Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United matchday jamboree©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ade-qpr
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United matchday jamboree©

Postby ade-qpr Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:27 pm

Any questionable decision and foxtel cheer for victory , great tackle by boogers
really struggled to watch the game thanks to the shitty commentary of Rob dog Slopper :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: the guys a farken joke and couldn't praise any Ade player without saying some thing positive about a MV player.
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:43 pm

Shocking spectacle. Littered with turnovers and fouls.

No surprises we lost, just very disappointing that we gifted them goals. Those misses to Mabil and Sanchez - yikes!

I know Mabil is young and raw, but he stuffs up so many of our attacks. He will no doubt improve and i like the excitement he brings, but for every one good thing he does, he then makes 3 mistakes. I seriously can't ever remember him finding one of our players when he passes/crosses into the box, it either goes over everyone's head or straight to the opposition. But you definitely persist with him.

Agree with the comments earlier, the Cirio experiment in midfield didn't work. I thought Jeggo was really good when he came on.

Also, disappointed for Malik since he's likely to miss the FFA cup final, really feel for him. Big loss for us.
Outcast350
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: La Flecha

Postby Outcast350 Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:04 am

Unfortunate game, hopefully Sydney fc and Perth loose as well, and we can keep second, and only one point off the top, victory played filthy football as usual. I feel like there should Have been more cards.. Seemed like consistant fouls by the same people on the same players..

Is berisha the most over rated of them all? Seems like a complete wanker.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:51 am

Hell.
That sucks.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:55 am

Any questionable decision and foxtel cheer for victory , great tackle by boogers
really struggled to watch the game thanks to the shitty commentary of Rob dog Slopper :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: the guys a farken joke and couldn't praise any Ade player without saying some thing positive about a MV player.
Bolton on SBS wasn't any better.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:58 am

I feel we deserved a point at least, if not more. Completely dominated the second half in full.

Ultimately we were our own enemy, scoring four of five of the goals. We need to turn up and play for the full 90 minutes and no less, not 70.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
EdDog

Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United matchday jamboree©

Postby EdDog Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:20 am

Lost the game in the opening half hour. Victory came out with an almighty press and we shat our pants.
rusty81

Postby rusty81 Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:55 am

Spot on Ed. We didnt handle the press from the fast Victory attacking players and made costly errors. I dont think we handled the intimidating atmosphere either, we were rattled early. In saying that Victory clearly tired in the second half due to the high intensity press and we just didnt take our chances. Still, I think we are the top 2 teams in the league
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:44 am

Mabil is oh so frustrating. So many attacks break down because he just drills the ball into the box without looking, usually there are 2 defenders that gladly accept the ball and the attack is finished.

Shit night, 2 own goals, 1 disallowed and Malik injured, what can you do? This is football..
mcjules

Postby mcjules Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:54 am

It's been the pattern in most of our games, the opposition start strongly and then slowly we start to gain ascendency. Difference here is that during that period we conceded 2 (own) goals where we've at most conceded 1 in the past

I hope it's just one of those things that can happen some times. Some bad luck probably but man have we had some bad luck through the years.

P.S. The transformation of Victory's play into the image of Muscat is nearly complete.
rusty81

Postby rusty81 Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:14 pm

Mabil is oh so frustrating. So many attacks break down because he just drills the ball into the box without looking, usually there are 2 defenders that gladly accept the ball and the attack is finished.

Shit night, 2 own goals, 1 disallowed and Malik injured, what can you do? This is football..
Awer seems to struggle to play aerial balls into the box. Always low balls to the near post. Our players should know this and position themselves accordingly.
He is still a work in progress but has so much potential.
I watched Flecha closely in the warm up and he was clearly upset about being on the bench. Body language was horrible and he was clearly disinterested. With our depth, especially in the attacking half, all players will have to accept time on the bench and make sure when they get their chance they grab it. A good team is made up of everyone accepting their role and playing their part no matter what that is.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:27 pm

We were killed down our right; this is where both OGs originated from. I'm sticking with my opinion that Mabil was our brightest player last night, but as a winger he needs to learn that going forwards in a huff (which can/occasionally results in losing the ball) isn't always the best option. Sometimes he needs to look for the backwards pass to retain possession, or cut inside quicker. This will come with time but the sooner the better, for his sake.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
mcjules

Postby mcjules Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:35 pm

I watched Flecha closely in the warm up and he was clearly upset about being on the bench. Body language was horrible and he was clearly disinterested. With our depth, especially in the attacking half, all players will have to accept time on the bench and make sure when they get their chance they grab it. A good team is made up of everyone accepting their role and playing their part no matter what that is.
Not a good sign, I think most believe if we do end up with 4 foreigners next season he's the one that will be let loose but it looks likely regardless.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:51 pm

We were killed down our right; this is where both OGs originated from. I'm sticking with my opinion that Mabil was our brightest player last night, but as a winger he needs to learn that going forwards in a huff (which can/occasionally results in losing the ball) isn't always the best option. Sometimes he needs to look for the backwards pass to retain possession, or cut inside quicker. This will come with time but the sooner the better, for his sake.
I wonder if gombau played our regular best 11 what may have happened ?

Elrich would have been at rb where marrone struggled. Cirio would have been a better attacking option them cirio at lw although goodwins crosses are absolute class.

Imo chelo, isais and sanchez all playing in the midfield with an enthusiastic jeggo to come on against a tiring midfield to help create late in the game is our best option.

We won every stat has more of the ball, created the best chances , just was not our night ....actually no it was a horror night the forces to be were not going to let us win.

This happens though and its not such a big deal over the course of the season, lets remember its the first loss this season
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:12 pm

I just don't get why we still lose our cool in these MV matches. I mean, sure they pressed us vigourously but from Galekovic forward we were rattled and turning it over from the beginning.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”