can secure his services before he actually becomes and Aussie - and probably at a discount.

Of course, we need an "injured" Visa player for that to happen.

At this stage it looks like it will be Carrusca but that may change.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:19 pm

If the club is faking an injury to sign a player they should be ashamed, it would be a disgraceful practice. Every bit as bad, if not worse, as breaking the salary cap.
I am Scott
Jumbinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:42 pm

If the club is faking an injury to sign a player they should be ashamed, it would be a disgraceful practice. Every bit as bad, if not worse, as breaking the salary cap.
I think carrusca's probably just actually injured rather than there being some grand conspiracy at play
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:03 pm

I think carrusca's probably just actually injured rather than there being some grand conspiracy at play
Agree. Why would Carrusca agree to be sidelined for a couple of months to sign another player? Why would the club want our Marquee player to not play so that we can sign an NPL player?
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:27 am

According to Val Choi's contracted to Blacktown till Friday so I expect we'll hear something next week.
Time to Djbate!
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:36 am

I agree. If they are overplaying Chelo's injury, we sign Choi under injury replacement rules, and Chelo makes a miraculous recovery after a few weeks, would they then both be able to play? Ridiculous if so.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:49 am

I agree. If they are overplaying Chelo's injury, we sign Choi under injury replacement rules, and Chelo makes a miraculous recovery after a few weeks, would they then both be able to play? Ridiculous if so.
I doubt a club would be allowed to have an injury replacement player for a player who isn't injured.
I wouldn't be surprised if the FFA has some sort of independent party who makes the final call on whether a club can make a IR signing or not. Obviously its a can of worms if clubs can make that call themselves.
As mentioned I'm certain Carrusca is injured. The club isn't going to pay a marquee player's wage for nothing just to sign a decently rated NPL player. If he's injured then the club claim his salary on insurance. The club isn't going to attempt insurance fraud just to make this signing.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:15 am

I doubt a club would be allowed to have an injury replacement player for a player who isn't injured.
I wouldn't be surprised if the FFA has some sort of independent party who makes the final call on whether a club can make a IR signing or not. Obviously its a can of worms if clubs can make that call themselves.
As mentioned I'm certain Carrusca is injured. The club isn't going to pay a marquee player's wage for nothing just to sign a decently rated NPL player. If he's injured then the club claim his salary on insurance. The club isn't going to attempt insurance fraud just to make this signing.
This.

Fairly sure ffa have their own medical staff who asses the situation. If that means we can slip choi in legally and fairly then i dont see the issue.

Any suggestion that we are faking our most expensive players injury to sign an unproven npl player is a wild conspiracy...even for aufc fans
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:19 am

This.

Fairly sure ffa have their own medical staff who asses the situation. If that means we can slip choi in legally and fairly then i dont see the issue.

Any suggestion that we are faking our most expensive players injury to sign an unproven npl player is a wild conspiracy...even for aufc fans
Really it's just me on the conspiracy theory bandwagon.

Didn't realise how crazy I sounded.

It's been a long off season...

shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:23 am

This.

Really it's just me on the conspiracy theory bandwagon.

Didn't realise how crazy I sounded.

It's been a long off season...

Hehe

I dont think your necessarily off the mark completly though. If the rules allow some kind of overlap with injured and injury replacement signings then we absolutely should be doing what ever it takes to stay within the rules but make them work for us.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”