Melbourne City v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Melbourne City v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree

Postby shinAUFC Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:51 am

Brawls late in the match and outside afterwards. Didn't expect any different from Heart/City fans. They've tried it on AU fans before.

BREAKING NEWS: We have just heard rumors that there has been an altercation outside AAMI Park tonight as a number of people from Melbourne City's supporter group "Melburnians" ambushed and king hit a number of traveling Adelaide Away supporters...We don't know exactly who has been injured or what's going on, I'm just reporting the news to you as its been handed to me.
We will bring you more on this news as it develops
Ill reserve my judgement.

Ive seen some of our travelling fans look for trouble on occasions. Im not saying this is what happened though
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:54 am

Yup ned zelic epic during commentary.

I couldn't believe it when he was dropped from sbs and had no media duties when we have guys like slater on foxtel...

Zelic gives a good insight but is also entertaining to listen to and you can tell how much he loves the game
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:59 am

Also worth watching purely for Ned's commentary. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but for me it was gold :lol:
"It's destruction in the box - BOOM!!!"
I agree, Ned's commentary is well worth it. He's genuinely enjoying himself.

Kamau is shaping up to be a ready replacement for Mabil should(when) he heads off for Ajax or elsewhere.
supsup
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby supsup Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:23 am

There was quite a bit of banter between our away supporters and a few pockets of City fans. One moment turned ugly late in the game when a City fan came over to a group of three AU fans (who were not wearing red and looking for trouble from the beginning frankly) and there was a little tussle. Promptly stopped by pepper spray. I didnt see anything happen after the game.
Schultzy

Postby Schultzy Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:17 pm

:O Shocked at the ned praise.

He is honestly the most boring and uninspiring commentator I have had to listen to, laughing at his own unfunny jokes and making rubbish calls about the game. felt like my ears were bleeding.
Jumbinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:25 pm

I'd prefer him to most of the alternatives at fox. I just about switched it off after rudan spent most of the pregame talking about melb being worried about ferreira when he wasn't playing
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:46 pm

Anyone else watch the sbs coverage? Whoever was commentating with bash was agonizing to listen to.
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Adam Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:55 pm

Anyone else watch the sbs coverage? Whoever was commentating with bash was agonizing to listen to.
Haha Aytek Genc is his name, and yep agreed. Not a fan of Basheer as well to be honest.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:58 pm

Why doesnt foz call any games?

Like him or not his knowledge of the tactical side of things is top notch and has a great way of explaining it.

He only needs to be the special comments guy.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:06 pm

I love fozz and he seems love adelaide so I would be very happy for him to call games.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:36 pm

:O Shocked at the ned praise.

He is honestly the most boring and uninspiring commentator I have had to listen to, laughing at his own unfunny jokes and making rubbish calls about the game. felt like my ears were bleeding.
As I said, not everyone's cup of tea. I can see why some might not find his jokes funny but his insights into the game were better than most in my opinion

The good thing about Friday nights is that you have an alternative if you don't like it so I hope he continues :)
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:59 pm

Bring back Dom!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:22 am

Agree on SBS. They don't seem top realise that their presentation is effectively stopping any growth. Basheer - while I don't mind him - offers NOTHING for people new to or sampling the game, or the league. He's so boring, there's not a spark of excitement. Its all so...reasonable.

Fox hated it and have their own team this year rather than sharing. I'm glad to be rid of Slater as that guy's a special kind of special, but would love to have Zelic. Always enjoyed him on SBS.

No-one seems to have the right TEAM of commentators, which is a shame. Doesn't matter how good the game is, both broadcasters need to reflect the fact that for most of the population the A League is still something outside their comfort zone and have to make sure watching the game - especially in the early stages - is a good experience.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:40 am

Also - love the look of Baby Bruce.

His games against Malaga and Wellington in pre-season showed some promise and he looks like he may kick on. Seems to keep his head better than Mabil already which is a great thing.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:08 pm

Also - love the look of Baby Bruce.

His games against Malaga and Wellington in pre-season showed some promise and he looks like he may kick on. Seems to keep his head better than Mabil already which is a great thing.
Agreed. Ochieng is the other one who looked good when he came on against Wellington. He appears to be a rather different type of player to Mabil/Kamau though and I suspect will take longer to develop as his game requires guile which comes with experience (from the snippets I've seen).

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”